Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-11-2016, 10:04 AM

1,886 posts, read 1,838,742 times

Advertisements

Is there any areas on the Gulf side from Crystal river down to Ft Myers that Do Not Have HOA's or Deed Restrictions? Or at least low HOA's with no unreasonable rules?
The reason why I ask is that when we do move down there, we have 4 vehicles (two are classic) and we want enough room for them to be in a garage with no crazy rules about parking them outside overnight if we need to or to work on them in our garage. We also do not want to be too close to neighbors but not out in the boonies. LOL
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-11-2016, 11:58 AM

9,742 posts, read 4,493,741 times
Most every town has non-deed restricted areas. I have heard all of Cape Coral has deed restrictions but not sure if that is true.

Old 04-11-2016, 01:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by vacoder View Post
Most every town has non-deed restricted areas. I have heard all of Cape Coral has deed restrictions but not sure if that is true.

Old 04-11-2016, 02:13 PM

10,599 posts, read 17,892,301 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CindyRoos View Post
Is there any areas on the Gulf side from Crystal river down to Ft Myers that Do Not Have HOA's or Deed Restrictions? Or at least low HOA's with no unreasonable rules?
The reason why I ask is that when we do move down there, we have 4 vehicles (two are classic) and we want enough room for them to be in a garage with no crazy rules about parking them outside overnight if we need to or to work on them in our garage. We also do not want to be too close to neighbors but not out in the boonies. LOL
Yes of course there are.

They aren't crazy rules.

HOA communities are for like minded people who accept that they're in close proximity to each other.

And no, "working on your cars" in the garage will often be prohibited.

So you're looking for a 4 car garage or you're just going to keep 3- 4 cars in your driveway?

You'll need to use a realtor if you can't come look here yourself.

Go on Trulia. It took me all of three seconds to search Ft Myers and click on a 3/2 for $187K 1500 SQ FT and 9000 SQ FT lot....not in an HOA in San Carlos Park area.

LOL the first one I clicked on and it was really nice, HUGE fenced yard and two "out buildings". With a pick up in the driveway.

But the garages here are not easily FOUR CAR. And often the driveways won't fit 4 cars.

Where I live there are large driveways in homes built in the 1970's through 1990s that can handle 4 to 6 cars/trucks. People keep all kinds of stuff outside like class A RVs, boats and other work related vehicles. IT'S FLORIDA. People do stuff.

Just not in HOAS unless the HOA has a separate area for them which some do offer.

Old 04-11-2016, 02:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by runswithscissors View Post
Yes of course there are.

They aren't crazy rules.

HOA communities are for like minded people who accept that they're in close proximity to each other.

And no, "working on your cars" in the garage will often be prohibited.

So you're looking for a 4 car garage or you're just going to keep 3- 4 cars in your driveway?

You'll need to use a realtor if you can't come look here yourself.

Go on Trulia. It took me all of three seconds to search Ft Myers and click on a 3/2 for $187K 1500 SQ FT and 9000 SQ FT lot....not in an HOA in San Carlos Park area.

LOL the first one I clicked on and it was really nice, HUGE fenced yard and two "out buildings". With a pick up in the driveway.

But the garages here are not easily FOUR CAR. And often the driveways won't fit 4 cars.

Where I live there are large driveways in homes built in the 1970's through 1990s that can handle 4 to 6 cars/trucks. People keep all kinds of stuff outside like class A RVs, boats and other work related vehicles. IT'S FLORIDA. People do stuff.

Just not in HOAS unless the HOA has a separate area for them which some do offer.
Hi runswithscissors! You always seem to have so much info and are so helpful to everyone!! I love it! Thank you!
My spouse and I have been researching Florida for at least a year now on Trulia and Zillow oh and also Realtor.com. I never really thought about the HOA stuff and deed restrictions until I came to this forum. Most homes seem to only have 2 to 3 car garages that I have seen. I do not want a home that has rules saying we can't have cars parked in the driveway overnight if we have guests. Anyway, I'm sure we will find something. I just wanted to get a feel for the rules in certain towns that we are looking at and how people have liked or disliked certain things. We are coming down in May to check out North Port and the surrounding areas.
Thanks again <3

Old 04-11-2016, 03:06 PM

1,217 posts, read 1,225,649 times
Cindy, when you get to North port take some time to drive down to Rotonda. If you look at a map it looks like a big wheel. The outer corners outside the wheel are less crowded and are similar to North Port. The streets have less traffic and are good for cycling or walking the dog. There is an HOA and dues are less than $100 per year. You can't park in the yard or on the street but you can leave your cars in the driveway. The people across from me can't get their cars in the garage because it's full of junk so they have two or three cars out all the time. And you can work on your cars in the garage.

The HOA has some rules about keeping your grass cut, no boat, motorhomes or work trucks. Check out rotonda-heights.com for a full list of rules. The houses are on city water and sewer too which in nice.

Old 04-11-2016, 03:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CindyRoos View Post
Hi runswithscissors! You always seem to have so much info and are so helpful to everyone!! I love it! Thank you!
My spouse and I have been researching Florida for at least a year now on Trulia and Zillow oh and also Realtor.com. I never really thought about the HOA stuff and deed restrictions until I came to this forum. Most homes seem to only have 2 to 3 car garages that I have seen. I do not want a home that has rules saying we can't have cars parked in the driveway overnight if we have guests. Anyway, I'm sure we will find something. I just wanted to get a feel for the rules in certain towns that we are looking at and how people have liked or disliked certain things. We are coming down in May to check out North Port and the surrounding areas.
Thanks again <3
Hi! I keep photo of driveways for moments like this

Yeah stick with non HOA. You have too many interests for that lifestyle and they're small.

Tiny HOA driveway LOL:

Search LOBELIA RD on Trulia to see the house I was talking about. It's NICE. On a corner.

There's a MILLION houses to chose from.

These are just on streets I work on every day!

Big family big driveway:

I was parked at the TOP of a HUGE side driveway goes all the way to the back of the house:

THREE CAR ACTUALLY IN AN HOA BUT THESE ARE TIGHT

See?

Everybody has a boat!

Old 04-11-2016, 03:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by FLHfan View Post
Cindy, when you get to North port take some time to drive down to Rotonda. If you look at a map it looks like a big wheel. The outer corners outside the wheel are less crowded and are similar to North Port. The streets have less traffic and are good for cycling or walking the dog. There is an HOA and dues are less than $100 per year. You can't park in the yard or on the street but you can leave your cars in the driveway. The people across from me can't get their cars in the garage because it's full of junk so they have two or three cars out all the time. And you can work on your cars in the garage.

The HOA has some rules about keeping your grass cut, no boat, motorhomes or work trucks. Check out rotonda-heights.com for a full list of rules. The houses are on city water and sewer too which in nice.
Yes we have some like that, too. The HOA fee is very modest and just pays for the basics required to be an HOA.

And you can leave your DOG In the driveway with your vehicles when your garage is too crowded!

Old 04-11-2016, 05:04 PM

2,407 posts, read 3,188,442 times
South Venice, parts of Englewood such as area abutting South Venice

Old 04-11-2016, 06:13 PM

9,742 posts, read 4,493,741 times
We have people in my area that buy a house with two lots and have 3-4 car garages on the adjacent lot. No deed restrictions.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida