Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-18-2015, 08:25 AM

5 posts, read 4,938 times

Advertisements

Help I am in poinciana kissimmee area no family I'm homeless what do I do I have 13 month old little girl that's asthmatic and a 16 year old son who is diabetic don't know what to do or where to go help please
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-18-2015, 09:06 AM

2,407 posts, read 3,188,935 times
Osceola Community Health Services at Poinciana is one of four community health centers operated by Osceola County Health department. The health center provides quality and affordable care for men, women and children during all stages of life. Our highly skilled team of health care professionals is dedicated to you and your family's health care needs. We encourage you use the links to learn more about our services. We hope you'll allow our family at the Osceola Community Health Services at Poinciana to take care of yours. Welcome to Your Medical Home.

407-943-8600

Physicians are on call 24 hrs/day, 7 days/week for emergencies.
PHYSICAL ADDRESS
109 North Doverplum Avenue
Poinciana, FL 34758

Pediatric Clinic
Monday10:00am - 7:00pm
Tuesday Closed
Wednesday10:00am - 7:00pm
Thursday Closed
Friday8:00am - 5:00pm
Saturday Closed
Sunday Closed

Old 09-18-2015, 10:07 AM

5,662 posts, read 10,741,856 times
It looks like macrodome2 already gave you the most useful answer but I'll just add that United Way has a 2-1-1 hotline, everywhere in the US I think, where you can find resources and help.

Old 09-18-2015, 11:23 AM

1,285 posts, read 1,397,374 times
How did you get into this situation?

Old 09-18-2015, 11:35 AM

264 posts, read 229,757 times
Joey, be nice and keep quiet. You don't know her situation and you have no right to judge.

Old 09-18-2015, 12:05 PM

1,448 posts, read 2,897,130 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Joey Falcon View Post
How did you get into this situation?
It can happen to anyone. Get laid off from a job, have a dysfunctional or already struggling family that you can't turn to, have an expensive health crisis that you were not expecting, end up in an abusive relationship you need to hide from, and you end up out on the street in a matter of a few months to a year.

How she got in this situation is irrelevant. What matters is that she gets out, not only for herself, but for her two vulnerable kids who need adequate, shelter, food, and medical care.

OP, call every community center and shelter in FL, ask local police, contact every non-profit until you find the help you need. Never mind the no's, keep using every ounce of energy you have until you get all of your and your kids' needs met. There are organizations out there that will help will bus tickets even, if there are no resources left in your area.

Try to keep calm for the sake of your kids, and obviously do not put any of your time, energy, and money into managing the stress in unhealthy ways like drinking or other self-medicating at this time, even if you feel panicked and it is tempting to check out. The top priority is getting a safe place for your kids, with a stable day-to-day routine that meets their needs. If you have not already done so, go to the welfare office and get food stamps, Medicaid, Section 8, every single program that you or your kids qualify for. You cannot afford to be proud right now, those kids need you to get them food, medicine, and a roof over their heads. Screw everybody who has a mean thing to say on this site or elsewhere, they have no hearts and have never had real challenges in life where they had to make the hard decisions in life. The bravest thing you can do is ask for help when things have taken a wrong turn, especially when you have kids counting on you. I hope that you get back on your feet really soon, so you can feel proud of all the progress you've made.

I know many people who have done it successfully, it is not by any means impossible. Good luck, and let us know if you are able what help you got and how you were able to make it work for you. You can help another in this situation by reporting back on how you got out.

Old 09-18-2015, 12:13 PM

422 posts, read 412,412 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by shina912 View Post
Help I am in poinciana kissimmee area no family I'm homeless what do I do I have 13 month old little girl that's asthmatic and a 16 year old son who is diabetic don't know what to do or where to go help please
what part of the NE are you from?

Old 09-18-2015, 05:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by chaseo1 View Post
what part of the NE are you from?
Why do you think OP is from the NE? Oh, I know, y'all just hate us northerners.

Old 09-18-2015, 05:52 PM

1,285 posts, read 1,397,374 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by macrodome2 View Post
Why do you think OP is from the NE? Oh, I know, y'all just hate us northerners.
Well, maybe because they said they had no family here in the area?

Old 09-19-2015, 06:50 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joey Falcon View Post
Well, maybe because they said they had no family here in the area?
Yeah, but she could just as easily been from Ohio, Michigan, Illinois.... Some of the FL posters really have a thing for people from the NE, specifically NY and NJ. NJ isn't all "Jersey Shore" trash. Some of us are quite well educated and bring a bit of money to bolster the economy when we retire.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida