Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-23-2010, 10:55 AM

2 posts, read 7,429 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by debraamanda View Post
I have lived in Florida since I was 23 and am now 56. I have one daughter. First of all I would not move anywhere near TAMPA!!! I know you love the beach in Clerwater it is beautiful. Tampa gets alot of storms. I would look at Boca Raton, Orlando area, like Clermont, Fl. We live right next to Clermont .Country hills if you can beleive hills. Schools are good. debra
Any other good areas to look at?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-23-2010, 12:23 PM

8,489 posts, read 20,639,147 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jescook View Post
Any other good areas to look at?
She posted 3 times in October and never again. I don't think she will answer you.

I am not sure what storms she is talking about. Tampa/Clearwater gets less storms than Boca and about the same as Orlando/Clermont. I have lived in all those areas.

It is all about what type of area you like. All of the above areas have nice areas whether you like urban, suburban or rural. Boca is more suburban in itself but you have Ft.Lauderdale and Miami nearby.

Old 03-23-2010, 05:19 PM

191 posts, read 632,772 times
I am from Nj and currently living in South West Florida. Jersey has some of the best wages yes but everything else is expensive so it cancels out. It's all about the job if you can see yourself making lower then you can enjoy great weather all year along. To make more obviously NJ is where to go but your gonna be roughed up with long winters. As far as schools there are good schools and bad everywhere if it's really a concern there are private schools. Most of the teachingtoday goes on in the household and how they are raised anyway. Everyone here talks about jobs jobs jobs there are jobs here it just depends how much you think your worth. In FL i know people making twice as much as they did in NJ. You just need 1 job you could get lucky. I grew tired of NJ and will never look back im staying right here in Southwest FL for life.

Old 05-16-2010, 04:12 PM

3 posts, read 5,983 times
I grew up all over NJ from birth till the age of 20. I have lived in the Tampa area for the last 12 years, and I swear to you, unless you have mental issues, you're way better off in NJ for numerous reasons I dont feel like typing all out now. Trust me on this. This place is like a limbo, where life has no meaning....it's like purgatory..it sucks.

Old 05-16-2010, 04:15 PM

2,510 posts, read 3,975,949 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NJBound77 View Post
I grew up all over NJ from birth till the age of 20. I have lived in the Tampa area for the last 12 years, and I swear to you, unless you have mental issues, you're way better off in NJ for numerous reasons I dont feel like typing all out now. Trust me on this. This place is like a limbo, where life has no meaning....it's like purgatory..it sucks.

I've lived in New Jersey for 63 years and I can verify that even purgatory is better than New Jersey !!!

Old 05-16-2010, 06:52 PM

Location: Lakewood NJ/Murrells Inlet SC/ N. Naples FL/Swainton NJ
4,026 posts, read 6,543,117 times
I grew up in Cherry Hill (South Jersey). Lived for a little while in North Jersey. Have owned a house in Central Jersey (Ocean County) for the last 30 years.

I soon plan to leave NJ behind (currently in SC and heading to FL next week). I am use to NJ. I could continue to live there (hating the winter months). I have come to love the South much more.....

Old 05-16-2010, 07:40 PM

7,937 posts, read 20,377,459 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NJBound77 View Post
WE lived in NJ for almost 9 years and let me say I would not trade S.florida for NJ any day of the week...and Im far from mental...My dh and my children are so happy and love living here in florida....as both my kids grew up in NJ...Nowhere is perfect or is it utopia, and what is great for my family doesnt mean it is for someone Else's...

Old 05-16-2010, 08:19 PM

105 posts, read 280,641 times
I currently reside in New Jersey and my wife and I are headed to FLorida to live next year. (We once lived in Florida for one year but family issues and health took us back to Jersey where we grew up) We are real excited to get back to Florida

Old 07-14-2010, 08:16 AM

7 posts, read 15,162 times
Hi Everyone! My family and I are currently living in New Jersey (Cape May/Wildwood area) and are moving to central Florida at the end of this month. We hate the cold winters here in Jersey which is our main reason for relocating. We are born and raised here in Jersey so moving to Florida is going to be a very big change for us, but hopefully a good one.

Old 08-29-2011, 12:49 PM

2 posts, read 3,437 times
i have lived in both and i can honestly say that they are both equally nice in there own way for different reasons. i am in Nj now trying to move back here and it has been one obtacle after another. fl beaches hands down blows nj away. the food in nj blows fl away. the education in nj blows fl away. people are much nicer in fl. so much more diversity and culture in nj. winters are beautiful in fl and stink in nj. summers are horrible in fl and much nicer in nj. quality of living in fl is so much better than NJ. what you can live in and have in florida is so much nicer than here. i love outdoors and fl has that all year long. traffic in nj is just ridiculous. summers go by way too fast in nj. everthing is soooooo expensive here in nj. been looking for an apt for the past 5 weeks in bergen county and can not find one. school starts in 1 week and i am still where i was 5 weeks ago. I hope this helps. like i said they both have good and bad. it just depends on what type of life style you are looking for. fast pace with great food and culture and education is nj. laid back, no culture, excellent outdoor lifestyle all year long, nice friendly people, great home, affordable is fl.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida