Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-07-2018, 04:20 PM

5 posts, read 6,836 times

Advertisements

I have lived here in Daytona Beach in Fairway Estates for 7 years. There are two things to be aware of: First, Daytona is growing like crazy. Second, Home prices are still reasonable, but, quickly on the way up. I have checked prices at coastal areas all around Florida and the Daytona area is the last coastal town to experience prices increases. I would buy now and save money. This place is booming. P.S. The Nascar and Bike events won't bother you, just avoid the areas for that week.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-07-2018, 04:54 PM

12,017 posts, read 14,317,847 times
Personally, I'd pick the space coast over Daytona. Better economy, cleaner less touristy beaches, better schools on the whole and no annoying NASCAR/bike week events to deal with.

Very similar in feel and size otherwise

Old 07-07-2018, 05:09 PM

24,396 posts, read 26,940,258 times
I think someone is trying to drive up prices so they can move out of that crap hole known as Daytona Beach lol

Old 07-07-2018, 06:17 PM

12,017 posts, read 14,317,847 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bmw335xi View Post
I think someone is trying to drive up prices so they can move out of that crap hole known as Daytona Beach lol
Dirtona. Lol. The only reasonable places to live in the Daytona MSA aren't in Daytona proper. Mainly ormond Beach, port Orange and Daytona Beach shores

Old 07-08-2018, 09:57 PM

5 posts, read 6,836 times
Default Daytona Beach is like any other city.

Daytona Beach is like any other city. There are good parts and bad parts. You just have to familiar yourself with the area. Daytona is growing and changing every day. There are many great places to go to. Business's and restaurants are quickly moving in. I live in Fairway Estates, just off Beville Rd. and it's a nice area with well maintained homes and very low crime. If you haven't been in Daytona for a while, your in for a surprise. The bike and Nascar events don't bother me, just avoid those areas for that week. Not a big deal, just a lot of traffic. I like the area, it has everything you would ever want or need and has a city life atmosphere. I don't ever want to be in an isolated suburban area. Just my thoughts, everybody is different.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida