Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-27-2018, 08:40 AM

233 posts, read 172,501 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2sleepy View Post
SCOTUS does not write an opinion when they refuse to review a case, you didn't know that?

You should be able to access the article using this link https://outline.com/HDva4s If you want other sources try google, I'm not going to waste my time looking for sources that you consider acceptable, but guess what? google is your friend. https://www.google.com/search?newwin....0.TQOnN1-bbUo
You keep sending me to a WashPro article. I'm not going to bother.

I want you to explain in your own words what the USSC refusing to hear a case on a state gun regulation has to say about any potential federal gun regulation. I hope you're aware there is a big difference. In one case, it's democratically decided by the individuals in the state, in another the Federal government is overriding the will of people in other states.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-27-2018, 08:41 AM

14,993 posts, read 23,889,546 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dfwuno View Post
He was referring to previous posts saying everything and anything is protected by the 2nd Amendment. It has been pointed out many times that the Amendment is not absolute even by very conservative people and courts including SCOTUS. It was a point well made.
Ah OK. I was not involved in that particular discussion.

I'm actually the guy that supports raising the gun buying age and the ban on bump stocks.

Old 02-27-2018, 08:42 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by staywarm2 View Post
Why are you personally against bannng Bump stocks?
Because I'm against banning anything just because someone misused it. I don't own bump stocks, have never used bump stocks, and don't see any foreseeable future where I'd want one but that doesn't mean I want to ban them.

Banning things is just stupid in my opinion. And it infringes on the rights of law abiding citizens.

Not to mention, bump stocks were used in just one mass shooting. We're not even facing an epidemic, yet people want to ban it.

Old 02-27-2018, 09:06 AM

294 posts, read 233,112 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BeachBum87 View Post
Because I'm against banning anything just because someone misused it. I don't own bump stocks, have never used bump stocks, and don't see any foreseeable future where I'd want one but that doesn't mean I want to ban them.

Banning things is just stupid in my opinion. And it infringes on the rights of law abiding citizens.

Not to mention, bump stocks were used in just one mass shooting. We're not even facing an epidemic, yet people want to ban it.

And why did the government ban the sale of ammonium nitrate after the Oklahoma City bombing. It was only one bombing and only a few hundred died. It really infringes on my right to green up my yard every spring. What is your number for shootings and deaths before something should be classified as an epidemic?

Old 02-27-2018, 09:10 AM

Quote:
And why did the government ban the sale of ammonium nitrate after the Oklahoma City bombing. It was only one bombing and only a few hundred died. It really infringes on my right to green up my yard every spring. What is your number for shootings and deaths before something should be classified as an epidemic?
Whataboutism. You complain about when I do with it alcohol and turn around and do it with ammonium nitrate. But to be specific, they didn't ban it, they just require you get on a list if you buy it in large quantities. It was also used in more than one bombing. The original WTC bombing used it as well.

In the case of bump stocks they were used only ONCE. And it's not even clear if they enhanced the death rate.

Certainly, I don't want them banned. I think it's such a stupid reaction and people who push it, I think poorly of them.

Old 02-27-2018, 09:18 AM

50,275 posts, read 47,032,885 times
Quote:
We still use ammonium nitrate as a fertilizer.

Old 02-27-2018, 09:22 AM

1,129 posts, read 470,185 times
Quote:
Whataboutism. You complain about when I do with it alcohol and turn around and do it with ammonium nitrate. But to be specific, they didn't ban it, they just require you get on a list if you buy it in large quantities. It was also used in more than one bombing. The original WTC bombing used it as well.

In the case of bump stocks they were used only ONCE. And it's not even clear if they enhanced the death rate.

Certainly, I don't want them banned. I think it's such a stupid reaction and people who push it, I think poorly of them.
Instead of deflecting and trying to show something else is worse than guns or somewhere else is also bad can you come up with a way to lower gun crime / deaths and mass shootings as this is what we all want really ?

Old 02-27-2018, 09:35 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by britinspain View Post
Instead of deflecting and trying to show something else is worse than guns or somewhere else is also bad can you come up with a way to lower gun crime / deaths and mass shootings as this is what we all want really ?
Gun crimes and deaths have been trending lower for the last 20-30 years in this country. They're currently the lowest they've been since the 50s.

And while we may want no gun crime - I certainly don't want anything banned to accomplish that. Sometimes, there is no solution and we can accept that.

Old 02-27-2018, 09:36 AM

294 posts, read 233,112 times
Quote:

I can not buy pure ammonium nitrate anywhere and doubt you can either. Fertilizers with ammonium nitrate maybe but not 100%. Again how many shootings and or deaths using a bump stock is enough to cause a looking at banning them?

Old 02-27-2018, 09:41 AM

Quote:
I can not buy pure ammonium nitrate anywhere and doubt you can either. Fertilizers with ammonium nitrate maybe but not 100%.
McVeigh used fertilizer not pure nitrate.

Quote:
Again how many shootings and or deaths using a bump stock is enough to cause a looking at banning them?
For me, there is no number. I would never be in favor of banning them. Happy? But doesn't change the fact that they were only used once, and you people still want to ban them. Which shows you just want to ban everything no matter its impact.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida