Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-21-2016, 07:52 AM

2,518 posts, read 1,841,673 times

Advertisements

Population growth sucks. Too many people, too much traffic, and noise pollution. The northerners and immigrants have ruined the state. A lot of people here in the Sebring area have a southern accent however.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-21-2016, 08:45 AM

167 posts, read 164,366 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by floridarebel View Post
Population growth sucks. Too many people, too much traffic, and noise pollution. The northerners and immigrants have ruined the state. A lot of people here in the Sebring area have a southern accent however.
Its true, the state is ruined but what can you do? Its called FOMO which baby boomers are notorious for "he has his so I want mine". They all think FL is some amazing place because guess what ADVERTISING WORKS.

The state is average to me, better than some but there are def better places out there.

Old 04-21-2016, 08:52 AM

2,232 posts, read 2,109,876 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Famalam View Post
Its true, the state is ruined but what can you do? Its called FOMO which baby boomers are notorious for "he has his so I want mine". They all think FL is some amazing place because guess what ADVERTISING WORKS.

The state is average to me, better than some but there are def better places out there.
Good riddance to you then. Get out.

Old 04-21-2016, 09:54 AM

12,135 posts, read 16,071,779 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PABC View Post
I'm NF [native Floridian] and to be brutally honest with you all, the majority of today's migrants moving to Florida are garbage. Not all of them, but certainly most of them. People [kids] I grew up with avoid people from the NY-NJ area. Anyone with a thick accent is unwritten code "to be on guard". If you have a thick accent and you are aggressive, it will be hard to make friends with long time Florida locals. Those folks I'm describing are better off in So. Florida where you can blend in with all the other transients, immigrants and migrants. Unfortunately a lot of Florida has scams and scammers, especially So. Florida. Local Floridians know all too well about this. Back 30+ years ago Floridians were open to anyone at anytime but things have changed the last 30 years.
It really is a shame that people judge people based on their former geographical area of residence and more so based on their accent. It is an indication of narrow minded thought processes.

Old 04-21-2016, 10:49 AM

2,232 posts, read 2,109,876 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PABC View Post
I'm NF [native Floridian] and to be brutally honest with you all, the majority of today's migrants moving to Florida are garbage. Not all of them, but certainly most of them. People [kids] I grew up with avoid people from the NY-NJ area. Anyone with a thick accent is unwritten code "to be on guard". If you have a thick accent and you are aggressive, it will be hard to make friends with long time Florida locals. Those folks I'm describing are better off in So. Florida where you can blend in with all the other transients, immigrants and migrants. Unfortunately a lot of Florida has scams and scammers, especially So. Florida. Local Floridians know all too well about this. Back 30+ years ago Floridians were open to anyone at anytime but things have changed the last 30 years.
I'm a Florida native too, and I think your full of crap.

Old 04-21-2016, 10:55 AM

1,886 posts, read 1,832,532 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spring Hillian View Post
It really is a shame that people judge people based on their former geographical area of residence and more so based on their accent. It is an indication of narrow minded thought processes.
Exactly my thoughts as well!!

Old 04-21-2016, 11:01 AM

1,886 posts, read 1,832,532 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Happiness-is-close View Post
I certainly second that motion

Old 04-21-2016, 12:10 PM

167 posts, read 164,366 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Happiness-is-close View Post

Comical, coming from a fellow transplant who is part of the destruction of old FL.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CindyRoos View Post
I certainly second that motion
LOL you dont even live in FL, you must come from a very awful place to think this is a mecca.

Old 04-21-2016, 12:24 PM

18,172 posts, read 16,324,110 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Famalam View Post
Your probably dont THINK you do because you were around it all your life but get on a conference call full of New York corporate DBs and they will scoff at you im sure.
That is because the NY people have an accent. A funny one.

Old 04-21-2016, 12:27 PM

18,172 posts, read 16,324,110 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by floridarebel View Post
Yep, that is what the original residents thought. It got worse when they were ejected from the State by the nice North Americans. At least the Spanish did not eject them. Yep been the problem for over well 200 years now. Of course since they discovered oil on their reservations in OK long ago, things got a bit better.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida