Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-10-2016, 09:10 AM
PDF

11,395 posts, read 13,409,287 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Majami View Post
There is something weird about your psychology about having to ruin someone's parade. We get it, you don't like Florida's weather. Unfortunately for you, many millions do. And Florida gets bigger at a staggering rate.

I suggest just accept it and move on.
I do not think you are the best one to be dishing out that kind of advice. I guess you hit a cold hard facts ceiling.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-10-2016, 09:11 AM

3,440 posts, read 2,525,090 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nancy in Nokomis View Post
Love the sunny days - almost every day - love the daily tropical downpour in the summer every afternoon and then 10 minutes later sunny again. Florida housing cheap and spacious - lanais, pools, tropical gardens - 5 minutes - I can walk on the beach any day if I want -

Miss the fall season with bright leaves until I have to break my back raking them - and the winter season snow - only miss the snow on the first 2 days - after that it turns black with car exhaust and the sky is dreary and grey - do not miss the long grey NJ days - Feb. is the worst -
I hear ya I've found that as I've gotten older, the cold and colorless days of winter seem to hit me harder every year. I dread the onset of winter that begins in October as the leaves fall and colors fade away until April or so when the spring rains subside and we can get outdoors again. Although this winter has been mild, one thing I've learned in my lifetime living in New England is, the only thing predictable about the weather here is, it's unpredictable. A little over a year to go before our move south.

Old 03-10-2016, 09:30 AM

892 posts, read 859,006 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PDF View Post
I do not think you are the best one to be dishing out that kind of advice. I guess you hit a cold hard facts ceiling.
What are you talking about?

Old 03-10-2016, 09:33 AM

12,135 posts, read 16,119,427 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PDF View Post
Not so much when you get that for 7-8 months straight, and about 10-15 degrees higher.

Just a matter of opinion.

Old 03-10-2016, 09:39 AM

499 posts, read 585,931 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by snowtired14 View Post
I hear ya I've found that as I've gotten older, the cold and colorless days of winter seem to hit me harder every year. I dread the onset of winter that begins in October as the leaves fall and colors fade away until April or so when the spring rains subside and we can get outdoors again. Although this winter has been mild, one thing I've learned in my lifetime living in New England is, the only thing predictable about the weather here is, it's unpredictable. A little over a year to go before our move south.
I see you're from CT - we left there and relocated to FL in May. Hated the grey dreariness that takes over from Oct - May every year. We love it so much here! Best move we ever made. I facechat with my mom a lot and it'll be dark out in CT and here it still bright and sunny at like 6:15 - 6:30 pm. So much to love about Florida!

Old 03-10-2016, 09:46 AM

1,886 posts, read 1,837,847 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by snowtired14 View Post

Exactly how I feel too......it really does get harder each year to take the winters! Yuck!

Old 03-10-2016, 09:47 AM

Quote:
There is something weird about your psychology about having to ruin someone's parade. We get it, you don't like Florida's weather. Unfortunately for you, many millions do. And Florida gets bigger at a staggering rate.

I suggest just accept it and move on.
Some people need to constantly try to justify their situation.

Old 03-10-2016, 09:49 AM

Quote:
What are you talking about?
Don't give PDF any attention---it's pointless to try to figure out someone like that. That person is entitled to their opinion on something but obviously it wasn't needed in this case. If that person does not like the warmth all the time then move. So silly to be a Debbie Downer.

Old 03-10-2016, 09:51 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CindyRoos View Post
Don't give PDF any attention---it's pointless to try to figure out someone like that. That person is entitled to their opinion on something but obviously it wasn't needed in this case. If that person does not like the warmth all the time then move. So silly to be a Debbie Downer.
He did move. Just trying to convince himself how great it is there.

Old 03-10-2016, 09:55 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by FromCTtoFL View Post
I see you're from CT - we left there and relocated to FL in May. Hated the grey dreariness that takes over from Oct - May every year. We love it so much here! Best move we ever made. I facechat with my mom a lot and it'll be dark out in CT and here it still bright and sunny at like 6:15 - 6:30 pm. So much to love about Florida!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida