Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-09-2006, 06:36 PM

1,408 posts, read 5,095,550 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by hiknapster View Post
FLTNNana:

YOU are a retiree!

Actually I've lived in Orlando and Fort Myers. There are more retirees in SW Florida. But "more" is a relative term. They are wall-to-wall in SW Florida.

I think that it is hard for someone to relate to a young family just moving to Florida, if you have been living there since 1976.
Yep, I AM a retiree...NOW...but this was my home wayyyyy before I retired. And we have produced 6 young families so we helped the population in the Orlando stay younger than we are!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-18-2009, 09:25 AM

9 posts, read 56,025 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by teresa36 View Post
hi there everyone. Man, i feel like maybe i should reconsider moving to florida. We (boyfriend, dd and ds) were planning to move to florida, somewhere as close to walt disney world as possible, this summer. After reading all your posts, i feel maybe that might be a bad move. Weve been currently living in roseville, ca for the past 6mos. I hate it here. The smog is terrible. The whole city is surrounded by a cigerate bowl. I also just learned that the rail yard we have here (which can hold up to 100 locomotives at one time. Its the largest rail yard in northern ca) is poluting the air like there is no tommorow. Iv noticed alot of childs with cancer here, could be a coinsident who knows. Just about everyone i talk to knows someone with cancer. I surely dont want to stay here and have my children get the big "c". So were finishing out the year then off to florida.

Problem is iv heard alot about the humidity is not good for sinus infections. My ds had sinusitus. Im hearing alot of stuff about the mold. I get that you all have a problem with mold there. Is that true? Iv also heard that there could be water problems, where water has to be boiled. Is this true too. And the schools, im hearing from all the messages on this forum that schools there in florida are not so good. So just curious about what you all had to say about these issues.

And did i meantion, im looking for a place thats a good place to raise a family near disneyworld. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated. And is there any cities in the state that dont get hit by these crazy hurricanes. It was interesting that you all got by with no hurricanes this year. Last year was crazy, one after another. Was it 8 hurricanes in 2005. Any way sorry for the long post. Oh another thing why is there no fences for your back yards. Okay promise thats it. Cant wait to hear from you all.

Teresa

lol dont live by disney, [mod]racist[/mod]

Kissimeee, poieciana (sp), st cloud (anywhere near disney), is basicly the low income part of central fl . Unless u move into windermere, home of tiger woods and shaquile o'niel =] which is just past magic kingdom.. About 15 mins . Homes here run anywhere from 500,000 - well into 3 or 4 million .

Move about 20 mins north of disney into orlando (near sea world) ie ..the hunters creek area . While u may pay double to live thr, everthing is kept up with ...its a family community .

Last edited by fauve; 07-18-2009 at 11:13 AM.. Reason: edit out racist remarks
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida