Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-23-2009, 05:48 PM

2,143 posts, read 8,032,562 times

Advertisements

How about they sell the house and pay the hospital bills. No offense, but I sure don't feel like paying their hospital bills, and that is what they want me to do.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-21-2011, 05:09 PM

1 posts, read 1,111 times
I'm filing Chapter 13 (in Florida)...I own my vehicle out-right...no outstanding loans... My House in "under-water" (and) past due for 6 months... I'm disabled and un-employable...still waiting on Soc. Sec... Can I keep my Home and my car...?

Old 07-21-2011, 06:34 PM

20,702 posts, read 12,533,837 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Charles D View Post
I'm filing Chapter 13 (in Florida)...I own my vehicle out-right...no outstanding loans... My House in "under-water" (and) past due for 6 months... I'm disabled and un-employable...still waiting on Soc. Sec... Can I keep my Home and my car...?
If you have no income you would probably be able to file chap 7. Yes, you can keep your house ( after rereading don't know if you are behind tho) and I think your car. Why would you want to keep your house if you are already 6 months behind?

Old 12-10-2011, 02:35 PM

1 posts, read 998 times
Unhappy Retired in la

I own a home in Florida with my adult child. We live here and are permanent Florida residents. We purchased it 50/50. I was hospitalized and have a $100,000. hospital bill that my insurance would not pay. Can they take my home or force us to sell it? Will my child be in danger of losing her share of the home? Our home is homesteaded. We have lived here for two and one half years. The hospital stay was just four months ago summer of 2011. Should I worry?

Last edited by PattycakE01; 12-10-2011 at 02:38 PM.. Reason: typo error

Old 12-10-2011, 03:03 PM

3,237 posts, read 6,320,473 times
Boy there is a lot of terrible information in this thread...

Old 01-22-2014, 06:03 PM

1 posts, read 672 times
i'm the victim of a force sale by a creditor who happens to be an attorney in Miami. despite being patently aware the property he Levied upon was declared homestead protected under Florida's constitution, Homestead Act, Article X sec.4(a)(1) he perused an illegal course of action, causing the sheriff of Miami-Dade County, Florida to sale my homestead property to the highest bidder. $ 10.00 bucks. the creditor was the highest bidder. it was a shameful day. me and my family because officially homeless, I'm a former city of Miami Police officer, my daughter is currently a Florida state trooper, Troop E. i was born in the great state of Florida, 1957, I purchased a 1941 three story mix use commercial building in my natural name in 1993, with the expressed intent of making the second and third floor our primary resident. we lived in the property 19 years until ordered to get out by the Sheriff dept. we were living in the penthouse condo 10 years before the subject judgment occurred and 18 years before the Levy was attached in 2012. in 2008 i file bankruptcy, the property was listed as homestead exempted. upon a hearing the federal judge found the property was in fact homestead and protected under Florida article X sec 4.(a)(1). yes I said the creditor is an attorney. he one of those judgment purchasers, where he obtain the judgment at a discount price under assignment then go after the debtor. he knew my property was constitutionally protected be he wanted to roll the judicial dice so to speak. we want our property back, what would be the best path to travel. Thank you
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida
View detailed profiles of: