Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-03-2016, 01:57 PM

1,748 posts, read 2,178,685 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Farfromhere View Post
No the bugs in Hawaii is bubblegum compared to FL. Lol. We have alot of geckos and mongooses take care of the occasional garden snake. Temps there are never humid, swampy, or sweat drenching but FL is swamp and Marsh so I understand the bug problem
Schools in Hawaii actually had a dress code. In Nassau they have good A+ schools where in Hawaii it was kill haole day once a week. I went to Washington intermediate in Honolulu and then leilehua high school. Both had dress codes but alot of controversy between Samoans and white folks.

I've never been further then Nassau. So applying these thread to all of Florida isn't what I'm doing. Just where I've been.

Burger King and Walmart's are always hiring. I was referring to good paying jobs families could live off of comfortably.
HI has centipedes, those are worse than anything FL has. HI is in the tropics; I hear people keep chickens on their properties because they go after the centipedes.

Bugs in Hawaii – The Bad News! – Living in Hawaii – Moving to Oahu, Maui, Kauai, Big Island
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-03-2016, 02:12 PM

2,790 posts, read 6,132,801 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Trigger-f View Post
HI has centipedes, those are worse than anything FL has. HI is in the tropics; I hear people keep chickens on their properties because they go after the centipedes.

Bugs in Hawaii – The Bad News! – Living in Hawaii – Moving to Oahu, Maui, Kauai, Big Island
Hate to tell you this, but Florida has centipedes too!

Old 01-03-2016, 02:45 PM

1,748 posts, read 2,178,685 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by popcorn247 View Post
Hate to tell you this, but Florida has centipedes too!
Much smaller in FL.. the ones you find in FL are 25-38mm.. the ones in HI are several inches long..

http://cdn.orkin.com/images/centiped...ss_488x326.jpg

Old 01-03-2016, 03:02 PM

138 posts, read 153,471 times
IMO and personal experience,outside of South East FL, the rest of the State is unlivable to me, and should be it's own separate State.

Old 01-03-2016, 03:19 PM

1,285 posts, read 1,399,523 times
^ LOL. SE Fla is the worst part of the state.

12,135 posts, read 16,148,559 times
Its all a matter of being skilled or unskilled, educated or not. If you are earning $10-12 an hour that simply means you have no skills or education beyond 8th grade levels. The $10-12 an hour people are working in fast food, working as ride operators, housekeepers at hotels, security guards, starting out in a call center, fry cooks in restaurants and other jobs where no skills or knowledge about the work is needed.

I can never understand why people move to anywhere without knowing about weather, climate, salaries in the field they work in, population densities, infrastructure, cost of electricity, car insurance, recreational choices or other factors that must be considered before leaving your current location.

None of the required information is secret or hidden.

What I find most humorous is that people who relocate without knowing about an area or, worse yet, never visit the area are always those people who set themselves up for failure and once they do fail blame a entire state for their lack of ability.

Who knew FL was in a tropical/sub tropical climate, has a large population of various insects, reptiles and other animal life suited for the climate? It seems to always become a surprise to people. Who knew
the median home value in Florida is $180,700.00 and that there are wide swings in that amount depending on where in the state you choose to live? Who knew the average salary for their job in the U.S. and what the going rate is in the area you want to relocate to?

From what I regularly see here on C-D most people seem to miss finding out the answers to these questions and once they are here, and fail, blame a state with 20 million residents (the 3rd most populous in the US) for their situations.

For those people - I warn you - you are going to have a miserable time in your future no matter where you are.

4,490 posts, read 3,933,269 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BNBR View Post
Absolutely obnoxious thread with not a shred of fact.
Google "Florida Bugs" and this is what you get.......

My thoughts about florida. People looking to relocate READ-download.jpg

Old 01-03-2016, 03:22 PM

2,360 posts, read 5,250,733 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Farfromhere View Post
Happiness. Even with cnas I believe they make 8-9 an hour? Ma make what? 11 an hour? Home health, less then that. And that's in the medical field...

I'm not sure what your so defensive about. My post is 100% honest and to the point. I'm sorry your offended by that. I, in no way out Hawaii on a pedestal next to Florida. Someone compared the bugs, and in an honest statement... Having lived there. I stated the difference.

Your welcome Ken. hope it helps.
I lived there for ten years. I know exactly what your talking about.

Old 01-03-2016, 03:33 PM

138 posts, read 153,471 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spring Hillian View Post
Its all a matter of being skilled or unskilled, educated or not. If you are earning $10-12 an hour that simply means you have no skills or education beyond 8th grade levels. The $10-12 an hour people are working in fast food, working as ride operators, housekeepers at hotels, security guards, starting out in a call center, fry cooks in restaurants and other jobs where no skills or knowledge about the work is needed.

I can never understand why people move to anywhere without knowing about weather, climate, salaries in the field they work in, population densities, infrastructure, cost of electricity, car insurance, recreational choices or other factors that must be considered before leaving your current location.

None of the required information is secret or hidden.

What I find most humorous is that people who relocate without knowing about an area or, worse yet, never visit the area are always those people who set themselves up for failure and once they do fail blame a entire state for their lack of ability.

Who knew FL was in a tropical/sub tropical climate, has a large population of various insects, reptiles and other animal life suited for the climate? It seems to always become a surprise to people. Who knew
the median home value in Florida is $180,700.00 and that there are wide swings in that amount depending on where in the state you choose to live? Who knew the average salary for their job in the U.S. and what the going rate is in the area you want to relocate to?

From what I regularly see here on C-D most people seem to miss finding out the answers to these questions and once they are here, and fail, blame a state with 20 million residents (the 3rd most populous in the US) for their situations.

For those people - I warn you - you are going to have a miserable time in your future no matter where you are.
Even the most skilled professionals get paid low wages in FL:

Florida: Low Wage Nation 2015 | Job Gap
Florida's low-wage jobs nothing to brag about - Sun Sentinel
Where Wages Are Lowest and Highest in America

Old 01-03-2016, 03:43 PM

1,285 posts, read 1,399,523 times
If papi's really all that, why doesn't he move to another part of Florida?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida