Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-27-2009, 05:43 PM

6,853 posts, read 22,459,078 times

Advertisements

OK! Lets be nice and respect each others views/experiences.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-27-2009, 06:46 PM

7,937 posts, read 20,381,405 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gators2009 View Post
I agree - Charlotte and S FL definitely have one thing in common. Both places (for whatever reason) have attracted a lot of the same people. And once a place like S FL or Charlotte attracts so many of those folks, the places becomes what they left. It's sad, in fact we were talking to our YMCA fitness instructor about that this afternoon. She completely agreed. Places like S FL and Charlotte have changed a lot.

I know some folks in Charlotte arent the friendliest, but you have to remember it's like S FL, they both attract the same people. But I still find Charlotte to have kept a little more of the "friendliness" feature.
Exactly

Old 09-27-2009, 07:24 PM

24 posts, read 63,693 times
I'm nice, Doggiebus. I just speak honestly about things, and dont sugarcoat. I know earlier Doggiebus, you mentioned you could never live in a palce like Charlotte, but if you think (or you're told) that Charlotte is just like S FL, in some ways, they are alike, but there's still a difference; someone can dislike S FL and move to CLT and love it - tens of thousands already did and will continue to.

Old 09-27-2009, 07:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by berryjuice4life View Post
Exactly
I like BerryJuice. She tells it like it is, just as I do. But at the same time, she agrees with a lot of the things I say (she has lived in both places too.)

Old 09-27-2009, 07:54 PM

Quote:
I like BerryJuice. She tells it like it is, just as I do. But at the same time, she agrees with a lot of the things I say (she has lived in both places too.)
I agree with you Gator, I always Tell it like it is and if u dont like it well too bad..my point is that people who live in charlotte and come here like we did after living there for 2 years cant believe we are really enojoying florida but to each is own I say...We are originally from NYC but never the less there are people like US who really are happy here and it really is no different anywhere else as far as problems go..We have found people to be very friendly, very nice...and since there is no perfect land and there is no such thing as Utopia, running and running from something you cant escape as u will find something else to complain about..People shouldnt be put down or argued with because they like a place that someone else doesnt....

and bashing someplace that other people might actually want to live, well that is just wrong...charlotte wasnt for us and am glad we moved my kids thrived there acedemically but not socially....doesnt mean its a horrible place to live

and Florida and yes Boca has been very good to us....We are always busy with friends, activities and swimming as both my children swim competitvely...but there is no need to bash either place....

Old 09-27-2009, 08:02 PM

^^^ All that matters is that you and your family are happy. And being from NYC, I'm not suprised you like S FL. There are still many nice areas down there - just NOT Miami.

Old 09-27-2009, 08:10 PM

Quote:
^^^ All that matters is that you and your family are happy. And being from NYC, I'm not suprised you like S FL. There are still many nice areas down there - just NOT Miami.
agreed

Old 09-27-2009, 08:42 PM

8,377 posts, read 30,903,465 times
Quote:
There are nice parts of Miami too...

miami fl - Google Maps

the roads, - Google Maps

Old 09-27-2009, 09:10 PM

Generally speaking, I wouldnt advise a move to Miami. Someone on Fischer Island may have a different perspective. But that's 1% (if that) of Miami.

Old 09-27-2009, 09:21 PM

8,377 posts, read 30,903,465 times
Quote:
Generally speaking, I wouldnt advise a move to Miami. Someone on Fischer Island may have a different perspective. But that's 1% (if that) of Miami.
That wasn't Fisher Island...there are pretty vast areas in Miami that are "nice", like Coconut Grove, The Roads, Brickell, there are others...no I wouldn't suggest Overtown but my point being is that there are worse places (really).
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida