Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-20-2017, 08:21 PM

2 posts, read 852 times

Advertisements

Pulling my hair out right now - I thought I had all the documents I needed before I went to the Tax Collector's Office, but was told I needed the Texas registration. I assumed they meant the receipt, as I have the sticker on my car currently. I (obviously) just moved, and am trying to find that particular documentation, but am aiming to have everything in hand for an appointment at 11 am tomorrow.

Here is what I think I need to bring with me, based on an aggregate of websites:

Proof of identify - planning on bringing my shiny new FL DL as well as my passport.

Proof of insurance

As far as ownership goes, I recently purchased the vehicle in Texas (about 4 months ago). I'm not sure what they want - I have all my auto-loan statements ready to go, will that suffice?

I know that the office I am going to does the VIN and mileage verification, so that should be fine.

Is there anything I'm bringing that won't work, or anything I'm not bringing that I should? I normally don't have these issues, but there's barely anything on the FL website in terms of what documents are acceptable...

Thank you in advance!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-20-2017, 09:13 PM

7,937 posts, read 20,370,579 times
Make sure you have Title in hand...We are going to register our cars as well and have been on the phone with the DMV office..they told us they need Title, Proof of Address and a utility bill or something from a utility company, proof of FL Insurance.

It will cost you 400.00 to register the car...good luck

Old 07-21-2017, 06:34 AM

2 posts, read 852 times
See this is where it gets complicated - I don't HAVE the title, since I still owe money on the car. I've got my monthly car payments, but I'm not sure what else they would want... Thank you though!

Old 07-21-2017, 04:11 PM

3,977 posts, read 8,167,709 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by badwolfgirl View Post
See this is where it gets complicated - I don't HAVE the title, since I still owe money on the car. I've got my monthly car payments, but I'm not sure what else they would want... Thank you though!
Have you seen this page. It should help explain what to do.

How to Title and Register Your Vehicle | FL-DHSMV Answers

Old 07-21-2017, 04:30 PM

113 posts, read 141,740 times
Don't need the title if it is with the finance company, but you will need to know where that company is. Make sure you have your proof of purchase for the vehicle and it has that you paid sales tax on the vehicle.

Old 07-21-2017, 05:43 PM

3,930 posts, read 6,440,025 times
We needed two pieces of mail from our new Florida address along with the title work for the car. You will probably assessed an impact fee ($275 in Charlotte County) along with tags. You will need the car there to get the mileage and VIN checked by the staff.

Old 07-23-2017, 09:51 AM

7,937 posts, read 20,370,579 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by badwolfgirl View Post
You have to print out a form from the DMV and send it to your Leasing/Financing company then they will send it to DMV and they will call you when title gets in then you have 10 days to register it..our car is leased and one is financed almost paid off and since one of our cars only takes 48 hours for them to turn around the title to DMV we will register that one 1st..our financed vehicle unfortunately title takes 4-6 weeks we were told...and it is 400.00 to register it
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida