Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-13-2018, 01:45 PM

5 posts, read 3,125 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by RexLan View Post
I didn't say shopping on-line was lazy - you did. However, expecting anyone to give curbside delivery to earn you business is well, let's just say stupid. Your solution is to punish Publix and not purchase from them ... hahaha.

Same old thing day after day because you are just too busy to buy your groceries ... my, my. It certainly does not take me HOURS to buy what I need.

If you really have to work 2 jobs there is a reason - think about it and adjust as required. You can't blame Obama or Trump - look in the mirror and you will see the guilty party.
It doesn't take you hours to shop? You must not have young children. A trip to the grocery store takes me two hours easily with my young kids to mind. I made a list of the stores in Florida that offer this service and it seems like Publix is the only one that doesn't. That's odd, especially since it's the major grocer in the state.
No matter, I will be doing curbside pickup at Walmart, Target, Sprouts, Lucky's and others.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-13-2018, 01:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arcenal352 View Post
This.

Excuse me but the whole pity party “I work two jobs have kids don’t have time to spend HOURS in the store” sounds ridiculous. I’m a single father of two, both who actively play competitive travel sports, and I work also. It’s never a chore to run into the store on my way back from work to buy groceries.
Ironically, I already find the cart helpers at Publix to be annoying. I’m already there, I have feet and arms, I can haul my stuff out myself. On the same token, if I’m already going to have to drive to the store to use curbside pickup, I might as well just go in, that was I can pick my own items and potentially see stuff on sale that I could use.
In the time it takes you to find a parking space, park, walk into the store, grab your items, wait in line, check out, walk to your car, and back out, a Walmart employee has already loaded my groceries into my trunk and I have already left the store and arrived home. Or at least this is how it worked in Atlanta.

Old 04-13-2018, 01:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by expatCA View Post
In today's society, unlike years ago, this is a way to reduce stress and save time.

Old 04-13-2018, 02:58 PM

27,215 posts, read 43,910,956 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by susieheinan View Post
In the time it takes you to find a parking space, park, walk into the store, grab your items, wait in line, check out, walk to your car, and back out, a Walmart employee has already loaded my groceries into my trunk and I have already left the store and arrived home. Or at least this is how it worked in Atlanta.
Oh dear, it seems like time must be rather precious for you if that minute difference really sets you back. I can drive to within fifty feet of my Publix's front doors and park pretty easily much any day/time, walk in and find what I need, check out minus a line (behind at most two others) and be out to my car in fifteen minutes at most. Are Americans really getting so pathetically lazy that a simple trip to the grocery store is so insurmountable? SMH

Old 04-13-2018, 03:03 PM

764 posts, read 392,182 times
When you have small kids, especially like my daughter and husband, they have 6 kids with the youngest at 3 yrs. Having to go shopping with a 3 year old and shop for the amount of groceries they buy it is "Heaven sent" to have curbside pick-up! I thought by now, Publix had that.

Old 04-13-2018, 08:00 PM

1,615 posts, read 2,142,117 times
Quote:
It doesn't take you hours to shop? You must not have young children. A trip to the grocery store takes me two hours easily with my young kids to mind. I made a list of the stores in Florida that offer this service and it seems like Publix is the only one that doesn't. That's odd, especially since it's the major grocer in the state.
No matter, I will be doing curbside pickup at Walmart, Target, Sprouts, Lucky's and others.
The world is a diverse place. If curb side pick up is important to you, patronize stores that do it. With stores, you vote with your wallet. 11

Old 04-14-2018, 07:02 AM

459 posts, read 585,679 times
Quote:

There ya go ... punish them (Publix) hard and do without the best in the process - your choice

Old 04-14-2018, 09:52 AM

27 posts, read 24,141 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RexLan View Post
There ya go ... punish them (Publix) hard and do without the best in the process - your choice
Some people and families are plain lazy (and fat)...most people who shop at Publix, shop there because of general quality and fine customer service and/or personal service, not simply PRICE or having someone delievery your lazybutt groceries at your house.

Even KROGER is going to HIRE 11,000 new employees according to the Wall Street Journal 2 days ago because according to THEM, they need to INCREASE the QUALITY of THEIR "customer service"....and that statement and their actions indicate that they too have underestimated and understaffed the important areas of "customer service"....they have ignored it......PUBLIX SUPERMARKETS has built its business model around neighborhood access stores and great customer service....internet availability is anathema to great human customer service and interaction. Grocery shopping for many Americans is not simply an exercise in "re-stocking" their fridges and pantries.....the online efforts don't get it. Robots can bring you soup cans and a gallon of milk.
Great customer service is the bedrock of retail consumer satisfaction. PUBLIX knows this, very well indeed.

Old 04-14-2018, 09:56 AM

16,215 posts, read 11,333,999 times
Publix displaced Winn-Dixie, jus as Winn-Dixie displaced A&P.

The cycle will repeat itself.

Old 04-14-2018, 10:07 AM

4,479 posts, read 3,848,623 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 18Dmodem View Post
Some people and families are plain lazy (and fat)...most people who shop at Publix, shop there because of general quality and fine customer service and/or personal service, not simply PRICE or having someone delievery your lazybutt groceries at your house.

Even KROGER is going to HIRE 11,000 new employees according to the Wall Street Journal 2 days ago because according to THEM, they need to INCREASE the QUALITY of THEIR "customer service"....and that statement and their actions indicate that they too have underestimated and understaffed the important areas of "customer service"....they have ignored it......PUBLIX SUPERMARKETS has built its business model around neighborhood access stores and great customer service....internet availability is anathema to great human customer service and interaction. Grocery shopping for many Americans is not simply an exercise in "re-stocking" their fridges and pantries.....the online efforts don't get it. Robots can bring you soup cans and a gallon of milk.
Great customer service is the bedrock of retail consumer satisfaction. PUBLIX knows this, very well indeed.

Oh great! Let's shame the American consumer and call them fat and lazy for having the audacity to shop online. That will accomplish what exactly? Prompt them to shop even more online?

Excuse me while I go order some more Patagonian steaks from thrivemarket.com. Better than any steak I've ever bought at Kroger, or Walmart, or Publix for that matter.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida