Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-26-2006, 06:54 PM

5,701 posts, read 24,156,497 times

Advertisements

St Augustine has many haunted houses and ghost stories to talk about. What about in your area? Lets see if we can get stories from all over Florida....

Ponce de Leon Hotel, St. Augustine
The building that is now a college used to be the Ponce de Leon Hotel, run by Henry Flagler and his mentally unstable wife. After their daughter died, Mrs. Flagler hanged herself on the fourth floor of the hotel. The building, which is also the girls dormitory is plagued by many strange events. Girls on the third floor constantly hear ballroom music above them, although the 4th floor is sealed off. One girl reportedly went into hysterics because her bed began to shake wildly, though no one was in the room with her. Though they need the space, administrators will not allow students to room on the fourth floor.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-26-2006, 10:23 PM

2,909 posts, read 14,082,740 times
They are wasting the 4th floor, do they believe theres ghosts on that floor?

Old 09-03-2009, 10:36 AM

2 posts, read 8,808 times
Have you heard of Warehouse 31? I don't think that haunted is really the right word, but there is certainly some weird energy there. Seems there was a preacher or cult leader who once used it as a temple or place of sacrifice or something. While his church left the area, people say they still find bloody stuff and dead animals nearby. They've snatched up the site, out on West Davis Industrial Drive, and are using it as a haunted house this year. Perfect.... its already got built-in "creepy" I might have to join my kids, who've been bugging me to get tickets for it. Google search for Warehouse31 St. Augustine.

Old 09-03-2009, 10:44 AM

7,871 posts, read 10,127,642 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sunrico90 View Post
St Augustine has many haunted houses and ghost stories to talk about. What about in your area? Lets see if we can get stories from all over Florida....

The building that is now a college used to be the Ponce de Leon Hotel, run by Henry Flagler and his mentally unstable wife. After their daughter died, Mrs. Flagler hanged herself on the fourth floor of the hotel. The building, which is also the girls dormitory is plagued by many strange events. Girls on the third floor constantly hear ballroom music above them, although the 4th floor is sealed off. One girl reportedly went into hysterics because her bed began to shake wildly, though no one was in the room with her. Though they need the space, administrators will not allow students to room on the fourth floor.

Then they can lease it to me real cheap. I'll turn it into a friggin day care center.

Old 09-03-2009, 11:36 AM

1,468 posts, read 4,748,784 times
Quote:

I own one. It was built in 1928 and every time it happens it is always the same exact story. Most recently was about ten years ago. A tenent told me they saw an old woman standing in the yard. I didn't tell them that I have heard this story before about that property since my father bought it around 1950. The story is always the same and she is always standing in the same place. It has happened at least 5 or 6 times in my memory. The house was originaly built by one of the towns first doctors and he used it as his office for a time in the 1930's. This is no BS and I don't believe in anything, not ghosts or God or anything like that. I am just telling you what has happened.

Old 09-03-2009, 12:35 PM

3,043 posts, read 7,707,891 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mango23 View Post
I own one. It was built in 1928 and every time it happens it is always the same exact story. Most recently was about ten years ago. A tenent told me they saw an old woman standing in the yard. I didn't tell them that I have heard this story before about that property since my father bought it around 1950. The story is always the same and she is always standing in the same place. It has happened at least 5 or 6 times in my memory. The house was originaly built by one of the towns first doctors and he used it as his office for a time in the 1930's. This is no BS and I don't believe in anything, not ghosts or God or anything like that. I am just telling you what has happened.

pretty awesome!

Old 09-03-2009, 10:35 PM

2,930 posts, read 7,059,252 times
Quote:
Yes, I think exactly like you, I'm not supersticious at all but I knew a place that was "haunted" and the people that experience it, were all college educated, with above average intelligence. I don't mess with that stuff, I rather not know. I wouldn't live in a property like that for free. I wish I hadn't read this

Old 09-04-2009, 08:17 AM

1,468 posts, read 4,748,784 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lolita305 View Post
Yes, I think exactly like you, I'm not supersticious at all but I knew a place that was "haunted" and the people that experience it, were all college educated, with above average intelligence. I don't mess with that stuff, I rather not know. I wouldn't live in a property like that for free. I wish I hadn't read this
I live on the property off and on. It was originaly a 200 acre farm, when we moved here that was later mostly sold off by my father to developers. When we moved here we found a grave marker in the barn. I still have it and use it for a door stop. I feel like it's good luck. I know, it sounds nuts. I once asked a family member of the original owner who the person was on the marker. She said that was the name of a black family who once worked for her family and also lived on the property. We have never been sure where the marker came from or if the person is buried on the property somewhere. Now with the internet I may do some checking and try to find out who this person was. I will tell you something funny. We were having a yard sale once and an old lady stopped by. She told us she had lived in the cottage on the property in the early 40's with her parents. She made a strange comment. She said when she was a little girl she always felt safe here, it had good spirits. It was a strange comment I thought.

Old 09-04-2009, 08:26 AM

3,225 posts, read 8,570,985 times
Quote:
When we moved here we found a grave marker in the barn. I still have it and use it for a door stop.
Oh no! I bet you hear squeaking sounds at night coming from that door in the barn where you have that door stop!!!!

Like Lolita, I wish I never read this...I'm outta here!!!!

j/k

Old 09-04-2009, 08:29 AM

1,310 posts, read 3,050,808 times
Quote:

Im going to St. A. on an RV trip soon. Do you know of the best Haunted House that offers tours ? THanks.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida