Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: What "mindscape" is New Florida most like?
Wild West 2 2.41%
Heartland 2 2.41%
Dixie 13 15.66%
Yankeedom 11 13.25%
Cuba 0 0%
Meh, it's just Florida 55 66.27%
Voters: 83. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 04-30-2016, 06:21 PM

8,963 posts, read 8,918,308 times

Advertisements

It depends on where in FL you are. In some parts its southern,cans others it's not. It's not really that hard to comprehend or understand.

Old 05-01-2016, 06:31 PM

7,733 posts, read 6,462,510 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Happiness-is-close View Post
I just report him. You can't barge into another states forum all the time to annoy the posters there.
No one's annoyed but you. I can post in whatever forum I want, especially one of the state I grew up in.

Old 05-01-2016, 09:18 PM

2,232 posts, read 2,118,662 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BadgerFilms View Post
No one's annoyed but you. I can post in whatever forum I want, especially one of the state I grew up in.
The state you no longer live in and the state you never plan on living in again. You have no say here. Your opinion on anything culturally related to Florida is null. Go back to Texas.

Old 05-03-2016, 01:39 PM

9,818 posts, read 7,933,624 times
Quote:
Florida is layered on top of an American culture, not a "southern" culture. And regions and areas do change over time. Florida's panhandle was vastly unpopulated even just a century ago. Sorry, but it isn't layered on top of "Southern". It was up for grabs and the North and Carribean got it. By your same measure Florida could still be called Carribean, or "Spanish" because Spain owned it and colonized it before the south did.
What you don't know about your 'supposed' home State could fill a Library. Although you are in total denial on SO many levels, thankfully you simply can not rewrite history.

Old 05-03-2016, 02:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JMatl View Post
What you don't know about your 'supposed' home State could fill a Library. Although you are in total denial on SO many levels, thankfully you simply can not rewrite history.
Florida born and raised. I'll raise my own family here too someday.

You wish your filthy city Atlanta had the diversity and cosmopolitan feel that Florida does. Most of Atlantas transplants are white people from the rural south and black people from the urban north. That is why Atlanta is still so Southern, though it loves to think it is the same as Florida or Texas cities. Go hang out under a confederate monument or something.

Old 05-03-2016, 02:50 PM

Quote:

You wish your filthy city Atlanta had the diversity and cosmopolitan feel that Florida does. Most of Atlantas transplants are white people from the rural south and black people from the urban north. That is why Atlanta is still so Southern, though it loves to think it is the same as Florida or Texas cities. Go hang out under a confederate monument or something.
Struck a nerve I see. A even more delusional one than normal, at that.

Just because you couldn't hack it here - twice - there is no need to stoop to bald-faced lies to further your pathetic anti-Atlanta/anti-everything you perceive to be Southern agenda.

Old 05-03-2016, 03:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JMatl View Post
Struck a nerve I see. A even more delusional one than normal, at that.

Just because you couldn't hack it here - twice - there is no need to stoop to bald-faced lies to further your pathetic anti-Atlanta/anti-everything you perceive to be Southern agenda.
Ah! But most people don't thrive in Atlanta, because Atlanta has a crap economy. I'll show you Atlantans later on your forum of the terrible economy Atlanta still has and has had for the better of two decades now. I would advise anyone to avoid Atlanta at all cost because most people who move there without work lined up can expect to fall into endless unemployment. Most people realize this now though and avoid Atlanta. It isn't a place to build a life.

Old 05-03-2016, 03:51 PM

Quote:

This is wrong. You obviously don't know anything about Atlanta. Do you know where most transplants moving to Atlanta come from? Do you know how many people from FL move there? Who says Atlanta wants to be like FL? Is that a joke?

Old 05-03-2016, 03:53 PM

Quote:
Ah! But most people don't thrive in Atlanta, because Atlanta has a crap economy. I'll show you Atlantans later on your forum of the terrible economy Atlanta still has and has had for the better of two decades now. I would advise anyone to avoid Atlanta at all cost because most people who move there without work lined up can expect to fall into endless unemployment. Most people realize this now though and avoid Atlanta. It isn't a place to build a life.
Wrong again. Come on man, say your opinion but the last two things u have said about Atlanta is wrong on all levels.

Old 05-03-2016, 04:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by StreetSmarts View Post
Wrong again. Come on man, say your opinion but the last two things u have said about Atlanta is wrong on all levels.
He does it constantly, all over the forum.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida