Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-30-2012, 11:48 AM

12,135 posts, read 16,126,258 times

Advertisements

Thousands and thousands of Americans are employed at Wal Mart.

I guess you pay MSRP on a new car to support the auto biz.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gatornation View Post
Ah. The perfect Example how your generation sold off American jobs decades ago. Instead of paying a little extra to support an employee owned company that pays its workers well and always ranks high on best places to work you choose a company that has a horrible record.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-30-2012, 12:01 PM

5,500 posts, read 10,520,192 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spring Hillian View Post
Thousands and thousands of Americans are employed at Wal Mart.

I guess you pay MSRP on a new car to support the auto biz.
Every company employees people. Sadly many Americams like yourself put cheap ahead of morals and ethics in their purchases.

Old 08-30-2012, 12:02 PM

I just can't see spending $2.29 on an item I can get elsewere for $1.89. I work too hard to give it away.

Quote:
Every company employees people. Sadly many Americams like yourself put cheap ahead of morals and ethics in their purchases.

Old 08-17-2014, 07:31 PM

2 posts, read 6,335 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NatureCoastFL View Post
If you will be here before the newest addition, spring hill regional has very nice mommy/baby delivery suites. We had 2 of our kids there and loved it...

My Comments: With all the growth, almost every major store is now somewhere in the spring hill area, although the closet mall is 20 miles away. There still is a vast amount of empty lots and land, but the prices have gone way up. Several new public schools have been built and there are several good private ones as well. There are really only 2 seasons here, hot and warm. We use our air almost 10 months of the year, but so far this winter, it has been a little cooler. Here in spring hill, we have not had a direct hit from a hurricane in many years. In the 04' season, the highest winds we had were under 60mph, but some would argue we(the tampa area) are very overdue for a direct hit.

Insurance costs have skyrocketed, as I used to pay $700 a year, and this year it is almost $2800 . Property taxes have also increased a lot and if you buy a home, make sure you know what you taxes will be the first year since the previous owner may have had an exemption and a saves our homes cap.
Crime is ok, but as one can imagine with more people moving here, crime will go up. We really dont hear much about the really bad stuff; i.e murders, rape, assualt, most of that is closer to the bigger cities, tampa, st pete etc...

Another consideration is all the elderly population in spring hill. I'm not going to lie, there are quite a few of them. But since I commute to work every day out of the county, I dont have to deal with them so it does not bother me.

Traffic - Our traffic is on the increase, and it seems the county and state always are behind in fixing the problem. Sometimes during "rush hour" when everone is commuting home, traffic can be rough, but usually 7 or so, traffic eases quite a bit.
If you have any specfic questions, feel free to pm me.....
Why are elderly people living in Spring Hill something "you won't lie about"? I don't understand why this would something so negative.

Old 08-18-2014, 08:11 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bamboosmom View Post
Look out for SINK HOLES!!!! They can take your house down!
You may want to know that sinkholes occur throughout all of the west coast of FL.

I cant think of the last time there was a catastrophic collapse due to a sinkhole in Spring Hill.

Old 08-18-2014, 08:12 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by roadapple View Post
Why are elderly people living in Spring Hill something "you won't lie about"? I don't understand why this would something so negative.
Some people have a very negative view of senior citizens. The over 65 crowd is about 20 percent of the population.

Old 08-18-2014, 08:32 AM

2,962 posts, read 4,998,484 times
Quote:
You may want to know that sinkholes occur throughout all of the west coast of FL.

I cant think of the last time there was a catastrophic collapse due to a sinkhole in Spring Hill.
Sinkholes can happen anywhere. They're just more prevalent in FL because of the geology of the state. But I have to post this because of your statement.
Another Day, Another Sinkhole Emerges in Florida - ABC News

Old 08-18-2014, 08:52 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by HarryWho? View Post
Sinkholes can happen anywhere. They're just more prevalent in FL because of the geology of the state. But I have to post this because of your statement.
Another Day, Another Sinkhole Emerges in Florida - ABC News
Actually the roadway collapsed. The house was torn down due to the sinkhole being so close. The house itself was not in the sinkhole.

Sinkhole swallows street, threatens home

Old 08-18-2014, 09:10 AM

4,584 posts, read 4,196,214 times
Quote:
Some people have a very negative view of senior citizens. The over 65 crowd is about 20 percent of the population.
Does that include snowbirds ? Just curious as to how that number is calculated ...

Old 08-18-2014, 09:34 AM

17,182 posts, read 15,382,471 times
Quote:
Ah. The perfect Example how your generation sold off American jobs decades ago. Instead of paying a little extra to support an employee owned company that pays its workers well and always ranks high on best places to work you choose a company that has a horrible record.
I don't shop at Wal-Mart. I hate it. But it has nothing to do with the above-mentioned.
Rather, I'd prefer to spend maybe $0.50 more on an item if it means a better shopping experience, quicker cashiers, friendlier service, cleaner environment, and less encounters with weirdos/

Nothing against Wal-Mart shoppers. To each his/her own. My wife used to shop at Wal-Mart all the time. Eventually she just got sick of it.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida