Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 12-07-2015, 05:07 AM

2,054 posts, read 3,342,798 times

Advertisements

Here's the article, and it is reprehensible.

State purges 9,000 children from medical system in cost-saving overhaul | Tampa Bay Times

I hate this state, but somehow, for now, the wife and I have convinced ourselves that the warm climate and low cost of housing where we are is worth the ethical stink of living in Florida. We feel like a traitor to everything I believe in by residing here. These are the sorriest bunch of state workers in the US w/ no conscience, and no values, and the governor is the head of this mob. I hate the monied people who come here, w/ their me first attitude, their rudeness and pushiness, their lack of human respect. Don't tell me to move, because that won't change a thing, other than I won't be here. These terrible things will still go on and on, and the lawmakers will continue to put a lying spin on it so that the morons that voted them in are happy. A state that cuts taxes to businesses and pays for it by slashing medical care to the needy is beyond belief. I would suggest that people vote these criminals out, but the repubs will just steal the elections like they normally do anyway. Besides, lets face it, these actions are simply the wishes of the majority here. That's why the usual suspects will be right back in power after election day.

Last edited by smarino; 12-07-2015 at 05:17 AM..

Old 12-07-2015, 05:31 AM

7,150 posts, read 4,904,543 times
I agree that the current governor and state legislature do not represent me, a newbie to the state since 2014.

However, I remain hopeful that future state elections will reflect my vote and those of other like-minded people who reject the current regressive government.

Not everyone moving to FL are monied people with right-wing leanings. I meet more and more open-minded and progressive people who have moved here in the past few years. It may take awhile, but our votes will make a difference.

Hang in there, and make sure you register to vote!

Old 12-07-2015, 06:01 AM

769 posts, read 830,083 times
Rick Scott is the bigest ***** ever

Old 12-07-2015, 06:04 AM

4,586 posts, read 5,610,794 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dothetwist View Post
I agree that the current governor and state legislature do not represent me, a newbie to the state since 2014.

However, I remain hopeful that future state elections will reflect my vote and those of other like-minded people who reject the current regressive government.

Not everyone moving to FL are monied people with right-wing leanings. I meet more and more open-minded and progressive people who have moved here in the past few years. It may take awhile, but our votes will make a difference.

The reason this happens over and over here, is simply because the majority of the 20 million who live here, don't care to learn about Florida's politics to make an educated decision when voting.

Then again, voting in it's true sense is a thing of the past considering how much hacking and fraud is going on.

You have Spanish speaking population here who does not understand American politics, and HOW these politics affect them in their daily lives!

An uneducated electorate will produce these results.

Last but not least, most people refuse to discuss "politics" because it's not "politically correct"! So, catch 22! How can you expect a change for the better in politics when most refuse to talk about it, and spend some time trying to understand what is really going on.

This is beyond shameful.

Medicaid is ridiculous. We had it for one of my kids a few years ago, and the dentist assigned through them was a mercenary! We ended up paying out of pocket so he can go to a real dentist. Medicaid refused to pay for one of the meds he needed and forced him to take the generic which didn't work, so we were forced to fork over $300 a month for his medicine so he gets the one that worked. FRAUD. Insurance is FRAUD here. ALL of it. Not to mention that those "doctors" accepting this state insurance are located in the worst areas of Tampa where I wouldn't go if you paid me.

Insurance = fraud in Florida, and pretty much anywhere else in America at this point. The bureaucracy around it has made it impossible to turn it into a valid system that actually HELPS the people, but again, "people" don't care to EDUCATE themselves about it enough to know what a massive fraud it really is.

The thing with these poor kids is that they are POOR. Republicans made it so that employers don't pay livable wages so their parents can afford some kind of other insurance. So, they don't have money to afford healthcare, and then the state cancels out the little care they had! WOW, just WOW. What are these kids supposed to do exactly? How can we expect these kids to be self sufficient individuals if all their help is taken away? What's worst, is that these republicans want to ban abortions too....so, LET people have kids, some with disabilities, and then offer NO HELP when HELP is needed! We have become worst than a 3rd world country when it comes to how we treat our citizens. But it's ok to welcome more refugees!

WOW.....Just WOW...

This is embarrassing.

Old 12-07-2015, 08:28 AM

14,394 posts, read 11,248,009 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dothetwist View Post

Please feel free to keep your "open-minded and progressive" people out of Florida and stay in the Northeast or California.

While I am extremely open-minded socially, there are many who moved here who also wish to be fiscally conservative and keep taxes and cost of living in check. I've worked extremely hard for my money and feel it's only right for me to pocket as much as possible.

Old 12-07-2015, 08:34 AM

14,394 posts, read 11,248,009 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by smarino View Post
A state that cuts taxes to businesses
A state that is competitive for business is one that will relocate corporate headquarters from other states.

Forbes Welcome

Tampa has five Fortune 500 headquarters in its sights | TBO.com and The Tampa Tribune

Contrast that with the approach of a more "progressive" state like NY:

"An audit to be released Monday by state Comptroller Thomas DiNapoli raises “real doubts’’ about the value of Gov. Cuomo’s $200 million-plus “Start Up NY’’ advertising campaign to attract businesses to the state, The Post has learned.

The widely anticipated audit of the 1½-year-old program comes just a month after the Cuomo administration conceded the Start Up program, touted by the governor as a “game changer’’ for the state, had created only 76 jobs in 2014."

Old 12-07-2015, 09:09 AM

5,023 posts, read 7,450,618 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by markjames68 View Post
While I am extremely open-minded socially, there are many who moved here who also wish to be fiscally conservative and keep taxes and cost of living in check. I've worked extremely hard for my money and feel it's only right for me to pocket as much as possible.
Agreed!!!

Too many people move to the state when they're already down and out.
Makes no sense.

Old 12-07-2015, 10:10 AM

Quote:
I've worked extremely hard for my money and feel it's only right for me to pocket as much as possible.
In that case, and since this selfishness epidemic has already overtaken the US, why not have a public beheading session and get rid of all the poor people in the US!! Wouldn't that make all republicans super happy? So that the entire US population is made from those making 7 figures per month and NO ONE ELSE!

^Sarcasm!

I am sure you are the ONLY person in the world who's ever worked really hard, and I am sure poor people know nothing of working hard and NOT being remunerated for their work! WOW!

Poor people work the hardest for the least amount of money, so how should we fix that???

Today, the 80's and the 90's middle class IS POOR going on poorer!

On a side note, we could make abortions free, and not allow poor people to multiply!? But I am sure if we did that republican's won't have any more $7 an hour slaves to milk "services" from.

Old 12-07-2015, 10:15 AM

Quote:
A state that is competitive for business is one that will relocate corporate headquarters from other states.
Why? So they pay the top people more and the actual worker less? "That" makes a lot of sense indeed! NOT.

By relocating here that doesn't mean those working for X corporation will be paid a livable wage; look at Amazon...they all come to Florida so they DON'T pay the workers, and because we're a "right to work" state which means they can fire people as they see fit with/without a reason. That "right to work" should be abolished...then again, people are too poor so they're busy working 5 jobs to pay the bills to have time to pay attention to these things too, & VOTE them down!

Old 12-07-2015, 10:16 AM

12,135 posts, read 16,128,302 times
Indeed. FL has never been a "give away the money" state and there is no reason to start.

CA and NY give away millions and millions of tax dollars to support liberal programs that get sucked dry by the high level employees while only a trickle gets to those that need it.

Quote:
Please feel free to keep your "open-minded and progressive" people out of Florida and stay in the Northeast or California.

Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida