Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-19-2021, 01:35 PM

1 posts, read 877 times

Advertisements

I’m trying to move to Florida from Michigan and I have 2 little pits what are the requirements and where would be the best city to look into renting
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-19-2021, 01:47 PM

10,746 posts, read 25,858,805 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Javonna View Post
I’m trying to move to Florida from Michigan and I have 2 little pits what are the requirements and where would be the best city to look into renting
Good luck finding a rental that will take one pit bull much less two.

You need to decide where in Florida you want to go and then start looking at places.

You’re best bet is to find a private landlord who accepts pets; you have a better chance with them. Apartment complexes and property management companies have a list of banned breeds and 99.9% of the time, pits are on it. Shoot, boxers were added to many lists about 6 years ago.

You’ll need to look into renters insurance that also carries coverages for dogs..sometimes having that coverage will sway a private landlord.

Do not leave Michigan until you find a place that will take your dogs.

Old 03-19-2021, 04:28 PM

10,951 posts, read 3,616,812 times
I can speak for my County, Miami-Dade, They are Banned here.

Old 03-23-2021, 11:43 AM

16,882 posts, read 16,145,167 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Javonna View Post
How much do they weigh?

Old 03-23-2021, 11:52 AM

1,265 posts, read 1,070,623 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by apbts=godsgift View Post
i live in the tampa bay area and hilsbrough county is trin to pass bsl right now....
Is there an article you can point to on this? Never heard of this talk here, but unfortunately those are most of the dogs that get loose, randomly abandoned, and lost. If you are going to rent, it will be hard to find a place that will allow a pitbull all over the state.

Old 03-23-2021, 02:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cjairo191 View Post
Is there an article you can point to on this? Never heard of this talk here, but unfortunately those are most of the dogs that get loose, randomly abandoned, and lost. If you are going to rent, it will be hard to find a place that will allow a pitbull all over the state.
I agree... snd as I said, they are usually number 1 on the banned breed lists that landlords/property managers and apartment complexes have. Oh and condo associations and HOAs too.

Old 03-23-2021, 02:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by springfieldva View Post
How much do they weigh?
When it comes to pit bulls, the weight isn’t the issue.. the breed is. And just about everyplace now asks for pictures of the dogs (they will take the pics and want to meet the dogs) as well as shot records and license.

Old 03-23-2021, 02:09 PM

8,685 posts, read 4,921,446 times
[quote=Kim in FL;60665151]When it comes to pit bulls, the weight isn’t the issue.. the breed is. And just about everyplace now asks for pictures of the dogs (they will take the pics and want to meet the dogs) as well as shot records and license.[/QUOTE

What good does meeting the dogs do.....they have been known to turn on a dime. So many in the news lately, that have killed, or seriously injured someone. I would not want them as neighbors.

Old 03-23-2021, 03:33 PM

[quote=marcandme;60665209]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kim in FL View Post
When it comes to pit bulls, the weight isn’t the issue.. the breed is. And just about everyplace now asks for pictures of the dogs (they will take the pics and want to meet the dogs) as well as shot records and license.[/QUOTE

What good does meeting the dogs do.....they have been known to turn on a dime. So many in the news lately, that have killed, or seriously injured someone. I would not want them as neighbors.
They want to meet ALL dogs of approved applicants. It’s kinda obvious that if they don’t accept pit bulls, they won’t be meeting them and their owners won’t be approved applicants.

These places choose to take pictures themselves so someone doesn’t submit a a picture of a lab when they really own a pit or any other banned breed.

Old 03-25-2021, 07:40 PM

16,882 posts, read 16,145,167 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kim in FL View Post
When it comes to pit bulls, the weight isn’t the issue.. the breed is. And just about everyplace now asks for pictures of the dogs (they will take the pics and want to meet the dogs) as well as shot records and license.
I have a small pit mix who is friendlier to people than our golden retriever is. She is waggy, she prances and wiggles - no joke. This dog's picture is in the dictionary under: UNintimidating. We have never had anyone deny her a place to stay. She's a mix under 45 pounds.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida