Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-21-2016, 06:04 AM

1 posts, read 597 times

Advertisements

I was let go 3 weeks ago from employer for being over budget. I have applied for unemployment and now it says its in ajudication. How long do I have to wait for checks to be received? Should I continue to put in for the checks each week? I have not received my last paycheck for 2 weeks work from the company either. How long can they hold this check? What steps do I take to ensure I receive this money? I am actively looking for work but have not found anything yet. Can I do temporary work in the mean time without interfering with unemployment? Kanisuroll
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-21-2016, 06:33 AM

2,747 posts, read 2,603,650 times
Other than not getting your last paycheck, all these questions could be answered with more authority by simply calling the reemployment office.

I believe adjudication takes a few weeks, off the top of my head. Though I'm generally on the side making it as difficult as possible for you to collect, so I'm not that up to date on how it works from your side.

If your employer is legitimately holding your last paycheck, I would contact the department of labor. To be clear about your last paycheck, is it already past the "normal" pay day for the work you did? In Florida, you won't generally get your last paycheck on your final day, but it'll be processed with the payroll as it normally would. If they didn't pay you, report them immediately to get the ball rolling.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida