Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-10-2016, 09:54 AM

12,135 posts, read 16,126,258 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by jwolfer View Post
Its how cheese starts out, little chunks like in cottage cheese. They take the curds and press them together into blocks or big cheese wheels. My Uncle Jim is from Appleton, WI but has lived in Jacksonville for 45 years. He was stationed here in Jax with the Navy and met my aunt, he has not gone back. They used to bring cheese curds back for a friend when they went to visit my Uncle Jims folks. One year their friend had a heart attack so he could not eat them... so I ended up with a bunch. I really liked them, I had no idea what they were before that.
Thanks for the explanation. Thats how "tofu" is made. Bean curds though.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-10-2016, 10:59 AM

5,187 posts, read 6,941,124 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CindyRoos View Post
You're welcome.
and yes, I love to say "Welcome to Wisconsin, come smell our Dairy Air" LOLOLOLOL

Florida's might be "See you later alligator, see you in a while crocodile"

True fact: The Everglades National Park is the only place in the world where alligators and crocodiles cohabitate. There are other places where one has alligators but not crocodiles and vice versa but not both. One reason is one part of the Everglades is salt water which the crocodiles adhere to and fresh water area for the alligators.

True fact: South-Miami Dade is the only place in the U.S. where two national parks exist close to each other, Everglades National Park and Biscayne National Park.

Last edited by perry335654; 03-10-2016 at 11:12 AM..

Old 03-10-2016, 11:36 AM

1,886 posts, read 1,839,146 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by perry335654 View Post
Florida's might be "See you later alligator, see you in a while crocodile"

True fact: The Everglades National Park is the only place in the world where alligators and crocodiles cohabitate. There are other places where one has alligators but not crocodiles and vice versa but not both. One reason is one part of the Everglades is salt water which the crocodiles adhere to and fresh water area for the alligators.

True fact: South-Miami Dade is the only place in the U.S. where two national parks exist close to each other, Everglades National Park and Biscayne National Park.
thanks for the info

Old 03-10-2016, 06:45 PM

5,187 posts, read 6,941,124 times
So Cindy when are you and your husband planning to move ? It is incredible to me how many people move to the Sunshine State on an average daily basis. If people are as nice and pleasant as you I welcome more people from the Dairy State and the
mid-west

Old 03-10-2016, 07:09 PM

Quote:
So Cindy when are you and your husband planning to move ? It is incredible to me how many people move to the Sunshine State on an average daily basis. If people are as nice and pleasant as you I welcome more people from the Dairy State and the
mid-west
Awwww, Thanks so much!!!
I'm hoping we get to move there by May of 2018 if not sooner!

Old 03-11-2016, 07:07 AM

1,437 posts, read 2,572,193 times
Quote:
mid-west
Everyone I ever met from Wisconsin has been nice and usually fun to hang out with

Old 03-11-2016, 07:37 AM

499 posts, read 586,333 times
Quote:
mid-west
Agreed! You seem like such a wonderful person. Florida needs more people like you. Too bad you're not moving to South Florida

Old 03-11-2016, 08:43 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jwolfer View Post
Everyone I ever met from Wisconsin has been nice and usually fun to hang out with

Old 03-11-2016, 08:47 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by FromCTtoFL View Post
Agreed! You seem like such a wonderful person. Florida needs more people like you. Too bad you're not moving to South Florida
I will be moving to Southwest Florida
I see you live in Wellington, FL--the East Coast.
Either way, we'll be in the same state so we will have to get together once I move to Florida ok?
I bet it would be a blast!!
I have been wanting to move to Florida for a very veryyyyyyy long time. Just have to raise this last child and make sure he graduates from H.S. then this Dairy State girl can get the heck outta here! LOL

Old 03-21-2016, 02:25 PM

Hope you are all doing well.....!!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida