Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-11-2015, 02:28 PM

10,223 posts, read 6,308,428 times

Advertisements

Our last Office Christmas Party. She knew my husband was retiring and moving back up North. Another 50 something woman (transplant from Ct.) was in on conversation but gave up early on.

This young woman was from Maine. Oh, our daughter went to college in Maine and we drove back and forth to NY for her games in the WINTER during Snowstorms. I LIKED Maine. Nice people and pretty place even in the WINTER. Silence.

How will your husband like shoveling SNOW? My husband hates MOWING GRASS. Will living in Florida prevent THAT? We live in a Development where he doesn't have to mow the grass. No Developments for Seniors up North where he won't have to shovel SNOW, Rake leaves, or MOW GRASS up North?

"You won't be able to go to the beach, pools, outside activites, etc., in the Winter up North". I can count on all 10 fingers the number of times I have done ANY of these, whether in Florida, or up North.

It went on and on to point that the other older woman started laughing. I finally said to this 30 something woman, "Look, I am double your age. I know what I like and DO NOT LIKE. We are not clones of one another, whatever our age". It is purely the choice of the INDIVIDUAL person", to which the 50 something woman from up North simply said, "AMEN", even though HER choice did not coincide with MY choice.

Well, this conversation just totally blew my mind with the younger generation.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-11-2015, 05:38 PM

1,285 posts, read 1,396,329 times
Well, your leaving. You hate it here so you should be happy. Instead you are mad because what some person that you will never see again said at a party.

Old 12-11-2015, 06:25 PM

24,396 posts, read 26,928,524 times
@Jo48

So, you are mad because someone from a younger generation generalized people your age/location, yet you just generalized the "younger generation" because of this one person?

"Well, this conversation just totally blew my mind with the younger generation."

There are so many hypocrites today that love to dish out so much, they don't realize how full of it they are themselves lol.

Old 12-11-2015, 06:27 PM
PDF

11,395 posts, read 13,408,064 times
Some people are so content with living in FL that they can't imagine why others would want to leave. It baffles me.

Old 12-11-2015, 07:49 PM

301 posts, read 368,258 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Joey Falcon View Post
Well, your leaving. You hate it here so you should be happy. Instead you are mad because what some person that you will never see again said at a party.
Agreed Joey --- I say Good Riddance!

Old 12-11-2015, 09:57 PM

3,848 posts, read 9,318,831 times
What's the purpose of this thread?

Old 12-12-2015, 07:16 AM

12,016 posts, read 12,744,120 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jo48 View Post
Our last Office Christmas Party. She knew my husband was retiring and moving back up North. Another 50 something woman (transplant from Ct.) was in on conversation but gave up early on.

This young woman was from Maine. Oh, our daughter went to college in Maine and we drove back and forth to NY for her games in the WINTER during Snowstorms. I LIKED Maine. Nice people and pretty place even in the WINTER. Silence.

How will your husband like shoveling SNOW? My husband hates MOWING GRASS. Will living in Florida prevent THAT? We live in a Development where he doesn't have to mow the grass. No Developments for Seniors up North where he won't have to shovel SNOW, Rake leaves, or MOW GRASS up North?

"You won't be able to go to the beach, pools, outside activites, etc., in the Winter up North". I can count on all 10 fingers the number of times I have done ANY of these, whether in Florida, or up North.

It went on and on to point that the other older woman started laughing. I finally said to this 30 something woman, "Look, I am double your age. I know what I like and DO NOT LIKE. We are not clones of one another, whatever our age". It is purely the choice of the INDIVIDUAL person", to which the 50 something woman from up North simply said, "AMEN", even though HER choice did not coincide with MY choice.

Well, this conversation just totally blew my mind with the younger generation.
Sounds like she didn't want you to leave and you took what she said as an insult.

Old 12-12-2015, 07:18 AM

12,016 posts, read 12,744,120 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PDF View Post
Some people are so content with living in FL that they can't imagine why others would want to leave. It baffles me.
It baffles me why people would be offended because someone tries to point out all the good things about Florida. You don't have to be a diva about it, just say you like someplace else better and the weather and everything else doesn't convince you to stay.

Old 12-12-2015, 07:23 AM

5,020 posts, read 7,443,197 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by so954 View Post
It baffles me why people would be offended because someone tries to point out all the good things about Florida. You don't have to be a diva about it, just say you like someplace else better and the weather and everything else doesn't convince you to stay.
I agree but at the same time it's so rude when people try to shove their opinions down your throat.

Old 12-12-2015, 07:27 AM

23,795 posts, read 13,249,351 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Coconut1 View Post
What's the purpose of this thread?
It goes into the "people who feel the need to tell people how much they dislike Florida" circular file.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida
View detailed profiles of: