Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-26-2012, 01:49 PM

12,135 posts, read 16,015,781 times

Advertisements

Yes, the housing boom sure brought a lot of folks to the area. However, show me anyplace in the country that is the same as it was in 2006. However, besides a larger population and more retail
businesses, it is still the same as it was in 2006. Nothing has changed too much except the housing market.

What a difference a recession makes.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ken E View Post
2006 was like a boom town around there. It was actually kind of exciting living in that area. What a difference a few years makes.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-26-2012, 01:51 PM

BTW, Wal Mart is a publicly owned company.

So is Publix. Employee owned?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Not_liking_FL View Post
I'll stick to my snobbish ways and support a company like Publix that is employee owned. Buy a steak at Wal-Mart and it's about a grade or two above dog food, not at Publix.

Old 08-26-2012, 01:59 PM

2,983 posts, read 4,593,640 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spring Hillian View Post
BTW, Wal Mart is a publicly owned company.

So is Publix. Employee owned?
Publix Stockholder Information – Stockholder Services

Old 08-26-2012, 02:02 PM

Well well. I stand corrected. The stock probably wouldnt do well on the open market anyway

Quote:

Old 08-26-2012, 02:02 PM

2,360 posts, read 5,220,156 times
Quote:
Yes, the housing boom sure brought a lot of folks to the area. However, show me anyplace in the country that is the same as it was in 2006. However, besides a larger population and more retail
businesses, it is still the same as it was in 2006. Nothing has changed too much except the housing market.

What a difference a recession makes.
Your exactly right. The recession has affected pretty much everywhere in the country. I lived in that area there for ten years and had a lot of friends in Spring Hill. Most of them have left for one reason or another.That area just seemed to get hit a lot harder than most areas. What used to be some of the better areas are really starting to show their age now.

Old 08-26-2012, 02:06 PM

2,983 posts, read 4,593,640 times
Quote:
Well well. I stand corrected. The stock probably wouldnt do well on the open market anyway

Why?

Old 08-26-2012, 02:10 PM

Yep. You were in Aripeka, right? Nobody I know has left or thought of leaving. One fellow is buying up lots right now since the prices are starting to rise some. I don't see how an area comprised of nothing but houses gets "hit a lot harder than most areas" except for the fact that home construction had virtually come to a halt. Every place shows age with time.

Quote:
Your exactly right. The recession has affected pretty much everywhere in the country. I lived in that area there for ten years and had a lot of friends in Spring Hill. Most of them have left for one reason or another.That area just seemed to get hit a lot harder than most areas. What used to be some of the better areas are really starting to show their age now.

Old 08-26-2012, 02:17 PM

Quote:
[/b]

Why?
Not that it wouldn't sell well, in fact it would sell very well causing a huge drop in the value.
There may be a short-term gain for shareholders, but long term, others would begin milking the company and those rewarded would not be the employees.

Old 08-30-2012, 12:29 PM

5,500 posts, read 10,481,858 times
Quote:
Yep. 3 of them. While the snobs are at Publix we save the $$ on the exact same products.
Ah. The perfect Example how your generation sold off American jobs decades ago. Instead of paying a little extra to support an employee owned company that pays its workers well and always ranks high on best places to work you choose a company that has a horrible record.

Old 08-30-2012, 12:30 PM

5,500 posts, read 10,481,858 times
Quote:
Agree
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida