Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-01-2016, 07:11 AM

15,218 posts, read 10,308,852 times

Advertisements

Fort Myers - not sure I would choose this particular part of Florida if my family hadn't moved down here in 1960 although I love my community here. We lived in Port Orange for a year and loved it with the exception of the heavy tourism during Spring Break, Bike Week and the Daytona 500. It was also a little cooler during the winter and early spring. We considered Orlando but found since it is the middle of the state it wasn't getting much in the way of ocean breezes and was hotter than Fort Myers. I haven't lived in the Panhandle so I can't say much about it although the beach is supposed to be beautiful.

I visited family in Boca Raton a few years ago and was blown away by the beautiful beach there, the water was so crystal clear there. The Gulf Coast in SW Florida doesn't have the nicest water due to the water releases from Lake Okeechobee but many people love Sanibel and Captiva.

Overall while I would not pick Fort Myers if I was considering moving to Florida, since I lived here on and off for many years and most of my family is here it is where I will probably stay.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-01-2016, 07:49 AM

Location: Finally the house is done and we are in Port St. Lucie!
3,487 posts, read 3,337,447 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CindyRoos View Post
Hi Robino1!
Thanks for joining and telling us your story
This site has allot of information to mull over Just avoid getting riled up if someone acts nasty or negative--sometimes it happens so best to avoid them Ha!
My spouse is a freezie cat and we can't wait to get the sunshine state! Right now, here in Wisconsin it is going to be a high of 50 today and it's almost May!! Ughhhhhhhh
We also love heat and humidity!
It would be exciting to build your own house wouldn't it?
Oh don't worry about the negative. Every forum has their share of disagreeable people. Makes life interesting at times. As long as we don't engage, things move along.

Thank you for the welcome!

Old 05-01-2016, 09:15 AM

1,886 posts, read 1,838,742 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by robino1 View Post
oh don't worry about the negative. Every forum has their share of disagreeable people. Makes life interesting at times. As long as we don't engage, things move along.

thank you for the welcome!
:d:d:d

Old 05-01-2016, 02:58 PM

296 posts, read 319,267 times
That is for sure robino....if I'd believed what some on here said I would have never moved here...how everyone is a jerk or rude, etc....We've not really met one jerkwad yet, in fact pretty much everyone has been very nice and friendly.

Old 05-01-2016, 04:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jetdoc3037 View Post
That is for sure robino....if I'd believed what some on here said I would have never moved here...how everyone is a jerk or rude, etc....We've not really met one jerkwad yet, in fact pretty much everyone has been very nice and friendly.
Every place has its moments. You can find jerks and uptight people everywhere. They are not contained to any certain area.

The first day here, we noticed a difference from the Philly area. People actually talked to us. By and large, we have found more friendliness than rudeness. LOL Philly, even though they tout themselves the 'City of Brotherly Love' is anything but.

It truly does depends on the area. I'm hoping the area that we found, to build our house, is friendlier than the small gated community where we currently rent. Granted, we are renters and everyone in this community knows this. I can see not vesting too much time in someone that will more than likely not be here long. Still...... it seems a bit... uppity (too strong a word?) in this particular community.

Anyway, forums are not much different.

Old 05-01-2016, 05:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Robino1 View Post
Every place has its moments. You can find jerks and uptight people everywhere. They are not contained to any certain area.

The first day here, we noticed a difference from the Philly area. People actually talked to us. By and large, we have found more friendliness than rudeness. LOL Philly, even though they tout themselves the 'City of Brotherly Love' is anything but.

It truly does depends on the area. I'm hoping the area that we found, to build our house, is friendlier than the small gated community where we currently rent. Granted, we are renters and everyone in this community knows this. I can see not vesting too much time in someone that will more than likely not be here long. Still...... it seems a bit... uppity (too strong a word?) in this particular community.

Anyway, forums are not much different.
Looking down their noses at 'renters' ehh? And a gated community to boot? Oh well their loss. BTW, I worked in Philly a few different times when I was with Usair, and used to come up via Chester, such a beautiful area, lol.

Old 05-01-2016, 06:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jetdoc3037 View Post
Looking down their noses at 'renters' ehh? And a gated community to boot? Oh well their loss. BTW, I worked in Philly a few different times when I was with Usair, and used to come up via Chester, such a beautiful area, lol.
Did you have rose colored glasses on going through Chester? Bwahahahahaha!

There are more beautiful places than Chester You have to go to the burbs to find them.

Old 05-01-2016, 06:12 PM

I was joking about Chester....its a horrible place, I thought. I seen homes like 15' from I95....its crazy.

Old 05-04-2016, 07:07 AM

5,390 posts, read 9,690,496 times
Miami because I was offered a job there 2 years ago. Moved down from Hollywood, FL.... which really wasn't all that of a massive change. . . . A bit of a change but nothing I didnt already know about.

Old 05-04-2016, 06:39 PM
TD*

1,695 posts, read 4,141,102 times
Tallahassee. I was born here, and its a great city.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida