Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-27-2016, 10:01 AM

2,232 posts, read 2,117,963 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by BNBR View Post
Yes, everyone is just being gunned down on the highways, daily, near Ft Myers.....

I think it's obvious YOU don't have any idea what you are talking about. The doomsday and "unsustainable growth" nonsense is just that, nonsense. It always balances out, which is why Naples still exists, and is just fine, 8 years after your doomsday collapse....
It is clearly you who doesn't know what he is talking about. But I suspect that when the next crash occurs you yourself will be holding a few of the grenades, seeing as to how you brag about all those properties you claim to own (which are actually financed). So being in a state of denial is your best option at present.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-27-2016, 11:17 AM

2,747 posts, read 2,632,919 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Happiness-is-close View Post
It is clearly you who doesn't know what he is talking about. But I suspect that when the next crash occurs you yourself will be holding a few of the grenades, seeing as to how you brag about all those properties you claim to own (which are actually financed). So being in a state of denial is your best option at present.
I finance my properties? News to me.

There are people on this forum who know exactly who I am and which properties I own. Rents are always steady, if not increasing. And that's what matters to me. I don't sell real estate, so property values are inconsequential unless I'm buying, but I don't buy in up markets. A crash would only benefit people like me, just like it did last time.

I didn't get to this point, financially, by not knowing what I'm talking about That said, in my heavy sarcasm, I may not have made my point clear. "Unsustainable growth" comes and goes. It's a term with very little meaning. "Unsustainable" cannot exist - you can only sell homes to people who can afford to buy them. Picture a chart that goes up and down. Put your finger on the chart where it's going up, then slice off the rest of the chart. Look, unsustainable!!! Things go in cycles, neighborhoods change, people change. They get richer, they get poorer. It's how things work.

Last edited by BNBR; 05-27-2016 at 11:47 AM..

Old 05-27-2016, 12:10 PM

2,232 posts, read 2,117,963 times
Quote:
I finance my properties? News to me.

There are people on this forum who know exactly who I am and which properties I own. Rents are always steady, if not increasing. And that's what matters to me. I don't sell real estate, so property values are inconsequential unless I'm buying, but I don't buy in up markets. A crash would only benefit people like me, just like it did last time.

I didn't get to this point, financially, by not knowing what I'm talking about That said, in my heavy sarcasm, I may not have made my point clear. "Unsustainable growth" comes and goes. It's a term with very little meaning. "Unsustainable" cannot exist - you can only sell homes to people who can afford to buy them. Picture a chart that goes up and down. Put your finger on the chart where it's going up, then slice off the rest of the chart. Look, unsustainable!!! Things go in cycles, neighborhoods change, people change. They get richer, they get poorer. It's how things work.
naples was actually severely ravaged by the last crash, if you knew anything, rich guy. Every school in the county shrunk in population because families lost everything they had. Today, with the current housing bubble and no increase in wages, we are now faced with hospitals, fire departments, and numerous businesses understaffed because workers can't afford to live here. And now, on the radio, advertising is happening again about how to flip homes for profit. I swear society will never learn.

There is nothing sustainable about what is going on. And correction is going to happen very, very soon. Probably early next year after the election and policy change occurs.

Old 05-27-2016, 01:04 PM

2,747 posts, read 2,632,919 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Happiness-is-close View Post
naples was actually severely ravaged by the last crash, if you knew anything, rich guy. Every school in the county shrunk in population because families lost everything they had. Today, with the current housing bubble and no increase in wages, we are now faced with hospitals, fire departments, and numerous businesses understaffed because workers can't afford to live here. And now, on the radio, advertising is happening again about how to flip homes for profit. I swear society will never learn.

There is nothing sustainable about what is going on. And correction is going to happen very, very soon. Probably early next year after the election and policy change occurs.

You still don't get it, do you?

Old 05-27-2016, 04:11 PM

3,848 posts, read 7,961,204 times
Quote:
Yes, everyone is just being gunned down on the highways, daily, near Ft Myers.....

Actually ya.... Shootings and murders daily on Lee county. You don't even live here so how exactly would you know? I see the news daily... Being statistically one of the most dangerous cities in America counts as a crisis IMO and it started around the collapse
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida