Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-10-2018, 08:33 AM
TD*

1,695 posts, read 4,143,510 times

Advertisements

Tallahassee is the best.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-10-2018, 10:04 AM

3 posts, read 3,403 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lovesSWFL View Post
Hi! I live in the Englewood Beach area of Florida. I settled here because it is south of the frost line (Tampa area) Our weather is fantastic. We get gulf breezes, unlike the east coast or the middle of Florida. You would have plenty of opportunities for your careers here. I live in Rotonda West, which is a golf community, with 4 golf courses. That being said, you do not have to golf - I don't and neither does my husband - the HOA fees are only $190 per year. We have nature and biking trails, a community center but no community pool. Mostly homes in the area have private pools.
There are other communities in this area (Venice and North Port) that are geared toward nature and hiking that have community pools and fitness centers, etc. We are only 15 minutes from the beach and we joke that Rotonda has a "dome" over it. The storms that have come through have skirted us. Hope that helps! Feel free to message me if you want more information on this area.

East Coast of Florida gets a sea breeze, Gulf Coast doesn't. That's why Gulf Coast waters are smooth and land temps are 2-3 degrees higher in the summer than the Atlantic side at same latitudes.

Old 04-10-2018, 10:07 AM

789 posts, read 785,941 times
Some where around Mexico Beach Fl area if younger today . As it is WNC mountains has been good for life and children for 20 years .

Old 04-10-2018, 02:37 PM

5 posts, read 6,102 times
FL is where old people go to die every city has plenty of medical positions. The panhandle is a little less of a retiree state, but that's mostly because Panama City exists and most northerner migrants go as south as possible to ensure near 100 degree weather wear round to offset the blood thinners. Tallahassee and Gainesville have decent diversity due to being major college towns and not right on the beach.

Old 04-15-2018, 10:53 AM

3,848 posts, read 7,965,807 times
I lived in Fla for 34 years.. if I could live anywhere in Fla it would be anywhere north of the border like I am now.. aka not in Fla... but gun to my head I'd go to Tampa.

Old 04-27-2018, 12:14 PM

675 posts, read 645,374 times
I only ever lived in the Tampa Bay area, and I like it now more, now that I have been absent since 1993. I've never been to the 30-A area, but it intrigues me, at least away from the crowds and the uppity neighborhoods.

Old 05-07-2018, 07:57 AM

9 posts, read 13,833 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sweetbottoms View Post
I lived in Fla for 34 years.. if I could live anywhere in Fla it would be anywhere north of the border like I am now.. aka not in Fla... but gun to my head I'd go to Tampa.
Just curious, what is it that you didn't like while in Florida? Where did you live for those 34 years? What is different about Tampa?

Old 05-07-2018, 08:08 AM

9 posts, read 13,833 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WinterParkLocal View Post
You're young, active, concerned about flood zones and want to work in the medical field... I would direct you to Orlando, specifically downtown. There is a vibrant but affordable (compared to CA standards) downtown scene. The Audubon Park area has an amazing urban farming program that would interest you. There are actually decent (again Florida standards) mountain biking and trail running in Clermont. Plenty of running clubs and triathlon clubs that swim the local lakes. The areas near downtown are still affordable to buy and there are great schools in those affordable areas. I've lived all over Florida (Gulf, South, North) and Orlando is my favorite. Happy to answer any questions.

Oh and we have great medical facilities, ORMC, Florida Hospital and Nemours.
Hi!

It's nice to hear from someone with positive view of Orlando. I will have to look into the biking and running clubs you mention. I've read that Orlando is really dirty and crowded, and heard from some people that are locals here as well. I know each person has their own perceptions, but I'm curious about hearing more from you about Orlando, because most places I can read about it that are positive are for tourists rather than a person looking to relocate and begin a family. Are there suburbs with a good commute time? I really miss being on the edge of a national park, the calm and quiet - but being able to go to the grocery store and work without an hour+ commute.

Thanks for your time!

Old 05-07-2018, 11:12 AM

4,480 posts, read 3,855,495 times
Seaside FL

Old 05-07-2018, 10:14 PM

15 posts, read 16,566 times
Default natural disaster

Quote:
Originally Posted by bmw335xi View Post
Orlando is my favorite city in Florida (moved here from San Francisco), there are some really great areas to live. My second favorite area to live would be Boca Raton in South Florida. Money or work wasn't a main factor when we moved to Florida as I work from home and my income here allows me to live in any city in Florida. If you have any questions, feel free to ask me.
I am in Silicon Valley and plan to move to Central Florida next year, how you feel tornadoes, sinkholes, lightning and hurricanes impact your life in Orlando? take these factors serious or just ignore it when making relocation decision?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida