Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Legalize medical marijuana in FL?
Yes, for amendment 2 59 73.75%
no, against amendment 2 14 17.50%
Not sure 7 8.75%
Voters: 80. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-30-2016, 05:00 PM

3,595 posts, read 6,945,661 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedneckRebel View Post
The red herrings in this thread are amazing. This amendment has nothing to do with alcohol, or opiods. That fact that the supporters have to keep bringing them up, proves their arugments are hollow, and purely emotional. This amendment needs to fail, just like it did in 2014.
Less than 1 month after the Amendment "failed" in 2014 (and I say failed because let's not kid ourselves 58% of the vote in a non presidential election year is actually incredible and very indicative of how it will go this time), my mom got diagnosed with multiple myeloma and went on Chemo and could have really used the legal ability to be prescribed cannabis from her oncologist, but instead she didn't have that option.

My friends who smoke weed illegally continued just like they will after it passes in November by calling their guy/ gal which is a lot cheaper and easier than the doctors visits etc.

There is already plenty of pot in Florida, not letting docs prescribe it to cancer patients isn't making it any harder for anyone to get a hold of some.

And god forbid they did, at least it's not alcohol or opiates which cause greater societal and personal harm like many have pointed out to you here, not out of emotion, but rather rationality and logic.

Perhaps you played the emotion/red herring card because it's you who's augment is hollow like the heads of people I've spoken to that oppose this super commonsense decision to make in November!!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-30-2016, 05:10 PM

8,704 posts, read 10,898,341 times
Looks like it should easily pass.

Old 09-30-2016, 05:13 PM

240 posts, read 262,060 times
I sincerely hope it passes ... No one should have to suffer in pain.

Old 09-30-2016, 05:55 PM

2,950 posts, read 1,637,024 times
Quote:
yeah, because marijuana is harmless, and legalizing has no unintended consequences...

Town’s Water Supply Laced With Unknown Levels Of THC
Town’s Water Supply Laced With Unknown Levels Of THC, Signs Show Tampering « CBS Denver

Don't be a fool. The unintended consequences of this amendment are severe. And if we pass it this way, we will never be able to undo it.
The towns water supply link you posted was the result of a faulty test and hysteria from the prohibitionist crowd. The news came out a day later that there was no THC in the water. Not to mention the fact that lacing a town's water supply with THC to the extent that it would cause intoxication or any noticeable effects among residents is literally impossible. It's unbelievable that an expert such as yourself you didn't know that.

None of the other links you posted shows any definitive proof that cannabis is the evil, soul destructing substance that you believe it to be. It's simply people's opinions and easily picked apart "studies."

Can you post or DM me what organization you belong to? Based on you're posts you certainly belong to some kind of prohibitionist group.

Old 09-30-2016, 06:26 PM

25,442 posts, read 9,800,380 times
Quote:
This is something that needs to go through the legislature. Putting in the constitution is a horrible idea.
The Florida legislature would never legalize marijuana.

Old 10-01-2016, 03:29 AM

12,017 posts, read 14,320,226 times
The case for Trump and medical marijuana | Opinion - Sun Sentinel

The last line is so true : cool:

Old 10-01-2016, 07:53 PM

1,748 posts, read 2,175,822 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ben Barbosa View Post
Valid points -- I am pro MM but don't want any more shady low class Migrants in Florida anymore than you do. By the way I corrected your politically correct word *low-lives to what it should be --> low-lifes. Why can't we simply call a spade a spade? Why must we be such wimpy *PC people all the time?

*Politically correct
Huh?

n. pl. low·lifes also low·lives (-līvz′)
A person of low social status or moral character:

Old 10-02-2016, 11:42 AM

4,855 posts, read 2,670,979 times
vote yes on Amendment 2..have a nice day..

Old 10-02-2016, 11:43 PM

8,069 posts, read 6,968,692 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by apple87 View Post
It's amazing how so-called conservatives act like big government nanny state liberals on the issue of marijuana. Wanting the government to ban people from using a plant for medicine is not conservative. That makes you no different than the New York liberals who tried to ban soda.
I'm not a conservative and I will vote no. I consider myself very liberal except when it comes to recreational drugs use. It's one of the main reasons I left the democratic party and became an independent many years ago.

Yeah I would ban soda too. Bloomberg was 100% right about the sugary drinks portion cap. They are bad for your liver and bad for your teeth.

Old 10-02-2016, 11:53 PM

2,950 posts, read 1,637,024 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sugah Ray View Post
I'm not a conservative and I will vote no. I consider myself very liberal except when it comes to recreational drugs use. It's one of the main reasons I left the democratic party and became an independent many years ago.

Yeah I would ban soda too. Bloomberg was 100% right about the sugary drinks portion cap. They are bad for your liver and bad for your teeth.
It's a vote for medical, not recreational.

Seems there's a lot of people that can't differentiate between the two. Thankfully, people like you won't be a factor this year. It's going to pass.

Last edited by jburress; 10-03-2016 at 12:05 AM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida
View detailed profiles of: