Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-27-2015, 06:21 PM

138 posts, read 153,204 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spring Hillian View Post
We also have plenty of flotsam and jetsam from the Caribbean who have turned U.S. cities into 3rd world ghettos full of sponges and parasites living on the U.S. dole. They've ruined a whole lot more than sunsets.
Says the guy from Spring Hill , White Trash/Meth head capital of Florida .

https://hernandoheckler.wordpress.co...o-spring-hill/
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-27-2015, 07:20 PM

5,425 posts, read 3,488,609 times
I moved to Orlando in 1996, loved it! I moved to Cocoa Beach in 2002, loved it! I moved to Miami in 2015, love, love love it!!!

Old 12-27-2015, 08:13 PM

138 posts, read 153,204 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SanyBelle View Post
I moved to Orlando in 1996, loved it! I moved to Cocoa Beach in 2002, loved it! I moved to Miami in 2015, love, love love it!!!
I see that you have avoided the West Coast of FL, stay on that path till you turn at least 65

Old 12-27-2015, 11:52 PM

2,232 posts, read 2,117,963 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PDF View Post
It might be good for retired people. But even the most pro-Florida people know that cheap homes, "warm" weather, more space, and laid back comes at a price. Florida is not some paradise or utopia.
No place is. Florida is closer to utopia than most states are, in my opinion at least.

Old 12-28-2015, 01:05 AM

35,309 posts, read 52,292,554 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CaribbeanPapi View Post

Entertaining blog but in no way reflects the reality of SpringHill, delving into the authors other blogs brings forth a plethora of insanity..

Old 12-28-2015, 08:57 AM

12,135 posts, read 16,124,405 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CaribbeanPapi View Post

If you get your news, ofd even if you read the Hernando Heckler you are beyond help. Sounds like you're another one of those who have been here. Try doing a little research from real sources of information.

Old 12-28-2015, 10:34 AM

699 posts, read 610,742 times
Take it someone who moved to SE Florida from Southern California, Southern California isn't anything special.

Los Angeles is huge, a lot of variety there but it has serious traffic issues. You will pretty much end up spending 99% of your time in one small area. So pick it wisely. Do you like Santa Monica? What about Venice Beach? Or West Hollywood. Either way, no area of LA does as much for me as South Beach does here in Miami.

OC is boring. Let's move on.

That leaves San Diego, which is quite frankly only a little better than OC. Gaslamp is nice, so is PB, so is OB, and so is having Mexico right there. But all my time I spent in San Diego, I felt I was missing something. I felt what I was missing when I took a vacation in Miami, and as a result I moved here.

It should be stated both southern California and Miami sell themselves as fun places for singles to live on the beach, party and enjoy warm weather and sunshine year-round. But that's not really true for southern California. The late call is 2am, the party vibe is a noticeable notch down from Miami whether you're in LA or San Diego. Mexico is a sleazy place and requires waiting to cross the border upon re-entry. Not something you do every weekend. And then there is the weather ... 60s and 70s everyday is nice but not beach weather. I hardly used the beach when I lived in a apartment facing the Pacific in San Diego. In Miami Beach I use it everyday. Right now in Miami it's 80s/70s in December, in San Diego it will be 60s/40s everyday in December minus some "hot" weather when it becomes 70s/50s [still not beach weather imo]. Did I say the Pacific is cold?

Also I think people underestimate how cheap Southern California is to rent. You can rent a 2bdroom in San Diego - ocean view - for 1400$ a month in some neighborhoods [like OB]. In fact I'd say rent in San Diego is cheaper than here in Miami. LA is a different fish all together, but then I feel rent is comparable unless you're living west of the 95 here in Miami.

Ofc, real estate all over California is about 50% more per sqft, so when it comes to buying a home, you'll need to save more. On the flipside, salaries are higher, sometimes by nearly double in fields like Tech.

As far as I'm concerned, only California city I'd consider a move to is San Francisco.

Old 12-28-2015, 11:09 AM

2,232 posts, read 2,117,963 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BNBR View Post
He calls everyone an immigrant. I was born in Hollywood and been here my whole life. Apparently I just moved here and nobody can afford to live in Jupiter or something..... he just kind of makes stuff up as he goes along. It is kind of amazing he hasn't been banned yet. I'll start reporting his nonsense also, maybe enough reports piling up...
I just ignored him for the past couple of months because I mistakenly had faith in the moderators to keep such people out of our threads. I didn't think he would last this long without getting banned myself. Clearly the Florida moderators are letting him fester so other mods need to be notified.

Old 12-28-2015, 11:21 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by so954 View Post
I love it here, been here 7 and a half years and wouldn't want to live anywhere else.
Ive been here 27+ years. I wouldn't live any where else either. FL ha everything I want or need.

The people who eek out a living doing crappy jobs, living in crappy areas are the people who complain about life here.

Old 12-28-2015, 11:53 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Happiness-is-close View Post
So a friend of your enemy is an enemy as well?

I know countless immigrants, both legal and illegal.. I can't speak for your own experiences with them, but all the ones I know have enriched my life and our nations economy. Reading your own posts it is obvious that you as well post racist, untrue lies about not just illegal migrants but legal ones as well. Puerto Ricans (who are NOT immigrants, but US citizens like you and I) seem to be one of your favorite targets.

All I can say is, and this is related to the thread topic, Florida attracts a lot of people because most Floridians are more pleasant than the ones who post on City-Data!
There is never a shortage of ignoramuses here for who the only purpose to post here is to sow discord on the Internet by starting arguments or upsetting people by posting inflammatory, extraneous, or off-topic messages in an online community with the deliberate intent of provoking readers into an emotional response or of otherwise disrupting normal on-topic discussion for their own amusement.

That is the definition of an "internet troll". I think it is some type of mental unbalance caused by being stuck in a life of mediocrity and general unhappiness in their lives. I have little doubt that those who earn the "Not A Member" tag simply come back with a new screen name and continue their mission to be the best internet troll as possible. The Florida forum seems to have an endless supply of these people who justify their nonsense as it being their "opinion".

I have found that it is best to put these posters on my "ignore list" as soon as possible. The only problem with that is their vile trash postings get quoted by others replying to them thus, feeding the troll.

I am very surprised that they are permitted to continue as members of the forum.

Then we have those who left the state since they had problems adjusting or simply realized they made a large and costly mistake and remain in the group to release their frustrations by blaming their failure on an inanimate target, i.e. the State of Florida and the people who do live here.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida