Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-15-2006, 04:39 AM

22,584 posts, read 54,033,362 times

Advertisements

LauraC:

I'll have you know I just spit out my morning coffee. It's all over my desk.

Thanks for a huge laugh!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-15-2006, 09:04 AM

627 posts, read 2,841,055 times
Ditto with the Coffee! I loved that post LauraC!!!!

Old 12-15-2006, 09:36 AM

1,418 posts, read 10,158,847 times
If the towns are "ruined" by Floridians moving to them, then why do housing prices continue to increase. Maybe some of us Floridians should get together, move into a multi-million dollar neighborhood in North Carolina, and just wait for the locals to give their houses away, while they are running away from us. Hmmmm, maybe I can start a multilevel marketing company based on this premise, sell a bunch of tapes and CD's telling others how I got rich doing this, and call it "SCATWAY".

Old 12-15-2006, 10:11 AM

19 posts, read 80,958 times
awesome post laura. i laughed my socks off

Old 12-15-2006, 12:56 PM

9,319 posts, read 18,679,498 times
We moved from southern CA to northern CA and we thought we were on another planet.We were very unwelcomed to the little mountain town. People grumbled when we came to AZ to escape the nutballs in n. California. Too many of us coming to the desert from California. I think our country will never be the same and most nice places will no longer remain nice. Just pick your spot and enjoy. We could close the border! How can we adopt millions more people when we grumble amongst ourselves for moving here and there?

Old 12-15-2006, 02:01 PM

9,324 posts, read 26,647,783 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Prichard View Post
If the towns are "ruined" by Floridians moving to them, then why do housing prices continue to increase. Maybe some of us Floridians should get together, move into a multi-million dollar neighborhood in North Carolina, and just wait for the locals to give their houses away, while they are running away from us. Hmmmm, maybe I can start a multilevel marketing company based on this premise, sell a bunch of tapes and CD's telling others how I got rich doing this, and call it "SCATWAY".

The rising prices are part of the ruination! Bubble up the real estate, tax out the natives who work for a living and build another crime infested hell hole. Like I said, some of us who hate this need to get together and take over a county like the crooks did in Dade and Broward, and make life easier for working class folks and hard for the speculators. Sort of like the good old boy network in reverse. You move to our town do not tell us what to do or we'll send you to Gatorama!

Old 12-15-2006, 03:14 PM

15 posts, read 48,957 times
Nice post Laura! I love satire.

Old 01-20-2009, 06:29 PM

97 posts, read 215,513 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MotleyCrew View Post
We moved from southern CA to northern CA and we thought we were on another planet.We were very unwelcomed to the little mountain town. People grumbled when we came to AZ to escape the nutballs in n. California. Too many of us coming to the desert from California. I think our country will never be the same and most nice places will no longer remain nice. Just pick your spot and enjoy. We could close the border! How can we adopt millions more people when we grumble amongst ourselves for moving here and there?
I laughed until I was almost sick over this one. In the town I currnetly live in (Western PA) people fall all over themselves welcoming newcomers or people who invest in the town. They are so happy others joined them in this hell-hole!

Old 01-20-2009, 06:44 PM

892 posts, read 1,567,610 times
[quote=tallrick;201659 What do I support? Businesses that generate income by producing products, not the stupid real estate bubble game[/QUOTE]

I completely agree.

Florida (unfortunately) hardly has any businesses that produce products......

And WAY TO MUCH EMPHASIS PUT INTO MAKING MONEY FROM THE HOUSING MARKET.

The funny thing is........ many people think that the recession will be over soon
and when it is over........ Things will go back to "the way it was" over the last 5-7 years!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Yeah- good luck with BOTH of those!

Old 01-20-2009, 08:40 PM

3,417 posts, read 7,748,910 times
This is a very old post.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida
View detailed profiles of: