Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 11-18-2018, 02:19 PM

5,687 posts, read 7,177,253 times

Advertisements

Well, it's finally over. Bill Nelson has conceded to Rick Scott.

https://www.zerohedge.com/news/2018-...ace-giving-gop

A tragedy in so many ways. Sigh, Bill had already ceded his office to the operatives anyway. It would probably been different if he had just continued to serve his constituents.

Old 11-18-2018, 02:50 PM

25,693 posts, read 12,772,161 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kmarc View Post
Well, it's finally over. Bill Nelson has conceded to Rick Scott.

https://www.zerohedge.com/news/2018-...ace-giving-gop

A tragedy in so many ways. Sigh, Bill had already ceded his office to the operatives anyway. It would probably been different if he had just continued to serve his constituents.
Good riddence old man...off to the Bingo parlor. He has a lot of Big Sugar Dollars to buy Bingo cards with.

Old 11-18-2018, 03:07 PM

110 posts, read 94,062 times
It's a very Sad day for Florida's environment,People without heath insurance, pre-existing conditions , education,minorities,the poor and elderly, FL just went backwards 50 years.

Old 11-18-2018, 03:44 PM

25,693 posts, read 12,772,161 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by EcoLiberal View Post
It's a very Sad day for Florida's environment,People without heath insurance, pre-existing conditions , education,minorities,the poor and elderly, FL just went backwards 50 years.
sad day for environment...Trump just signed an environmental bill that has $1,300,000,000 in it for Florida.

people without health insurance...I thought Obama fixed that?

pre-existing conditions...Republicans have repeatedly agreed with Dems on this, stop watching so much CNN

education...Bill Nelson has been representing FLA for 40 years, so why does our education still lag? He failed us.

minorities...minority employment is at the highest level in over 50 years thx to Trump

the poor...both party's have been handing out money to the poor for how many years? The welfare state failed. Paying people not to work has not been a succesful strategy...time to try something else.

elderly...they are the ones with all the money. And, they get senior discounts everywhere they go. They already have Social Security and Medicare, so what else do they need? Rising interest rates will help them too.

Florida just sent backwards 50 years...good, we'll get another chance to do things right...the things Nelson did wrong for all those years that got us where we are at today; crappy schools, polluted waters, people w/o health insurance, record minority unemployment, mass shootings, homelessness, phosphate mines, increasing Red Tide. Geez Nelson didn't fix ANYTHING in 40 years. I wish we could have a do-over.

Old 11-18-2018, 05:12 PM

12,017 posts, read 14,315,117 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by beach43ofus View Post
sad day for environment...Trump just signed an environmental bill that has $1,300,000,000 in it for Florida.
As good a chance of getting FUNDED (since things actually cost MONEY) as the border wall (which MEXICO was supposed to pay for...)

Old 11-18-2018, 05:13 PM

12,017 posts, read 14,315,117 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by beach43ofus View Post
pre-existing conditions...Republicans have repeatedly agreed with Dems on this, stop watching so much CNN
And they choked when it came to "REPEAL AND REPLACE"

They want their cake and to eat it too... No pre-existing conditions without individual mandate. It's why Romney did that in MA. Logic, it's a wonderful thing

Old 11-18-2018, 05:26 PM

110 posts, read 94,062 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chopchop0 View Post
As good a chance of getting FUNDED (since things actually cost MONEY) as the border wall (which MEXICO was supposed to pay for...)
And... "We are gonna cover everybody,it's gonna be a beautiful thing"

Old 11-18-2018, 06:24 PM

14,928 posts, read 12,126,747 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by aridon View Post
Good should be easy to prove.

You better call Scott up and let him know he is dropping the ball sitting on all this proof.
..... said the Broward County supervisor of elections as she and her minions "disappeared" 1200 votes, mixed up valid vote ballots with nonvalid, provisional, unsigned, incomplete ballots.....not just in th 2018 election but the 2016 election for her friend Debbie Wasserman Sch****Z

Disappearing, obfuscating, wailing, "discrimination, racist, disenfranchising" as they stymie and impede every effort to ensure that only valid votes from IDed, registered voters are counted, anything goes as the Left justifies any means to their end of winning every election. And arrogantly retort "Prove It" when confronted with accusations of what we all see is going on.....it's easier to hide evidence of illegal activity and claim "who me"?? than it is to try and justify it when the evidence is right there in writing. Just ask Hillary about her emails. Or Debbie Wasserman Schultz and her disappearing Pakistani IT guy who had access to the records of the Congressional Foreign Relations Committee for a number of years.....

Followed by crying foul, unfair, "protest", promises of retribution for their losses when in spite of all the tricks of the Left they lose their elections.

Proof? It's right in front of the eyes of anyone who pays any attention to current affairs without the filter approved and dispensed by the left to their mindless followers.

Old 11-18-2018, 08:01 PM

5,424 posts, read 3,482,156 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Travelassie View Post
..... said the Broward County supervisor of elections as she and her minions "disappeared" 1200 votes, mixed up valid vote ballots with nonvalid, provisional, unsigned, incomplete ballots.....not just in th 2018 election but the 2016 election for her friend Debbie Wasserman Sch****Z
I read that she is quitting. Rick had 8 years to get rid of her, why didn't he? (I'm too lazy to google to see if this is an elected position.)

Speaking of elections, how does Rick keep getting elected after his company oversaw the largest Medicare fraud in U.S. history? Yea, I know it was 20 years ago, but still!

Old 11-18-2018, 08:34 PM

5,687 posts, read 7,177,253 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SanyBelle View Post
I read that she is quitting. Rick had 8 years to get rid of her, why didn't he? (I'm too lazy to google to see if this is an elected position.)

Speaking of elections, how does Rick keep getting elected after his company oversaw the largest Medicare fraud in U.S. history? Yea, I know it was 20 years ago, but still!
I've been wondering the same thing myself, why didn't Scott get rid of her? I bet he was terrified of being called a racist.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida