Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-18-2018, 03:19 PM

25,690 posts, read 12,772,161 times

Advertisements

All Trump needs to do is spend a Trillion $'s less than Obama did to claim to be more fiscally conservative than Dems. That will be easy.

If you were worried about over-spending, you should have spoke up during Oblunders Presidency. He added more to the debt than EVERY Presidents who came before him...COMBINED! And, he spent it on crap..like Solyndra.

"Elections have consequences John, its time for your kind to take a seat in the back of the bus" You know who said that right?

Well, for the past 2 years, its been our turn to blow Trillions of Dollars on whatever we please, and we have. We're done now...back to gridlock.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-18-2018, 03:25 PM

17,263 posts, read 21,998,333 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mouldy Old Schmo View Post
How has Senator Bill Nelson managed to remain in office all these years? Is he perceived as a moderate, “Blue Dog” Democrat who can count on some Republican support?
Old guy, old people voted for........for years!

Guy was 76 and really didn't do anything spectacular. Off to pasture Bill, thanks for your service.

Old 11-18-2018, 05:11 PM

12,017 posts, read 14,315,117 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by beach43ofus View Post
All Trump needs to do is spend a Trillion $'s less than Obama did to claim to be more fiscally conservative than Dems.
Trump will never top slick willy in anything. Stock market, deficit, women laid in office, etc.

Old 11-19-2018, 03:41 PM

11,610 posts, read 10,420,786 times
Quote:
Gained seats in the Senate which is more important than the House.
Political ignorance. The House controls the power of the purse. Gaining a couple seats in the Senate at the cost of losing the House and several key governorships is a disaster for Trump and Republicans.

https://www.newsweek.com/midterm-ele...e-wave-1221933

It's not generally known, but a Democratic House, Senate, and President, could expand the Supreme Court by legislation without a Constitutional amendment.

https://www.vox.com/2018/7/2/1751352...-supreme-court

What is the cost to Trump of losing the House? Think Mueller investigation and the risk of impeachment if that investigation is terminated or hampered before its conclusion.

Trump's idiocy as a man-made climate change science denier likely will be exposed, and, in the process, opening up a vulnerable flank of all Republican deniers (most Republican Senators) in the Senate, let alone in the House. A House Democratic attack on man-made climate change would represent an overdue public debate on one of the most important issues facing mankind, the U.S. and certainly Florida.

E.g., if I controlled the House, I would push a resolution funding a SCIENTIFIC study of the rate of sea level rise and the likely impact to the American economy in each of the coming decades. Any Republican who voted against this resolution would permanently assume culpability for the dire consequences that lie ahead. Ditto, for the threat that ocean acidification poses to plankton, and therefore the marine food chain and the production of the world's oxygen.

The House also could initiate a very popular Constitutional amendment requiring the IRS to directly release the latest five years of tax returns, as amended or revised on audit, for all sitting Presidents and Presidential candidates.

Several other wedge issues are available to expose Republican hypocrisy, such as upgrading and passing the Senate 2013 immigration bill and drug price controls.

Old 11-19-2018, 06:31 PM

5,687 posts, read 7,177,253 times
In case anyone doesn't know, the head of moderation, Yac, is patrolling these threads for national political content and shutting them down, or moving them to the political forum.

Back to the subject of Bill Nelson. Part of his success in the past was his superb staff. What accounts for his failure was replacing them with Dem party operatives. He lost some bi-partisan support for that move.

Old 11-19-2018, 07:25 PM

25,690 posts, read 12,772,161 times
I happen to agree with Yac on that and am doing my level best to comply....but its tough I must confess.

I don't know the details of Nelson's operation, I'm just glad that he's gone. I'm not thrilled with Scott, but he's lesser of Two evils.

People...please vote in the primary's. This is why we keep winding uo with losers on both sides. That is when to send a message to the State's political machines.

Old 11-19-2018, 07:51 PM

5,687 posts, read 7,177,253 times
Quote:
I happen to agree with Yac on that and am doing my level best to comply....but its tough I must confess.

I don't know the details of Nelson's operation, I'm just glad that he's gone. I'm not thrilled with Scott, but he's lesser of Two evils.

People...please vote in the primary's. This is why we keep winding uo with losers on both sides. That is when to send a message to the State's political machines.
I agree with Yac on this as well. The Florida forums have always been sort of free-wheeling and have always been given a little more leeway than some of the other forums, which I appreciate.

Were you around when Scott first ran for governor? It was an interesting time. He ran against Bill McCollum, a bushie and lackluster AG. So when Scott sort of came out of nowhere with his "Let's get to work" campaign, it was like people were thinking "Anyone but McCollum, please!" He had the stink of Bush all over him. I wanted Alex Sink for governor and thought for sure she'd make it. She kept Jeb's sticky fingers off the purse and if she hadn't, Florida's pension money would have gone down with Lehman. State employees should thank their lucky stars for Alex Sink.

The problem with Sink was, in my opinion, she simpered a little too much throughout her campaign, which was unfortunate. It made her look weak whereas Scott's abrupt "Let's get to work" was more appropriate at the time.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida