Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-07-2015, 08:15 PM

301 posts, read 368,523 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by 94buickcentury View Post
I would like to know where Joey Falcon and Git Her Done's ancestry was originally from? I bet their ancestors were European decent. Technically, all Europeans are illegals as this land originally belonged to the Native American tribes. For Florida specifically, the Seminoles. Europeans stole their land and killed them with blood on their hands (that or forced migration). Lets not forget that they were also forced to live a lifestyle of a European including changing religion to Christianity.
You are correct and grossly incorrect.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-07-2015, 08:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arcenal352 View Post
Cuban women have nice asses combined with nice skin tones. I'm cool with that.
Kinda like ordering a Steak and just looking at it. Fyi: 90% of all those "nice ass" Cuban women that enter Miami become Americanized in 3 months or less. I'll let you figure out that means if you have any competence at all. Back to topic and for a deeper meaning to the subject-Any immigrant entering in to the United States must do so LEGALLY... Come in LEGALLY. LEGALLY. Have a nice evening.

Old 12-07-2015, 09:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by so954 View Post
I think you are confusing Cubans with people from other spanish speaking countries from south and central America and Mexico. I've never known one Cuban person that had more than one their immediate family living in their home, except for a family of 7, patents, 3 kids and the grandparents, yes, they are old school and still believe in taking care of their elderly family members not throwing them in a nursing home to discard them or letting them live alone and miserable.
Agreed...There are exceptions. I never said all Cubans were bad, and many are ideal legal U.S. citizens but your comments that all Cubans are great legal citizens-I challenge this comment by asking you if you have ever been to Hialeah? A city of 98% Cubans since about 1980. Hialeah was a very beautiful and clean place to live up to about 1975. However, today, it's a trashy, filthy city occupied by mostly third world immigrants, mostly Cubans-legal and illegal. I had friends from Hialeah and they all left beginning around 1977. Google images *today and prior to 1980 Hialeah*.

Quote:
I've never heard of a Cuban illegal alien. Once they come here they can seek asylum and get a green card.
An illegal alien is a fancy name for illegal immigrant, and yes, once a Cuban sets foot on American soil, he/she can stay no matter who he/she is-I don't agree with this.

Quote:
Here is a billionaire raised by a Cuban father who adopted him. Bezos's mother Jacklyn was a teenager at the time of his birth. Her marriage to his father lasted a little more than a year. When Jeff was four, she remarried, to Miguel Bezos, a Cuban who immigrated to the United States alone when he was fifteen years old. If you don't recognize the name, he's the founder and CEO of Amazon. He went to high school in Miami and I'm sure he's very fond and appreciated of the Cuban people.
Again, we have ideal Cuban American citizens. However the great ones way out number the not-so-great ones.

Quote:
Desi Arnaz created the 3 camera shoot sitcom, I'm sure you've heard of I Love Lucy?
Desi Arnaz was a great Latin Actor in his own right and ideal US citizen and his parents settled in Tampa. Arnez got lucky and met Lucy Ball in New York and she changed his life by introducing him to the right people in Hollywood. Make note after Ball divorced him, his career tanked and he moved to Del Mar and retired fairly young, no more film or tv offers. However, he was a great American citizen from hispanic Cuban roots and yes he did invent some unique camera angels for live TV but many say Ball was the one invented it and Arnaz took credit for it.

Quote:
Before that it was the Honeymooners which was shot with only one camera in mostly one room, and that was Jackie Gleason who loved Miami and died in Florida.
You are correct and incorrect. The late great "The Great One" (RIP) Mr. Gleason was doing stand up comedy in Miami beginning early 1950s and vacationed there a lot from the 1950s to early 1970s. Gleason originally planned to move up to Palm Beach County from his current home near his theater in Miami Beach but the Inverrary Country Club in Lauderhill (it was just built when Gleason moved in) offered him a free home in exchange for advertising the Golf Club and being featured in all sorts of promos, ads, etc. Note that Gleason was growing tired of the Latin immigrants moving in to Miami and crowding the area. He wanted out of Miami because he was tired of hearing spanish, tired of the drug trade invading Miami and causing collateral damage. Gleason wanted out and this is why he move north to Lauderhill and Broward County. And today Lauderhill thanks to all the legal and illegal Haitian immigrants flooding in, the area has gone downhill exponentially. Gleason's widowed wife has gone on record saying if Gleason lived longer he was going to move again to Palm Beach because the same thing was beginning Lauderhill that had happened in Miami. Mr. Gleason was a peaceful man that just wanted to drink, smoke, play golf and have a good time among close friends.

I'm here to set the record straight because most of you are incompetent or uninformed or both, and you "so954" seem to be just another poster who does not know the truth about Miami and South Florida. Maybe you are working in tourism and this how you make a living by making asinine comments and out right untruths. Whatever you motivation, you are grossly incompetent or uninformed or both.

Old 12-07-2015, 09:13 PM

2,232 posts, read 2,118,662 times
Some people here must be really old and removed from the times, clinging to their decades old ignorant predjudices.

The Cuban-American community is one of the greatest immigrant success stories of modern times. Like I said, the more the merrier.

Old 12-07-2015, 09:17 PM

4,918 posts, read 6,469,326 times
I love Cubans they love the USA, better than radicalized Islamic people IMO but liberals will tell me I am a wrong.

Old 12-07-2015, 09:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Happiness-is-close View Post
The Cuban-American community is one of the greatest immigrant success stories of modern times.
Really? How do you explain these recent FACTUAL NEWS Reports?

U.S. welfare flows to Cuba - Sun Sentinel

https://www.washingtonpost.com/world...mepage%2Fstory

Old 12-07-2015, 09:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Happiness-is-close View Post
Some people here must be really old and removed from the times.
I disagree. It's called Florida History 101 and perhaps you should know more too since you now live in Florida. Florida's history is very important. You either know it or you don't-and if you don't-then you are uninformed. So be informed instead of making comments that may or may not be true. Have a nice evening.

Old 12-07-2015, 09:53 PM

7,733 posts, read 6,460,736 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Git Her Done View Post
Terrible news. One day in the very near future the state of Florida will be called North Cuba.
You mean it isn't already?

Old 12-07-2015, 09:55 PM

Most Cubans come legally, via planes. The rafters come too, but not as much as y'all think. Out of all my Cuban born relatives, only one came by raft. I don't really support the wet foot dry foot law, really. If Mexicans can't come like that, neither should Cubans.

Old 12-07-2015, 10:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 94buickcentury View Post
I would like to know where Joey Falcon and Git Her Done's ancestry was originally from? I bet their ancestors were European decent. Technically, all Europeans are illegals as this land originally belonged to the Native American tribes. For Florida specifically, the Seminoles. Europeans stole their land and killed them with blood on their hands (that or forced migration). Lets not forget that they were also forced to live a lifestyle of a European including changing religion to Christianity.
What do you think Cubans are? 80+ percent of them in the US are white and their families had considerable wealth in Cuba pre-revolution. They aren't the same as the poor Mestizo Mexicans in the southwest who have considerable Native blood. Also, you think the Spanish were nice to the Cuban Native people? Hah! They MASSACRED them all, and brought in slaves from Africa. At least the Anglo-Saxon Americans didn't drive the Native Americans to pure extinction. The Spanish were ruthless as hell, vikings of the South. If Mexico was a smallish island, I betcha that the entire Mexican population would have been genocided like in Cuba. There's a Cuban town called "Matanzas" named for the slaughter of natives. The killings were compared to the slaughtering of livestock. Don't think White Americans are the worst offenders to Indigenous people. Cuba had slavery that ended after the US Civil War did. In 1886.
I am saying this as a white Cuban-American, of recent enough European ancestry dating to at least the 1860s (Spanish born great great grandpa) I do not doubt my racial privilege, nor do I act like my cultural heritage makes me a "poor American minority." I know the truth, and white Cubans are more openly racist than white Americans. My own aunt said she didn't want to visit Jamaica because of the blacks.

TLDR; What Spaniards did to the natives of Cuba is worse than what the Anglo-Americans did to the natives of the US. Cuba never did have a Jim Crowe style society, but it also had racial segregation though much tamer than in the US south.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida