Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-25-2017, 05:39 PM

5 posts, read 6,720 times

Advertisements

I'd love to get some input. I'm considering a vacation condo at Cinnamon Beach in Palm Coast or Harbour Isle on Hutchison Island. Anyone have experience to share with either or both areas? Safety, activities, etc. I've lived in Palm Beach for more than 15 years. I like a bit more upscale living but can get down to earth too. Looking for a beachy town as a getaway every once in a while with husband and sometimes elementary and college age kids. We are both business professionals in our 40s. Price is comparable on each, so that's not an issue. Trying to figure which would be a better investment. Rentable when not in use. Thoughts? Here are some pros and cons of each for me from my research. I haven't visited either location yet.

Harbour Isles Pros:
Family friendly
Restaurants
Beautiful beaches
Activities
Closer to home, 1.5 hour drive

Harbour Isles Cons:
Not exactly on the beach
Nuclear power plant 10.5 miles away
Safety? Close to Fort Pierce (not sure how much spillover of fort pierce negativity exists on the island)
Wildlife - saw some bobcats pics at the seaway causeway. Are they an issue on the island?

Cinnamon Beach Pros:
Family friendly
On the Beach
Activities
Restaurants
Appears safe

Cinnamon Beach Cons:
Further North so colder in the winter
Further from home, 3.5 hour drive

I am attracted to what looks like an upscale beach community in Cinnamon Beach but also attracted to what looks like a slower paced, untapped hidden gem with lots of potential in Harbour Isles. Please help! TY
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-26-2017, 05:51 AM

27,224 posts, read 43,942,133 times
If you're looking to do things nearby versus spend time exclusively in/around the condo I would go with Harbour Isles. Not sure what you're alluding to with Fort Pierce regarding safety, as I don't believe roving bands of criminals scour the surrounding area looking for victims. The town has a population of just 45K to begin with and it's actually pulling itself up by the bootstraps revitalizing it's downtown area which is attracting a lot of visitors. https://www.tripadvisor.com/Attracti...e_Florida.html Palm Coast is a bland planned community with no downtown area and "entertainment options" like strip plazas and chain restaurants. However if you're conditioned to believe the boogeyman is going to get you due to a prevalence of minority residents within 10 miles, it might be the best fit for you.

Old 07-26-2017, 11:21 AM

5 posts, read 6,720 times
TY Kyle. Your response put things into perspective for me. Looks like Fort Pierce has made a comeback. Before you responded I thought I was looking for something more resort-like but in the end, you helped me to realize that I am looking for a small, unspoiled beachy town where I can enjoy the outdoors - outside of the condo community, and escape life as I know it in Palm Beach County for a while.

Old 07-26-2017, 12:18 PM

27,224 posts, read 43,942,133 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Soflolife View Post
TY Kyle. Your response put things into perspective for me. Looks like Fort Pierce has made a comeback. Before you responded I thought I was looking for something more resort-like but in the end, you helped me to realize that I am looking for a small, unspoiled beachy town where I can enjoy the outdoors - outside of the condo community, and escape life as I know it in Palm Beach County for a while.
Glad I could help and also to eliminate a stereotype, the world seems to have so many of them sometimes! Either would provide you with that escape, but Palm Coast will feel more like you're getting away most likely given the different topography of the area.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida