Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-22-2016, 12:44 PM

29 posts, read 28,406 times

Advertisements

I'm trying to find any quiet, safe place in Florida to live, where they have strict laws against noise. Trying to avoid the boom car noise.

Right now, I live in L.A., & there's noise everywhere. People blasting their music, & I can feel everything vibrating. Also, I need a quiet area that has public transportation because I don't have a car. I'm disabled, on fixed income, & live on Section 8.

Thanks. I'm new here.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-22-2016, 02:44 PM

3,977 posts, read 8,166,773 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GrandC825 View Post
I'm trying to find any quiet, safe place in Florida to live, where they have strict laws against noise. Trying to avoid the boom car noise.

Right now, I live in L.A., & there's noise everywhere. People blasting their music, & I can feel everything vibrating. Also, I need a quiet area that has public transportation because I don't have a car. I'm disabled, on fixed income, & live on Section 8.

Thanks. I'm new here.
Don't think you will find it in Florida on a fixed income and getting section 8 living space. We have laws in most areas but anything goes pretty much between 7 or 8 AM and 10 or 11 PM in most areas. Cars still go by even in the middle of the night unless you are in an upscale guarded community. People play music in their yards and kids scream in the pools when having fun etc.

A small town might be a better spot but they do not have mass transit.

Old 03-22-2016, 02:53 PM
PDF

11,395 posts, read 13,408,064 times
Yeah you aren't going to find this in FL. It's no different than CA in this regard. And it's even harder if you need public transit. The places that would be recommended here are places you would need a car...and having fixed income + section 8 would make it even harder. I wouldn't risk the move.

Old 03-23-2016, 01:32 AM

35,309 posts, read 52,269,210 times
The only places you will find public transportation in Florida is in close proximity to urban centers where all the criteria you are seeking to flee from abound.

Old 03-23-2016, 06:29 AM

27,163 posts, read 43,847,941 times
Quote:

Thanks. I'm new here.
Check out smaller towns like Vero Beach and Satellite Beach on the Atlantic side or places like Englewood on the Gulf side which have a tendency toward safe/quieter largely along with transit and in some instances even walkable to grocery stores, etc.

Old 03-23-2016, 06:29 AM

174 posts, read 207,155 times
Quote:

Thanks. I'm new here.
look up jupiter island florida and amelia island florida.

Old 03-23-2016, 07:06 AM

5,020 posts, read 7,443,197 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tamika929 View Post
look up jupiter island florida and amelia island florida.
Jupiter Island is crazy expensive

Old 03-23-2016, 08:15 AM

892 posts, read 858,874 times
There are many more options besides Jupiter Island for peace and quiet, in fact I feel Jupiter itself (which is a cheap area) is very quiet herself. My ex used to live in Jupiter, most businesses shut down at 10pm, during the daytime it's still quiet.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida