Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-19-2008, 08:45 AM

2,093 posts, read 5,570,887 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by tallrick View Post
Anyone else feeling depressed lately? Seems like every time the weather gets in the 90's I feel depressed. Add the stress of inflation, Team Metro , and friends who moved away and it really can weaigh a person down. Anyone else get like this? I wonder if this is seasonal affective disorder?
Sooner or later Pfizer will have a pill for it.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-19-2008, 08:50 AM

374 posts, read 1,624,273 times
When the weather gets in the 90's in March OMG! Here we go again. I agree with doom1001. The Hurricaine season is right around the corner and the hot weather seems to trigger something in our heads. I think I still have Post Traumatic stress syndrome from going through those Hurricaines. Three direct hits!!! The gas lines, the plywood, the grocery stores and just that scarey feeling. Let's hope and pray we have another year with no direct hits!! I did get shutters and a generator with a direct line to the house!

Last edited by Wendyb0077; 03-19-2008 at 08:51 AM.. Reason: Spelling

Old 03-19-2008, 09:58 AM

44 posts, read 157,375 times
I have a feeling if you weren't feeling money stress and loneliness, the weather wouldn't be as much of an issue. What can you do to lift yourself out of depression? Perhaps interact with people and enjoy hobbies and activities. Become not lonely by making new friends and you will be happy. Go to a dark, air-conditioned COMEDY movie and eat popcorn adn milk duds. Be proactive on your own behalf and change your circumstances.

Old 03-19-2008, 08:03 PM

242 posts, read 611,168 times
It just seems like this winter has been the hottest I've seen in a while. I'm REAL tired of humidity. 'Cept tonight (late afternoon) I went to the park and it was nice and breezy, real perty... birds, rippling water, the sky was gorgeous, the serenity was all right there, so thick you could cut it with a knife...

The only fly (flies) in the ointment was that the road is right next to the park, so you only hear birds when there's an occassional break in car sounds. Then people started coming around, talking on cell phones, kids talking (yelling) at the top of their lungs, and people reprimanding their dogs.

For me, economics plays a part in depression. Money isn't everything, but it does offer me choices, giving me a sense of personal strength to make changes.

If I can't be economically fit, then at least I'd really love a nice quiet place to "commune" with Mama Nature.

Old 03-19-2008, 08:09 PM

6,853 posts, read 22,369,037 times
I am so frustrated with our weather the last few months haven't been cool enough and maybe another record breaking day Thursday they say. And to think we probably only have one and half months left of decent weather. Then hibernation....

Old 03-19-2008, 08:13 PM

1,988 posts, read 7,116,852 times
I think all Northeasterners with their snow would get a laugh at this thread LOL.

Old 03-19-2008, 08:49 PM

1,451 posts, read 2,470,557 times
I feel depressed in the NE where its been snowing since Nov. the snow is taller than me in the front yard..No birds, no leaves, no sun, no going outside at all, money is tight cause heating is so high, always wearing layers upon layers of clothing constantly,bed heaters on all night etc.. Now that I'm in naples right now its beautiful its been breezy everyday and I've been outside and very happy. My lips aren't bleeding and cracking, my skin isn't dry and itching nonstop, I don't freeze to all he!! when I get out of the shower and I don't take 20 mins to get dressed.. Its not that bad and I'm an idiot for leaving it.. Don't miss the cold snow and dread of the NE at all.. Take it all..

Old 03-20-2008, 06:49 AM

2,903 posts, read 12,491,367 times
Dear Tallrick,

It has been a few days since you posted this. Are things any better? I'm sorry you are going through this bout of the blues......by your posts you seem like a good guy whom any of us would be privileged to have as a neighbor.

Almost anything I say as advice could easily seem trite....I get that way when I'm either overcommitted to other people's projects..taking on too much extra work.

I've found that excersiseing more, taking relaxing walks, doing something I've wanted to do but have not found the time for, just going somewhere I've wanted to check out, reading a good book and taking the time to enjoy it...throwing away junk and organizing a room......all these things have helped pull me out of the blues at times.

I can relate with Tarastomsgirl.....we get down up here when the winter lasts so long...(like now).......it is below freezing here, and fresh snow is on the ground. My very involvement on this forum is my way of coping with being up here in NY......I go to the florida forum just wishing I was down there.......it helps me deal with freezing up here, rubbing elbows with all you Floridians.....I look forward to my 3 weeks down there in May.

Frank D.

Old 03-20-2008, 07:02 AM

99 posts, read 351,663 times
I agree 100%. People are always complaining about "the snow" & when can you go out here?! I know we can't. My husband & I both have terrible allergies since we've been here & you can't forget about the wasps making nests everywhere. For whoever likes 90 degrees almost all year round, more power to you. We're headed back up north to seasons!

Old 03-20-2008, 09:23 AM

582 posts, read 2,031,271 times
Default are you kidding me?

i'm in boston where it has been dark and cold for 6 mths now and i can't believe the comments in this thread.depressed because it's going to be hot and sunny?try being in a mine for 6 mths and it's damp and cold and no outdoor activities,now that's depressing.go spark up the grill and throw some steaks on and a couple of cold ones that should change the mind frame.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida