Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-22-2009, 05:56 PM

289 posts, read 567,357 times

Advertisements

Never lived there but would kill to be there now. I've wanted to move to Daytona Beach since we 1st visted in July 2007 for the race. Have wanted to move to Florida since we went to Homestead in 2006 for the race. I've looked at apartments & pictures for the last 2 1/2 years trying to figure out a way to move down there. I can't wait for the warm weather in winter, no threat of snow, no 6* windchill, no 27* during the day & 12* at night, no tennis shoes in the winter because it's too cold for flip flops, no naked dead looking trees, & being able to go see the ocean whenever I want to.

I don't even have to go down to the beach, but just to be able to drive by & see it. Or to stop at a 7-11 & walk across the road & look at it for 5 minutes, that's heaven to me. Looking out over the ocean, feeling the wind blowing in off the water, listeningt o the water, that makes me feel calm & at peace & at home.

I've gotta get down there & soon. I get slightly depressed in winter. And I realize that winter here in West TN is nothing compared to winter to the East, West, & North of us but it's still too much for me. To me anything below 60* is cool enough for a sweatshirt. Anything below 40* & I finally, tearfully trade in my flip flops for, at the least, clogs or burkinstocks.

Dreaming of palm trees, beaches, & the ocean!!!!!

Old 11-24-2009, 03:13 AM

583 posts, read 352,540 times
Don't forget the beautiful Sunrises over the ocean...ahhhhhhhh life is good!

Old 11-29-2009, 05:19 AM

7 posts, read 12,314 times
I never lived in FL, but I sure missed it after I got back from a vacation. Hopefully I can go there for college. It'll hopefully be a great experience.

Old 11-29-2009, 07:06 AM

2,903 posts, read 12,491,367 times
I miss it every time we leave. This time I drove back to the Buffalo area, and it is strange to see the slow transition in trees, elevation from flat to mountains, palms to dead looking trees, nice roads to potholes. Clean cars to rust.

We leave in shorts and arrive in coats.

We'll be back again for another month in April....can't wait.

Frank

Old 11-30-2009, 01:26 AM

11,486 posts, read 15,240,460 times
We miss is so bad.

Since we had to put of moving to Florida for now we miss it even more knowing that it will be a longer time before we can actually head to Florida for good.

We miss it so much that we have a family Florida talk almost every evening or at the dinner table.

Old 11-30-2009, 10:12 PM

3,636 posts, read 9,723,341 times
[quote=Sunny-Days90;11824435]We miss is so bad.

Since we had to put of moving to Florida for now we miss it even more knowing that it will be a longer time before we can actually head to Florida for good.

We miss it so much that we have a family Florida talk almost every evening or at the dinner table.[/quote]

seriously? I'll trade with ya!

Old 11-30-2009, 10:14 PM

3,636 posts, read 9,723,341 times
I have daily talk about how much it really sucks here during Christmas..... And Thanksgiving for that matter.

Old 12-01-2009, 06:28 AM

4,423 posts, read 7,328,228 times
We've lived here in Florida for almost 5 years and sometimes we think of moving out of state but we're both immediately struck by all that we'd miss about here if we moved away. Florida offers so many gifts beyond the weather.

Old 12-02-2009, 10:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChrisA70 View Post
I have daily talk about how much it really sucks here during Christmas..... And Thanksgiving for that matter.
Come on, you have been in and out of Florida more then the hurricanes.

You keep going back for some reason.

And yes, we will trade you any day. You will end up back in Florida like you have what 5-6 times before?

If Florida was so bad you would not be going back over and over.

You have been lucky enough to be there over and over, if we do not like it as family we are lucky enough to move around Florida or anywhere else we want until we find a warm place with no snow and dead trees.

Remember, I think it was you or started this thread?

By they way Chris, my mother has been in CCU since her cancer surgery in August so we did not enjoy Thanksgiving and did not even celebrate it this year. We spent the day in the waiting room at the hospital taking turns seeing her.

I hope you did enjoy your Thanksgiving in Florida.

This will be the first year in many years our kids wont be in Florida for New Years Eve at Disney.

So yes, we miss Florida and all it has to offer us.

Old 12-02-2009, 10:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChrisA70 View Post

Christmas is just one day of the year.

Fly to Cleveland or Buffalo for your winter wonderland and then fly back to a real life the next day.

We are usually heading to Florida Christmas night or the morning after so we can enjoy being outside for the first time in months.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida