Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-26-2016, 11:38 PM

11,025 posts, read 7,829,996 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tamika929 View Post
crime is always up in florida because so many people move to florida every single day.
In order for your statement to be valid the criminal element of those moving in would need to be higher than the criminal element for the preexisting population. Is that your contention?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-27-2016, 01:13 AM

9,569 posts, read 5,616,686 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by eqttrdr View Post
Where in the state would be best if your only criteria is:

Live furthest away from any high crime area in all directions... (violent or non-violent)

What spot on the map would this be if plotted? and no the Everglades does not count..LOL
Well the EverGlades will protect you from "non Human Violence".

Old 02-27-2016, 04:49 AM

35,309 posts, read 52,269,210 times
Problem with topics like this one is what if the consensus is to guide you to a particular "Safe" place then you actually move there and then get robbed/mugged/shot the first day you are there?. OP is basically asking us to guarantee them a "Safe" place to live. IMO Not possible to give such definite recommendations.
I suppose if you want to live in a gated community that has heavily armed security your safe factor maybe improved but what if one of those heavily armed guards goes postal?=
Doing a Google search under "guard-gated communities", comes up with a few options=
https://www.google.ca/#q=guard+gated...ies+in+florida

Last edited by jambo101; 02-27-2016 at 05:05 AM..

Old 02-27-2016, 06:15 AM

5,020 posts, read 7,443,197 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jambo101 View Post
Problem with topics like this one is what if the consensus is to guide you to a particular "Safe" place then you actually move there and then get robbed/mugged/shot the first day you are there?. OP is basically asking us to guarantee them a "Safe" place to live. IMO Not possible to give such definite recommendations.
I suppose if you want to live in a gated community that has heavily armed security your safe factor maybe improved but what if one of those heavily armed guards goes postal?=
Doing a Google search under "guard-gated communities", comes up with a few options=
https://www.google.ca/#q=guard+gated...ies+in+florida
Well said. It will never cease to amaze me how people think living in a gated community prevents any crime from happening.

Old 02-27-2016, 07:54 AM

499 posts, read 585,876 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cfbs2691 View Post
Well said. It will never cease to amaze me how people think living in a gated community prevents any crime from happening.
I was just thinking about that yesterday - the whole "gated community" is not all its cracked up to be and offers a false sense of security. When I was initially moving here from out of state, we wanted a gated community b/c we knew nothing about the area. Now that we're moving onto our next place and I'm more comfortable here, I see it doesn't really matter all that much. May decrease traffic some, but doesn't really protect you from crime.

Old 02-27-2016, 08:08 AM

39 posts, read 62,210 times
I moved to Parkland, in Broward county, from NJ in summer of 2014. I was concerned about crime in Florida because we were moving from a very safe area in Manalapan NJ. I couldn't feel safer and couldn't have made a better choice in areas. Parkland has been voted the safest city in Florida for a number of years. It's so safe that I feel comfortable letting my kids walk, and bike alone around the area, to the park as well. We happen to live in a gated community in West Parkland, but much of Parkland has ungated communities as well. Even without a gated community in Parkland, there is very little need to worry about crime.

***MOD CUT***

Last edited by doggiebus; 02-27-2016 at 08:55 PM.. Reason: Realtor Advertising

Old 02-27-2016, 08:48 AM

35,309 posts, read 52,269,210 times
Parkland? Safest city in Florida? Think this will pass our ops need for safety?=

https://www.google.ca/#q=Parkland%2C...+county..crime

Last edited by jambo101; 02-27-2016 at 09:16 AM..

Old 02-27-2016, 04:55 PM

20,021 posts, read 20,822,731 times
Florida is very integrated, meaning that any zip has a "good" area and a "bad" area.
It's not so cut and dry like other places where you have a relatively safe city or town or region or the opposite where you have bad cities, towns, or regions.
This causes there to be more of a crime over flow. You may live within an area that is considered "safe" but 2 blocks in any direction could be a "hood" and the bad element has an easy time just strolling a few blocks over to steal your wheels or rob your house or whatever.

Old 02-28-2016, 09:24 PM

8,069 posts, read 6,964,690 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by eqttrdr View Post
Where in the state would be best if your only criteria is:

Live furthest away from any high crime area in all directions... (violent or non-violent)

What spot on the map would this be if plotted? and no the Everglades does not count..LOL
Why do you need to be so far away from crime? That doesn't make much sense to me

IMO the safest area here is Naples. They are still like an hour away from Ft Myers and Lehigh Acres.

Old 02-29-2016, 06:19 PM

1,615 posts, read 2,139,759 times
How does not being in a high crime area matter when your neighbor can decide to put a shooting range in their yard, where the bullets are flying toward your house? A girl was shot by a neighbor while sitting in her own house and the neighbors lawyer noted the neighbor did nothing illegal when he shot the girl.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida