Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-25-2018, 06:24 AM

12,016 posts, read 12,760,107 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by sithlord72 View Post
Hopefully Publix won’t cave to this little snot nosed turd
This just shows you what kinds of people are on Publix and Putnam's side.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-25-2018, 06:58 AM

9,532 posts, read 16,518,269 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bmw335xi View Post
It’s disgusting how David Hogg is using the killings to make money and publicity to himself. He think he is a big shot calling for boycotts, etc.
If I said what I'd like to say to your comment, Then I'd be kicked off CD. So I can say, I think your comments are entirely inappropriate, and extremely insensitive.

Old 05-25-2018, 07:48 AM

24,407 posts, read 26,956,157 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimrob1 View Post
If I said what I'd like to say to your comment, Then I'd be kicked off CD. So I can say, I think your comments are entirely inappropriate, and extremely insensitive.
Sorry but being sensitive and hashtags havent done anything to stop shootings, they only have increased.

We need to end the nonsense and focus on solving the problem

Old 05-25-2018, 02:55 PM

12,017 posts, read 14,323,903 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bmw335xi View Post
Sorry but being sensitive and hashtags havent done anything to stop shootings, they only have increased.

We need to end the nonsense and focus on solving the problem
And that solution includes gun regulation.

Gun nuts love to bring up mass killings with vehicles...vehicles require more regulation to get licensed on and to use than guns do.

Where is the liability insurance requirement for guns? Why aren't parents held criminally liable when their kid takes their gun to school and shoots up the place because it was unsecured?

Old 05-25-2018, 03:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by chopchop0 View Post
And that solution includes gun regulation.

Gun nuts love to bring up mass killings with vehicles...vehicles require more regulation to get licensed on and to use than guns do.

Where is the liability insurance requirement for guns? Why aren't parents held criminally liable when their kid takes their gun to school and shoots up the place because it was unsecured?

I'd agree with holding gun owners liable for their guns, I'm all about the 2nd Amendment, but I'm also all about accountability.

Regarding all these children taking the moral high ground, I'm shocked nobody addresses bullying... I remember one interview from a Parkland student who told the shooter, I'm surprised it's not you... most of the time bullying played a big part in the mental health of shooters. This is not an excuse for the shooter, they deserve to be put to death, but let's solve the root cause here... I wouldn't be surprised if Hoggs was one of the kids who made fun of him (I'm not saying he did, I'm just saying I wouldn't be surprised how many kids bullied or made fun of him)... who knows.

Old 05-25-2018, 04:27 PM

12,017 posts, read 14,323,903 times
Publix learned the same lesson that Starbucks did. Ding mix business with politics

Publix suspends political contributions as David Hogg 'die-ins' begin - Orlando Sentinel

Old 05-25-2018, 04:30 PM

2,513 posts, read 2,790,094 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chopchop0 View Post
So right wingers prefer the status quo on mass shootings?

Got it
Wow what a reach. Did you fall over?

Old 05-25-2018, 05:21 PM

12,016 posts, read 12,760,107 times
He's changing his commercials from smear campaigns to what he plans to do. I prefer the smear campaigns against his opponent, makes him look like a jerk.

Old 05-25-2018, 05:49 PM

1,615 posts, read 2,142,497 times
I am glad to see publix back away from the politician.

Old 05-25-2018, 08:33 PM

So for those of you boycotting Publix and I fully support your right to do so. The sole reason for this boycott is because the Publix PAC (Political Action Committee) donated funds to support Adam Putnam. So please boycott Publix but you have to be ALL IN, on your boycott. You must boycott EVERY company or PAC that has donated to Adam Putnam. For those of you whose electricity is provided by TECO Energy, Duke Energy or Florida Power and Light - I fully expect you to boycott your companies IMMEDIATELY and no longer have electricity in your home. Next, please make sure on your way to work, you drive right by the WaWa and RaceTrac - you are boycotting them too. During your lunch, make sure you are not drinking any Pepsi Products - yup no Pepsi, Mountain Dew, Gatorade, Lipton Tea OR Aquafina water. Don't forget - Pepsi owns Quaker Oats, Tropicana, Doritos, Lays, Ruffles and more. After your day at work, and if your electricity company is not mentioned above - turn on the tv, and relax. But please do not drink any beers produced by Anheuser Busch - sorry fans of Budweiser, Shock Top, Michelob and Stella. You are boycotting. Sit back and turn on the tv - but you best not be watching anything by NBC Universal. No NBC, CNBC, MSNBC, Hulu, E!, the weather channel, usa network, golf channel, Telemundo,etc. Also, forget about visiting Universal Resorts! Oh, your an Annual Disney World pass holder, you say! No more you are not - WDW Resorts is a NRA supporter (according to your boycott). Bye bye Disney resorts and cruises. Now if you have manged to make it this far and can boycott all of the above and you say no problem. Great! I sure hope you don't get sick - Florida Blue, also a Putnam supporter. So you are no longer insured if your current health provider is Blue Cross and Blue Shield. (Also, I don't expect you to go to LRMC since the newest wing there is named after Carol Barnett, and she too is a Putnam, supporter). So for those of you boycotting Publix - carry on, but I expect you to GO ALL IN! You need to boycott all of these companies (and many many more I have not listed) since your reason for boycotting is money being provided to support Adam Putnam! I'm sure lots of you have not been able to read my post this far, since you have cancelled your electricity in support of the boycott and no longer have wifi at home. But I would love to hear from those boycotting all these companies and how that is working for you?

-random person post
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida