Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-22-2017, 12:17 PM

2,232 posts, read 2,119,019 times

Advertisements

I don't think so. I mostly see low paying jobs being created. Also Florida still has double digit U6 unemployment. The state has had high unemployment now for nearly a decade.

Going from -100 to -10 is the right direction, but hardly anything to cheer about.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-22-2017, 12:49 PM

509 posts, read 517,186 times
The only people are that say there isn't an economic boom in Florida are the ones not are not successful economically, or Democrats that refuse to give our Republican Governor any credit.

Old 03-22-2017, 01:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedneckRebel View Post
The only people are that say there isn't an economic boom in Florida are the ones not are not successful economically, or Democrats that refuse to give our Republican Governor any credit.
Let's not be ignorant. Florida does still have one of the highest U6 unemployment rates in the nation. And that number has barely budged for a year and a half. To me, that is nothing to brag about.

Old 03-22-2017, 02:10 PM

2,752 posts, read 2,585,616 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Happiness-is-close View Post
Let's not be ignorant. Florida does still have one of the highest U6 unemployment rates in the nation. And that number has barely budged for a year and a half. To me, that is nothing to brag about.
So cute to see the left discover the U6 rate after 8 yrs.

Old 03-22-2017, 02:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrviking View Post
So cute to see the left discover the U6 rate after 8 yrs.
I've been talking about our U6 rate for years. I never gave Obama a pass on it either. You can probably find posts of my own back to mid 2015 talking about it.

Old 03-22-2017, 02:55 PM

27,215 posts, read 43,923,184 times
Quote:
Credit for what exactly? Can you actually document where he can be credited for stimulating job growth....I mean beyond Wawa expansion and varying call center jobs?

Old 03-22-2017, 03:01 PM

1,759 posts, read 2,165,263 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Swimmom32 View Post
We are finding people in multiple bidding wars for homes in our price range, 325k-400k..My husband will be working in the Florida market as there is alot of opportunity for his company they also have an office there as well...its interesting we were on the phone with some people from the Tampa Office and they are saying what a comeback Tampa Bay is making, again it depends on what sector one works in but it isnt all doom and gloom...I will say there are A LOT of people including my husband that work from home so if they are keeping their salaries then I would assume this is why so many people are buying..I am surprised about the amount of people in the same price range because all you hear is there aren't any decent paying Jobs Etc, I actually find Tampa from my research to be more expensive than we thought, but we aren't moving for a Cheaper Lifestyle we are moving for a Better Quality as well as a future for our adult kids...
Interesting and...... I almost wonder how the office space/rentals are doing since so many of us work from home much of the time. Some of us all of the time.

Old 03-22-2017, 03:03 PM

24,407 posts, read 26,956,157 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrviking View Post
Tell us again how all those "low paying service sector jobs" are buying all those $300/350K new homes going up everywhere.
Exactly, people who work minimum wage tend to think the only jobs available are minimum wage. I'm friends with a few realtors here and there are a lot of buyers right now (not retirees). Not to mention, there is so much being built from houses, shopping centers, attractions etc. Median household incomes are up again as well.

Old 03-22-2017, 03:10 PM

509 posts, read 517,186 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Happiness-is-close View Post
I've been talking about our U6 rate for years. I never gave Obama a pass on it either. You can probably find posts of my own back to mid 2015 talking about it.
just imagine how much better it will get once TRUMP's policies get through! Florida has been booming with one hand tied behind our back because of OBAMA!

I find it interesting that your name is 'Happiness-is-close' instead of 'Happiness-is-HERE!' since you seem so bitter all the time, and hating on Florida so much, maybe you should move to a state that more resembles your values...

Old 03-22-2017, 03:14 PM

24,407 posts, read 26,956,157 times
Quote:

I find it interesting that your name is 'Happiness-is-close' instead of 'Happiness-is-HERE!' since you seem so bitter all the time, and hating on Florida so much, maybe you should move to a state that more resembles your values...
I never understood people who all they do is complain, yet don't do anything about it. It's pretty easy to move these days and since six figure jobs flow like water from a faucet in other states, it should be absolutely no problem moving, right
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida
View detailed profiles of: