Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-22-2015, 02:46 PM

35,051 posts, read 31,258,424 times

Advertisements

The Dolphins have a beautiful stadium, just need the crowds.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-22-2015, 02:48 PM
PDF

11,395 posts, read 13,409,287 times
Raymond James is quite nice as well. Once the Bucs start winning again (well they are 5-5 this year, so getting there) the crowds will come. Unless you're a prestigious team, no team is going to sell out games if you are losing.

Old 11-22-2015, 06:29 PM

8,963 posts, read 8,910,503 times
Panthers have a strong following.

Old 11-22-2015, 06:37 PM
PDF

Quote:
Originally Posted by StreetSmarts View Post
Panthers have a strong following.
Florida Panthers?

Old 11-23-2015, 07:23 AM

27,163 posts, read 43,857,618 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PDF View Post
Raymond James is quite nice as well. Once the Bucs start winning again (well they are 5-5 this year, so getting there) the crowds will come. Unless you're a prestigious team, no team is going to sell out games if you are losing.
Unless you're a team like the Kansas City Chiefs, Cleveland Browns, Buffalo Bills, Baltimore Ravens and New Orleans Saints who are in the top half of the league in terms of average attendance and not considered "prestigious" teams.

Old 11-23-2015, 08:14 AM

Quote:
Florida Panthers?
Carolina

Old 11-23-2015, 09:06 AM

4,167 posts, read 9,334,729 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kyle19125 View Post
Unless you're a team like the Kansas City Chiefs, Cleveland Browns, Buffalo Bills, Baltimore Ravens and New Orleans Saints who are in the top half of the league in terms of average attendance and not considered "prestigious" teams.
Athough I would not consider these teams national brands like the Cowboys, Giants, Bears, Packers and Pats I would still say these are very storied teams with rich tradition. I would add Denver and Seattle to this lists as well. Miami should be part of this lists as well but recent regressions by the ownership and front office have soured even the most loyal longtime fans.

Old 11-23-2015, 09:16 AM
PDF

Quote:
Originally Posted by StreetSmarts View Post
Carolina
They do not play in Florida.

Old 11-23-2015, 03:08 PM

3,615 posts, read 2,327,898 times
I think the location of the stadium certainly helps a new team build a loyal fan base and makes for a fun night out. These games arent cheap and floridians have alot more entertainment and outdoor and beach options than say, somebody like the buffalo sabres or bills fans or minneapolis fans.

I said 30 minutes from tampa to tropicana but that is being very hopeful at time, it has taken us at least an hour to get to the trop, I just think Amalie arena is a much more fun night out being located in a fun area. There is something to be said for downtown sports arenas or at least accessible by mass transit. Having a few drinks and going and walking to a restaurant before or afterward and walking or taking rail is nice and better than designated driver and parking or waiting a very long time to find a taxi or uber, if you even can find one

charlotte's uptown areas has tons of bars and restaurants and both the arena and football games are accessible to walk to from uptown area and light rail goes to the stadium , panthers are very good too and those stadiums and arenas have really helped with charlottes downtown explosion. They have a really cool new triple a field and probably get a mlb team one day

same thing with denver and coors field and lodo district,you can walk to minute maid park in downtown houston from alot of hotels and the light rail is about a few blocks, tons to do in downtown houston too. I think they are expanding the light rail straight to the stadium in houston

Amalie arena is a great night out out for a hockey game and it is beautiful around there, I think sports fans in florida are there, we always have some of the loudest fans in the sec and the country at the swamp at UF and for basketball , we just need the right owners and good stadiums and a few winning pro teams. the marlins,dolphins,jags, bucs and the rays were and are horrible this year

Old 11-23-2015, 06:08 PM

Quote:
They do not play in Florida.

I'm aware. They are a team with a strong following despite charlottes growth. Someone mentioned earlier they do not, but they do.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida