Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-04-2008, 04:56 PM

2 posts, read 4,115 times

Advertisements

Can anyone help me find a small town on the coast (either) of Florida?

Looking for something low key, laid back, not pretentious (South Beach) or too expensive or overcrowded. I have lived in Ft. Lauderdale but do not like it too much (Hollywood is nice). I have liked in the past places like Rincon, Puerto Rico, Martha's Vineyard, Seattle, WA and Portland, OR. The people are down to earth and there is a sense of community. Cheaper is better.I am a 42 year female, single, presently living in New York City and do not like the darkness and cold weather. Initially, I will work in a restaurant, perhaps as a manager or bookkeeper while I work on an internet business. I may just go down for a month or two to check it out.

Would any of these (or any other cities) be a match?:
St. Augustine
Naples
Vero Beach
Sebastian
Gainesville
Cocoa Beach
Smyrna Beach
Ormond by the Sea

Thank you for any advice you can provide!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-04-2008, 05:35 PM

8,893 posts, read 4,547,618 times
I live in Rockledge, between Melbourne and Titusville which is called the Space Coast. Moved here form So Fl and love it. It is a small town, I find that the people here are much more laid back and nicer. Cocoa Beach is not far and if you are in the restaurant business there are plenty aound here. Sebastian is very nice area but not much to do, seems kind of a sleepy town. Try checking out craigs list for housing to give you some idea of rents. Good luck.

Old 02-04-2008, 06:21 PM

440 posts, read 2,428,156 times
May we suggest a visit to the Northwest Florida coast.
Beaches of South Walton (http://www.beachesofsouthwalton.com/restaurants_search.asp - broken link)

Old 02-04-2008, 08:12 PM

7,511 posts, read 22,947,853 times
You should check out North Port in SWFL. It's south of Sarasota and north of Ft Myers. The housing is very reasonable. I just sold a 3/2/2 built in 2003 with high ceilings, walk-in shower, garden tub, fenced yard, very nice neighborhood for $130,000. You could probably rent something like that out for around $900. North Port has some of the most reasonable priced property from Tampa to Naples.

We are about 25 minutes to the beaches, it's a growing town, but for any nightlife you would have to travel about 35-40 minutes away to Ft Myers or Sarasota.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida