Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-07-2017, 08:58 AM

417 posts, read 190,915 times

Advertisements

EVERY STATE HAS CULTURE AND ACTIVITIES!

You obviously have a computer. Type in "things to do in Florida" or "visitflorida.com" or "Florida on a tankful".

Nobody is going to walk into your living room and take you by the hand. YOU need to go to where people and things are.

DO IT! For yourself AND your kids.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-07-2017, 09:03 AM

5,020 posts, read 7,448,079 times
Culture to me is theater, ballet, orchestras... that type of thing.

I'm getting a kick out of reading posts where people consider culture drinking or doing something outdoors.

Old 07-07-2017, 09:10 AM

686 posts, read 621,961 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cfbs2691 View Post

I'm getting a kick out of reading posts where people consider culture drinking or doing something outdoors.
Never knew culture was only found indoors.

Old 07-07-2017, 09:47 AM

2,747 posts, read 2,632,919 times
Quote:

You get a kick out of others not abiding by your incorrect understanding of culture?

Lol. Now that's something to get a kick out of!

So Oktoberfest Miami isn't cultural? The Blue Crab Festival isn't cultural? Calle Ocho? And the ultimate drinking/outdoors festival - Fantasy Fest... nothing cultural at all?

Old 07-07-2017, 09:49 AM
PDF

11,395 posts, read 13,414,536 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MAniacTHW View Post
I must live in an alternate reality. Just got back from a free concert in Downtown Tampa, took a Downtowner to the Floridan, and had a few beers at a bar that dates back half a century.
Well I'm glad someone likes Tampa.

Old 07-07-2017, 12:06 PM

24,399 posts, read 26,946,756 times
Beach
Restaurants
Nice landscaping
Cleanliness
Pro-development
...and I'm a happy camper, FL already checks these boxes for me

...I guess if I had to be picky, I wish there were more Authentic choices when it comes to restaurants, groceries and desert cafes for various Asian cuisines and I wish we had authentic Mexican street tacos.

Old 07-07-2017, 12:11 PM

5,020 posts, read 7,448,079 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BNBR View Post
You get a kick out of others not abiding by your incorrect understanding of culture?

Lol. Now that's something to get a kick out of!

So Oktoberfest Miami isn't cultural? The Blue Crab Festival isn't cultural? Calle Ocho? And the ultimate drinking/outdoors festival - Fantasy Fest... nothing cultural at all?
Never said my thinking was the only way.. thought it was funny we have different views.
Don't forget - I know it's hard for you - we don't all have to agree.
I do not consider drinking a culture thing.. it's just drinking.
I don't consider festivals culture.. if there's music - that I'd consider culture.

Fantasy Fest I would absolutely not consider cultural.

cul·ture
ˈkəlCHər/
noun

noun: culture
  1. 1.
    the arts and other manifestations of human intellectual achievement regarded collectively.

Last edited by cfbs2691; 07-07-2017 at 12:22 PM..

Old 07-07-2017, 12:46 PM

2,747 posts, read 2,632,919 times
Quote:
Never said my thinking was the only way.. thought it was funny we have different views.
Don't forget - I know it's hard for you - we don't all have to agree.
I do not consider drinking a culture thing.. it's just drinking.
I don't consider festivals culture.. if there's music - that I'd consider culture.

Fantasy Fest I would absolutely not consider cultural.

cul·ture
ˈkəlCHər/
noun

noun: culture
  1. 1.
    the arts and other manifestations of human intellectual achievement regarded collectively.
The thing is, you don't get to "consider what is culture." It's not an opinionated thing. Your consideration is irrelevant and merely an opinion about what type of cultural activities you enjoy.

Fantasy Fest IS a cultural activity, whether you like it or not. It's a celebration of the Keys culture. It's not a matter of views and disagreeing, your personal definition of culture is simply incorrect.

Oktoberfest is a German cultural activity which revolves around drinking beer. It's a cultural thing, whether you LIKE it or not, doesn't change the fact that it's cultural. Just as there is a craft beer culture. Culture is all around us.

Florida has an immense amount of cultural experiences that are both outside and often revolve around drinking. Whether you enjoy them or not is up to you. But redefining them as "not cultural" is ridiculous.

Old 07-07-2017, 01:03 PM

4,091 posts, read 6,012,754 times
Quote:
Luckily, Tampa has none of these things.

The Straz Center and Amalie Arena are just figments of my imagination. The Florida Orchestra is also just a name I've come up with.

Old 07-07-2017, 01:04 PM

4,091 posts, read 6,012,754 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PDF View Post
Well I'm glad someone likes Tampa.
Sorry you never left your house to find the entertainment in the city.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida