Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-26-2018, 10:29 AM

233 posts, read 172,501 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by britinspain View Post
I'm fully aware of that and am still confident that your semi automatic weapons will be being collected from you in the near future
A lot of people are confident in absurd things and confident in things they couldn't possibly know - we call those people crazy.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-26-2018, 11:35 AM

42,850 posts, read 26,275,432 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BeachBum87 View Post
If it's part of the gun, I don't consider this a magazine. But if you want to own a gun with a fixed magazine (I never saw one in a store) go right ahead. I don't. I'm insulted that you want to require me to own one, so I will politically fight you tooth and nail.
It's the only kind you can buy in California, so yes..they do sell them. And seriously if you feel insulted by that you are way too sensitive

Old 02-26-2018, 11:45 AM

42,850 posts, read 26,275,432 times
Quote:
Since there is an 2nd amendment, you need more than a clean majority to pass any ban on semi automatic weapons. Try a super majority - 2/3rds - basically you need to pass another amendment. Any legislative ban at the federal level of semi automatic weapons will be struck down by the USSC.
Absolutely, 100% dead wrong. You don't need to change the 2nd amendment to ban assault type weapons, all it takes is SCOTUS defining which weapons are not permissible. Read Scalia's majority opinion in Heller, he clearly said that there can be exceptions for certain weapons. SCOTUS has state bans on these guns repeatedly, most recently in 2017 when they refused to hear a challenge to the Maryland assault weapons ban.

I doubt if you will read it, but in case anyone else is interested this article lays out a strong case for SCOTUS to federally limit certain guns: https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/...=.f51b94bed053

Old 02-26-2018, 11:53 AM

233 posts, read 172,501 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2sleepy View Post

I doubt if you will read it, but in case anyone else is interested this article lays out a strong case for SCOTUS to federally limit certain guns: https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/...=.f51b94bed053
There is no point to link to a WashPro article, just link to the entire ruling. I have ad blocker on, and WashPro keeps asking me to purchase a subscription, which I will never do with them.

You should also learn to be more critical by getting your news from the source instead of relying on journalists to spin that source for you.

Old 02-26-2018, 12:01 PM

294 posts, read 233,148 times
Quote:
There is no point to link to a WashPro article, just link to the entire ruling. I have ad blocker on, and WashPro keeps asking me to purchase a subscription, which I will never do with them.

You should also learn to be more critical by getting your news from the source instead of relying on journalists to spin that source for you.
I'm sure there are many here that would like to know the source of your news???

Old 02-26-2018, 12:46 PM

5,687 posts, read 7,183,271 times
Quote:
I'm fully aware of that and am still confident that your semi automatic weapons will be being collected from you in the near future
Perhaps, brit, you'd like to enlighten BeachBum as to WHY you are so confident on weapons confiscation, hmm? Maybe one of those little quiet history lessons they don't teach us in school might be in order here and Britain's real role in all of this. Go ahead. People should know the true state of global affairs and where all this misery comes from and more importantly, why. A gloomy little butt-hurt piece of island hanging out in the North Sea. Pip-pip!

Old 02-26-2018, 12:52 PM

1,129 posts, read 470,245 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kmarc View Post
Perhaps, brit, you'd like to enlighten BeachBum as to WHY you are so confident on weapons confiscation, hmm? Maybe one of those little quiet history lessons they don't teach us in school might be in order here and Britain's real role in all of this. Go ahead. People should know the true state of global affairs and where all this misery comes from and more importantly, why. A gloomy little butt-hurt piece of island hanging out in the North Sea. Pip-pip!
Another brain box joins the debate

Old 02-26-2018, 01:09 PM

Quote:
Another brain box joins the debate
Sigh. Typical Brit response, pip-pip? C'mon, go ahead and tell the good folks. Let me give a little prompt. Boyz n' gurlz, what country had a huge empire that never really went away, just went underground and dumped their problems on the US? What country is the global master at divide and conquer? What country is hard at it here in the US? What country brought you Christopher Steele and the golden showers?

Follow the money.

Old 02-26-2018, 01:15 PM

1,129 posts, read 470,245 times
Kmarc, I'd be surprised by your response if you've ever left your trailer park let alone travelled abroad to know anything about the outside world.

Old 02-26-2018, 01:24 PM

Quote:
Kmarc, I'd be surprised by your response if you've ever left your trailer park let alone travelled abroad to know anything about the outside world.
Ooh-LAH, dahling. The brit elites are the masters at degradation and insult. I do exempt the brit working class, however. They get a raw deal from the toffs. I wouldn't set foot in the fiefdom of the Battenburgs for a second.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida