Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-28-2015, 07:31 AM

301 posts, read 368,721 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by BucFan View Post
There is much to do in Fla other than watch and pay a ton to sit and watch sports.
Yes today-this is true. But back from 1990 and before every Fall Sunday was dead. It was the Fins or Bucs, and if you had a way to see the games in person it was like going to the see the Pope at Mass in Italy. Dude, you are obviously a young guy so check yourself and know your Florida Pro Sports true history before you open your mouth.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-28-2015, 07:40 AM

Quote:
A friend of mine has season tickets for exact seats as mine but pays the Bears three times what I pay the Bucs.......great fan, lol. Pats fan pays PSL just for the right to buy tix. Takes him 1-2 hrs jusr to leave the Gillette parking jam.....fun. Sucker born every min, including me.....games are all on TV.
And this is exactly why you are a rogue Florida Fan and your username is "BucsFan"? Seems a little ridiculous to me. So you love the Bucs but you're too lazy to see the games in person? How do you support the Bucs if you stay home spread eagle on the couch? Hard core fans stay hard core fans. Look at Green Bay Packer fans going games in 10 below 0 weather. If you want to see a true Pro Florida Sports Fan then you gotta go back to to 1984 when me and my homies-all of 4 of us packed in my Camaro and drove from St. Augustine all the way down 95 to the Orange Bowel (5 hour drive!) to watch Dan Marino throw a football. Now that was true Fan dedication!

Last edited by Git Her Done; 11-28-2015 at 07:48 AM..

Old 11-28-2015, 07:51 AM

27,798 posts, read 32,448,899 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Git Her Done View Post
Yes today-this is true. But back from 1990 and before every Fall Sunday was dead. It was the Fins or Bucs, and if you had a way to see the games in person it was like going to the see the Pope at Mass in Italy. Dude, you are obviously a young guy so check yourself and know your Florida Pro Sports true history before you open your mouth.
I was in half empty Bucs games in 1980s at the Sombrerro, ****.....they were one of the worst franchises in the history of the sport.

Old 11-28-2015, 07:55 AM

Quote:
And this is exactly why you are a rogue Florida Fan and your username is "BucsFan"? Seems a little ridiculous to me. So you love the Bucs but you're too lazy to see the games in person? How do you support the Bucs if you stay home spread eagle on the couch? Hard core fans stay hard core fans. Look at Green Bay Packer fans going games in 10 below 0 weather. If you want to see a true Pro Florida Sports Fan then you gotta go back to to 1984 when me and my homies-all of 4 of us packed in my Camaro and drove from St. Augustine all the way down 95 to the Orange Bowel (5 hour drive!) to watch Dan Marino throw a football. Now that was true Fan dedication!
You're confused. I'm not calling myself or anyone here hard core or diehard. Football isn't life. It's no different than going to a mivie, concert, amusement park.

Old 11-28-2015, 08:07 AM
PDF

11,395 posts, read 13,422,654 times
Quote:
The fact is the Dolphins go back to 1966. The Bucs began in 1976. Steve Spurrier, Ray Perkins, Lee Roy Selmon, Doug Williams, Vinny Testaverde, Steve Young and the list goes on and on legendary players and coaches. This is enough history to satisfy me. B-ball, baseball and hocky started in the 90s. In the 70s and 80s all us kids dreamed of Dad driving us to Tampa or Miami to to see the big game. Fall Sundays was dead unless you lived near the beach and we did not. We were two hours inland. Dan Marino and Vinny Testaverde were Gods back then, especially Marino. We all dreamed to be Dan Marino-throwing the ball like he did.
Wow.

Old 11-28-2015, 08:08 AM

Quote:
You're confused. I'm not calling myself or anyone here hard core or diehard. Football isn't life. It's no different than going to a movie, concert, amusement park.
I understand but I beg to differ. When it comes to professional football, you support the team in bad times and good times and comparing the Bucs and Fins to a freaking movie? Are you kidding me? Disney or the Dolphins? Are you serious?

Dude, are you really a Floridian?

Old 11-28-2015, 08:09 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by PDF View Post
Wow.
"Wow" is your own small way of saying " you are correct Git Her Done!"

Old 11-28-2015, 08:12 AM

Quote:
I was in half empty Bucs games in 1980s at the Sombrerro, ****.....they were one of the worst franchises in the history of the sport.
Agreed 100%. The old stadium was a high school cement piece of sh*t. Blame that on the infamous cheap Bucs owner High Culverhouse. Mr. Culverhouse was the cheapest owner in the history of pro sports and why Bo Jackson laughed when the Bucs drafted him but Mr. Glazer changed all that when he purchased the team.

Old 11-28-2015, 08:24 AM

Quote:
I understand but I beg to differ. When it comes to professional football, you support the team in bad times and good times and comparing the Bucs and Fins to a freaking movie? Are you kidding me? Disney or the Dolphins? Are you serious?

Dude, are you really a Floridian?
to understand why FL pro stadiums are empty, you have to understand what competes with the sports entertainment dollar......families have a lot of options other than giving the Glazers their hard earned money...

Old 11-28-2015, 08:36 AM

Quote:
to understand why FL pro stadiums are empty, you have to understand what competes with the sports entertainment dollar......families have a lot of options other than giving the Glazers their hard earned money...
Agree 100% with you, and some will question the Glazer's family true intentions if they are owners for the love of the team and not for just profit alone. If you recall Mr. Glazer was happily living in Palm Beach before he purchased the Bucs. Personally, I think Glazer is it for the profit and investment just like Ross with the Dolphins. Bucs won SB in 2002, and that was 13 years ago and no major wins since and they continue to draft bad players. Then they amplified the pirate logo on the helmet--looks terrible!

Bring back the old orange florescent uniforms, hire Nick Saben or Steve Spurrier and draft better players!

Last edited by Git Her Done; 11-28-2015 at 08:45 AM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida