Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-01-2016, 12:10 PM

8,069 posts, read 6,964,690 times

Advertisements

Personally I think the worst places to drive are those with more fatal accidents and serious injuries, not the ones with more accidents.

Plenty of cities in the NE have high accident rates but they tend to be small accidents. The way our roads are designed and our topography makes our roads very dangerous.

I think I read somewhere that the places with more serious accidents were those states with more rural population like Wyoming, Montana and Mississippi.

I-95 in Florida, especially in South Florida is a death wish. Avoid that road if you can. Those express Lanes have doubled the fatalities in that road. I think someone should go to jail for that poor road design.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-01-2016, 05:45 PM

14,927 posts, read 12,123,994 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sugah Ray View Post
LOL I drive in those areas but not often, probably like 10 times a month. I personally despise Kendall Drive. I think I was almost a victim of an insurance scam there around 88 st and 147 ave. The car in front of me full of people completely stopped at a green light when we were all going like 40 miles an hour. After I avoided hitting them, the car just stood there, I guess they were surprised I didn't hit them.

I'm like the opposite of Travelassie, I'm lucky. When I was younger and careless I hit a car at a parking lot, at a shopping center in US1 and SW 136 st. The car I hit fled the scene LOL. My guess is that they had stolen merchandise.
It wouldn't surprise me if that was an insurance scam waiting to happen, and you're lucky ( or maybe it was your sharp driving skills?) you were able to avoid hitting them and getting into that mess.

But will all the half-a**** drivers that populate south Florida roads and highways, the length of time I lived there and the amount of time I spent driving on those roads over the years, maybe I was lucky there weren't more drivers that hit me. I lived there for 36 years, and the last 15 of those years I worked at a job that required I drive all over Kingdom Come in Miami-Dade, Broward and Palm Beach counties. I think I can count a total of five times that I was hit from behind. Besides the two I mentioned, there was the woman who had either been texting or on the phone and distracted, and hit me while I was waiting at yet another light on Miami Gardens Drive. Then there was the elderly Hispanic gentleman who did the same thing as I waited at a light on SW 67th Ave (Ludlam) a couple blocks south of Flagler. Neither of these folks blamed me, but there wasn't much if any damage so we just drove away from those. I was also hit in the front in Palm Beach county by an NY snowbird looking for parking lot at a medical facility, realized he had passed it, so he all of a sudden and without warning backed up right into me as I was following him. He asked me what the hell I was doing there.

Old 06-07-2016, 08:21 PM

7,733 posts, read 6,449,016 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by StreetSmarts View Post
I disagree. Not to this extent. Fla is bad.
Agreed. People that say that generally have never driven in a state where people have courtesy. I'm gonna go a drive through the Midwest though, and report on how they drive in KS, MO, IA and MN. I've heard positive things but gonna see for myself.

Old 06-07-2016, 08:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spring Hillian View Post
That appears to be accurate however 4 cities do not comprise the state of FL.
Those are the largest cities here, though. Make that what you will. I have a friend who lost 2 friends of hers to hit and runs in Miami. One was a dude on a skateboard, the other was a girl crossing the street.

Old 06-07-2016, 09:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by OptimusPrime69 View Post
blah blah blah. .. there are bad drivers everywhere. I doubt people elsewhere wake up in the morning and on their commute think "gee golly, there sure are a lot of GREAT drivers in my area. How fortunate am I?"
I did when I lived in Abilene, TX. People can actually drive there. Other parts of Texas, not so much lol
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida