Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-20-2015, 03:26 PM

27,798 posts, read 32,416,863 times

Advertisements

Stay away from Tampa/St Pete.....not because we don't have cute/attractive women, but because we also have more than enough of our share of superficial people (specifically S. Tampa) as it appears OP might be one.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-20-2015, 03:52 PM

14,268 posts, read 18,923,606 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by blueherons View Post
Sarasota. The whitest city I've ever seen other than Salt Lake City. I love Sarasota but it lacks diversity.
I think Sarasota County is more diversified than many areas of Florida. It really depends on the section. Englewood is 97% Caucasian, but I wouldn't recommend it for someone under 30. Too boring. Sarasota has a lot to do, but I'd recommend Tallahassee or Gainesville to a young person. I was only in Gainesville for a month, but I really enjoyed the city, except for the traffic.

I know we are not supposed to judge on these forums, only offer advice, but I don't know why anyone would choose "where the good-looking white girls are" as a priority, unless that person is very immature. Florida, in general, is very segregated. So it often doesn't matter in what county you live, because people have their own circle of friends, and many hide behind their community gate.

First I would suggest looking for an area with the best job opportunities. Then compare the price of housing, school ratings, crime rate, taxes, etc.

I realize we're all trying to be politically correct these days, but I find nothing wrong with a young person being attracted to certain types. OTOH, it's very surprising to hear that people actually believe that, just because someone is Black or Hispanic, she won't share the same cultural interests.
Quote:
Originally Posted by excusemydearpreference View Post
Would not want to be near a major university as I know that fraternity brothers and football players will generally have a monopoly on some of the better looking girls and going for an older guy is kinda taboo (I am 28).
Well, I guess Gainesville is out of the picture. If you are having trouble meeting women you desire, maybe you should stop blaming other guys and widen your world just a bit.

Old 09-20-2015, 04:05 PM

2,956 posts, read 2,341,067 times
He is trolling looking for people to either take offense or take him seriously.

Old 09-20-2015, 05:25 PM

2 posts, read 2,184 times
I am not trolling and I have friends of various races, it is just that I am attracted to white women and would like to be around more of them. Is that really too much to ask for advice on?

Also, I avoid college towns because I know how things in college towns typically work, people are cliquish and older guys don't fare too well in college towns because anyone who is over 25 and in a college town is kinda seen as weird unless they're a professor.

Old 09-20-2015, 08:18 PM

296 posts, read 319,132 times
Join a dating site...put down you want white chicks....then you don't have to move to a town to look for chicks.....don't you have friends that can set you up?

Old 09-21-2015, 02:30 AM

24,396 posts, read 26,932,004 times
If you are good looking charming man, you'll get an attractive white girl in any city in the United States. If you aren't, then you could be in a city that is to the rim in attractive white women and still not get any of them.

Old 09-21-2015, 05:28 AM

14,928 posts, read 12,126,747 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by aridon View Post
He is trolling looking for people to either take offense or take him seriously.
So by the same criteria someone looking for areas where there is a large black population, or a heavy concentration of gay people would not be trolling? Because I see no such reaction to the posters who come here asking about these groups.

Old 09-21-2015, 07:49 AM

17,131 posts, read 15,341,895 times
I don't see why some would find this offensive...
Being of Caribbean descent, I tend to be more attracted to fair-skinned Caribbean women.
I have friends who are only attracted to white girls, some to blacks, etc.

Anything wrong with that??

Old 09-21-2015, 08:54 AM

27,165 posts, read 43,857,618 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by blueherons View Post
Sarasota. The whitest city I've ever seen other than Salt Lake City. I love Sarasota but it lacks diversity.
It also trends fairly old for the OP with an average age of 41.

Old 09-21-2015, 09:07 AM

549 posts, read 722,044 times
Sorry, I didn't read all of the posts but thought I'd offer up the Villages.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida
View detailed profiles of: