Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-27-2006, 04:26 PM

20 posts, read 34,449 times

Advertisements

When we vsited there ( Ormond Beach) I noticed there were no mountain ranges. The palm trees were lovely, but everything was flat.
I noticed on the west coast ( CA) there was the desert, mountains, ocean and forest within a few miles. I'm new to the country and still in search of a place to settle.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-27-2006, 04:29 PM

2,209 posts, read 7,655,019 times
Yup, time to head on out to California. Have a good trip.

Old 11-27-2006, 06:39 PM

1,130 posts, read 1,572,182 times
Florida is basically flat. If you head up to northern Florida you will see some hills and get a bit of a change of season with the trees in the cooler months.
SW Florida is FLAT. If you head to the keys there is aqua blue waters and you get a very tropical feel. It all depends on what you like.
I do prefer the mountains. It seems there are never ending views up in the mountainous areas.

Old 11-27-2006, 09:41 PM

5,701 posts, read 24,158,830 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Osuzzanna View Post
When we vsited there ( Ormond Beach) I noticed there were no mountain ranges. The palm trees were lovely, but everything was flat.
I noticed on the west coast ( CA) there was the desert, mountains, ocean and forest within a few miles. I'm new to the country and still in search of a place to settle.
Visit Northwest Florida and see something superior. If you get to experience other states you will find out that North Dakota is a lot flatter than Florida. That the mountains of Utah are unique, the North Carolina area is awesome. Upstate New York is not the Bronx, St. Paul Mi is enchanting, the rolling hills of Wisconsin are unique and the fall foliage while you drive in Colorado is out of this world. Therefore look for the unique natural displays of Mother Nature rather than limit yourself to compare.

Old 11-28-2006, 09:43 AM

1,418 posts, read 10,190,369 times
Nope, there ain't no mountains in Florida! I think the highest spot is something like 400 ft, and it's definitely not on the beach.

When I've traveled abroad, I notice that most Europeans have no idea how big the US is, or how diverse its terrain is. One of our average sized states is often larger than a typical European country. I've traveled across the southeast and southwest United States, seen a handfull of northeastern states and Illinois. I have yet to step foot in almost two thirds of the states in the US.

Old 11-28-2006, 10:23 AM

Location: Orlando, FL - used to be nice, a dump now. Anyone speak English down here???
340 posts, read 432,657 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Osuzzanna View Post
When we visited there (Ormond Beach) I noticed there were no mountain ranges. The palm trees were lovely, but everything was flat.
Uh.... YEAHHHHH... Fl is a big swamp..... no mountains in the swampland! hehe

Try CO too.... it is great!

Old 11-28-2006, 11:04 AM

320 posts, read 1,129,868 times
Not everything in Florida is flat......

Old 11-28-2006, 11:07 AM

243 posts, read 1,097,013 times
If you want mountains with the beach try California. Now, the water isn't as blue and warm as here, and the mountains aren't as breathtaking as Colorado's, but it's still very scenic. PCH 1 is one of the best drives anywhere.

Old 11-28-2006, 02:49 PM

9,324 posts, read 26,745,539 times
Florida's beauty is in it's life, trees waters and so on. Funny as developers have been busy destroying it for decades. Places like the Everglades and Keys take some getting used to, but if you can, take a boat ride up the coastline by Everglades National park. Many people think it's ugly, but it's quite an experience to go under a bridge and just start going away from the built up areas into land undeveloped since the beginning of the state. Most of natural Florida isn't hospitable for today's humans but it's nice to view from a safe place.

Old 11-28-2006, 05:19 PM

5,701 posts, read 24,158,830 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Christian11 View Post
Uh.... YEAHHHHH... Fl is a big swamp..... no mountains in the swampland! hehe

Try CO too.... it is great!
The highest point of elevation: 345 Feet

Description:
Walton County, eastern panhandle of northern Florida near Alabama border 2 miles southeast of Florala , Alabama
Moderator cut: link removed, linking to competitor sites is not allowed

Last edited by Yac; 01-16-2014 at 07:50 AM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida