Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-30-2017, 07:52 AM

5,021 posts, read 7,449,403 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sweetbottoms View Post
I also love the ones that have been here for 5 years and talk about "back in the day" .
LOL!!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-30-2017, 11:31 AM

12,016 posts, read 12,757,385 times
Good luck on your move, it's a good thing that not everyone loved Florida or we would be packed to the rafters.

Old 01-30-2017, 03:24 PM

18,172 posts, read 16,395,091 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LifeIsGood01 View Post
Good luck on your move, it's a good thing that not everyone loved Florida or we would be packed to the rafters.
Keep talking about Gators and Palmetto bugs (Note been there many times and never saw either.) and they will think twice about moving.

Note saw gators in preserves, etc, but that was it. The bugs on my windshield after days of driving were nil.

Old 01-30-2017, 07:48 PM

2,822 posts, read 1,928,479 times
You can live wherever you want to and should live wherever you will feel most happy! If that is back in Pennsylvania and not in Florida, I do wish you luck!

Quote:
Originally Posted by PDF View Post
Well written post. Florida isn't for everyone. I left 7 years ago.
Agreed. Too many people get on here and treat those who are moving out of state/the area as if they committed a treasonous act by doing so. And how offended other locals get when someone announces they've moved. It's pretty ridiculous how overboard people go, wanting to shame someone for not liking a certain area and moving somewhere they might like better. You see it all over the regional forums on here.

''You don't like it here?! GOOD GTFO! We would have banished you anyway, if you hadn't left on your own!''

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ms. Intelligence View Post
It is easy to walk away. Don't the door hit ya.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ms. Intelligence View Post
Don't let the door hit you. Hasta luego!
This right here, this is exactly what I'm talking about. This poster was so offended, she felt the need to make almost a duplicate post 7 hours later, when her first post wasn't even replied to.

Old 01-30-2017, 10:14 PM

197 posts, read 199,550 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Runninglikethieves View Post
You can live wherever you want to and should live wherever you will feel most happy! If that is back in Pennsylvania and not in Florida, I do wish you luck!

Agreed. Too many people get on here and treat those who are moving out of state/the area as if they committed a treasonous act by doing so. And how offended other locals get when someone announces they've moved. It's pretty ridiculous how overboard people go, wanting to shame someone for not liking a certain area and moving somewhere they might like better. You see it all over the regional forums on here.

''You don't like it here?! GOOD GTFO! We would have banished you anyway, if you hadn't left on your own!''

This right here, this is exactly what I'm talking about. This poster was so offended, she felt the need to make almost a duplicate post 7 hours later, when her first post wasn't even replied to.
Hey smarty pants, I have a right to my opionion as do you. If you don't like what I say, buzz off.

Old 01-30-2017, 10:15 PM

197 posts, read 199,550 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LifeIsGood01 View Post
I could not have said it any better.

Old 01-31-2017, 05:05 AM

14,949 posts, read 12,143,957 times
Well, while all this silly yeay nay FL brawling is going on, I imagine the OP is happily on her way back to the Poconos and the start of a new chapter in her life closer to her family and other loved ones. My good wishes go with her.

It's been said so often before, Florida, like everywhere else on this planet, has its own set of goods, and bads. What's good, what's bad can either be real or may be subject to the perspectives and preferences of the observer. And as been stated before, its a good thing we all see things differently or we'd all be packed like sardines in the location we all believe is the best.

As I understand it, the OP didn't move to FL with the idea that it would be a Utopia and would solve all her problems, but because of a job opportunity her husband wanted to pursue. IIRC life intervened, and they stayed longer than originally intended due to life issues (serious illness?) that kept them from moving back to where the OP's heart really was, closer to family up north. Finally, when the stars all aligned and the gods decreed, the OP and her husband were able to move back to where they really wanted to be. I'm happy for them.

Old 01-31-2017, 05:20 AM

50,370 posts, read 63,964,084 times
I get what you mean, OP. We are 2 hours north of the FL line, in GA, and although it is not as bad as Florida, I miss the changing seasons more every year. I think the Pocanos are too far north for me, but the NC mountains are just about perfect.
I miss the lush green landscape of the north, and wouldn't mind a touch of snow every now and then. I'd like to be able to set foot outside in the summer without melting, too.
I think the snowbirds have it best.

Old 01-31-2017, 05:23 AM

8,924 posts, read 5,626,404 times
Florida isn't for everybody. I'll bet we can say the same for everyplace in the world....

Old 01-31-2017, 06:28 AM

50,370 posts, read 63,964,084 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tominftl View Post
Florida isn't for everybody. I'll bet we can say the same for everyplace in the world....
It makes a difference how rich you are. I could be happy as a clam, if I had a little house on the gulf, like Siesta Key or Anna Maria island, but alas, my budget is more trailer park in an orange grove.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida