Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-06-2016, 08:46 PM

696 posts, read 904,189 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by boxus View Post
Maybe a bit much, but there are stupid people out there that kind of need to be said directly and not leave it up to interpretation.

A smart person does not need to be told/advised of anything, they can just watch the weather and understand what to do.
Yes but your wife/gf might say "I don't care if the weather is nice out we are going to go drive 100 miles away because the governor said if we don't we will die!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-06-2016, 08:55 PM

18,069 posts, read 18,796,471 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tar21 View Post
Yes but your wife/gf might say "I don't care if the weather is nice out we are going to go drive 100 miles away because the governor said if we don't we will die!
And if she is that stupid, she is the one who he is addressing; those that cannot think for themselves.

The storm has not even hit yet, so why are you even criticizing him? It is scheduled to hit central coast, but jsut now on TV they said it has made a eastward adjustment, so more of a close scrape than a hit, but this can change from hour to hour.

Old 10-06-2016, 08:59 PM

1,284 posts, read 3,894,163 times
Quote:
I guarantee the forecast for north florida will be the same story as the south it won't even hit directly.
Coming from someone who went through the middle of Andrew(literally 155mph+ sustained winds and gusts of over 200mph)you're ignorant!!If Andrew would have stalled and not moved through the area in 3 hours there would have been hundreds or thousands dead,including myself.This is a tad weaker than Andrew but strong enough to cause major damage,you have to realize little things like the storm stalling and lengthening the time in the area can cause more damage and flooding,it may shift its course at the last moment unexpectedly,or get stronger,you just never know.And you're talking like the storm is over,sure it didn't do much in South Florida but the eye right now is like east of Stuart and I'm in Orlando and I'm seeing some really strong bands coming through with serious rain and wind and this thing is like almost 200 miles away from me.Trust me that hurricanes are no joke and need to be taken seriously

Old 10-06-2016, 09:02 PM

6,234 posts, read 8,433,139 times
Quote:
Are you guys mad at the governor for ordering a mandatory evacuation and saying "you will die if you don't evacuate
I can't believe this post!

Old 10-06-2016, 09:17 PM

9,569 posts, read 5,614,437 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by boxus View Post
Maybe a bit much, but there are stupid people out there that kind of need to be said directly and not leave it up to interpretation.

A smart person does not need to be told/advised of anything, they can just watch the weather and understand what to do.
I do agree with that !
Your opinion does change after you have been through a Hurricane though !

Old 10-06-2016, 09:25 PM

2,495 posts, read 1,867,573 times
Quote:
I'd think that is between you and your wife/girlfriend (I assume she is bugging you about evacuating?)......your anger is misdirected at the governor, who is only trying to save idiots like you.

Old 10-06-2016, 09:32 PM

501 posts, read 1,428,992 times
Quote:
Are you guys mad at the governor for ordering a mandatory evacuation and saying "you will die if you don't evacuate" for a storm that was weaker than many we have in NY?
Even the very first sentence here makes me want to over and over.

The Cat 1 Sandy storm, that hit us, killed over 40 some people in the Northeast! People, in Staten Island, got their homes flooded. One family, that survived Katrina, ended up having a family member drown with Sandy. Elderly people, who couldn't see in the dark, fell down the stairs and died. One poor father got electrocuted in his basement, because he couldn't see the water that was sitting there.

Do not underestimate a hurricane, regardless of its category! First priority is to stay safe and smart (hopefully...). Losing up to two weeks of power, for a lot of people's homes, was nothing compared to the deaths that happened (and could've been prevented).

Prayers and plenty of "stay safe" shout outs to all those in Florida! >__< Our thoughts, from up north, are with you.

Old 10-06-2016, 09:59 PM

2,567 posts, read 5,309,369 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RedneckRebel View Post
I was wondering how long it would take the Lib-Tards to blame this hurricane on Governor Scott...
No, it'll be the Evangelicals blaming the hurricane on the gays-- unless the Evangelicals themselves get hit by the storm, in which case they'll come up with some other rationale (Obama unleashed it, etc.).

I'm no fan of Rick Scott, but it's better to be safe than sorry. Can you imagine the outcry if he were to downplay the impact of the hurricane, should it strike and kill people not urged to evacuate? That would be far worse.

Old 10-06-2016, 10:20 PM

13,258 posts, read 22,813,977 times
And remember that global warming is a hoax created by the Chinese and all....

This liberal is denying any connections to the original poster, who obviously wan't down here in 04-05 and don't know what it's really like.

And I kind of miss Jeb! and his ability to get the tone right in terms of getting people to take a storm seriously without sounding like he was trying to create a panic or in over his head with that governor thing.

Old 10-06-2016, 11:19 PM

696 posts, read 904,189 times
Do you people support weather forecasters after videos like this?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JC18NUOLah0

Everyone who stayed must be dead now...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida