Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-17-2019, 10:09 AM

25,732 posts, read 12,808,029 times

Advertisements

I'm looking for single family HOA's with No People!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-17-2019, 10:14 AM

18,069 posts, read 18,818,113 times
Maybe living in a rural area with some land around you would be better? I do not your details, but you can find some large tracts of rural land in Florida at reasonable prices (that is relative though, lol), especially in the north. With a large tract of land, you would minimize a lot of these issues.

Are you criteria all related to noise? For example the msut park in the garage.

Old 01-17-2019, 10:18 AM

18,069 posts, read 18,818,113 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by beach43ofus View Post
Lol, this is the first thing that came to my mind when I read the OP, that he is looking for a neighborhood with no people. This is why I suggested a rural area and get some land.

Old 01-17-2019, 10:45 AM

99 posts, read 112,169 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SanyBelle View Post
I don't have an answer for you, but a question. What will you do with your dog if you find such a community?

Unfortunately, my dog has osteosarcoma, bone cancer. We are doing palliative care.

Old 01-17-2019, 10:50 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by beach43ofus View Post

Nope. Considerate people. And an enforcement mechanism if they are not.

You couldn't resist being snarky eh? I imagine you are one of those I would not enjoy living around. Just not a nice person.

Old 01-17-2019, 10:53 AM

I wrote this to start the thread:

Hopefully, we can avoid a lecture or debate about HOAs, the restrictions I seek, or my character, and focus on potential HOAs.

Old 01-17-2019, 10:56 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by boxus View Post
Maybe living in a rural area with some land around you would be better? I do not your details, but you can find some large tracts of rural land in Florida at reasonable prices (that is relative though, lol), especially in the north. With a large tract of land, you would minimize a lot of these issues.

Are you criteria all related to noise? For example the msut park in the garage.

Here is what I wrote in the other area thread I started on here:

I have over a hundred acres here to insulate me from barking dogs. I don't imagine I can get that in Florida. Nor do I prefer to live in a rural area. I have found that it is as noisy as a city, though in a different way. Gunshots and four-wheelers (noise which is bothersome to me and travels far), in addition to roaming and barking dogs, take over for the noise of living on top of people in the city. I also hate the idea of paying for land I don't use. Further, when looking for such large pieces of land here (and I imagine most places) the house on it was always much, much more than I wanted or needed. Because of that, the house I am in now is about four times larger than I want. Between the land and house, that makes for a lot of wasted money.

Noise is the biggest thing. I would prefer the other things.

Old 01-17-2019, 11:04 AM

1,464 posts, read 1,842,191 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mountainstosea View Post
By the way, it is not the dogs themselves that I want to avoid. I love dogs. Currently, I have a dog. It's unchecked barking that is the problem for me. If there is an HOA that prohibits owner's from allowing their dogs to bark and doesn't allow unattended dogs then I might consider that as well.

If you have a dog, why are you looking for a place that bars dogs?

Sorry, I didn't see the previous post. I'm sorry that you and you dog are going through this,

Old 01-17-2019, 11:19 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kiggy View Post
If you have a dog, why are you looking for a place that bars dogs?

Sorry, I didn't see the previous post. I'm sorry that you and you dog are going through this,

Thank you. He is everything to me.

I moved from Vermont to Asheville over five years ago for less winter (City-Data was very helpful in that move). I didn't consider Florida at the time because it wouldn't have been a good place for him. Up until this hit, we spent a lot of our time walking or in the woods hiking, off-leash most of the time. Great in Vermont or western North Carolina but that wouldn't work in Florida.

Old 01-17-2019, 01:03 PM

25,732 posts, read 12,808,029 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mountainstosea View Post
I wrote this to start the thread:

Hopefully, we can avoid a lecture or debate about HOAs, the restrictions I seek, or my character, and focus on potential HOAs.
You never said no humor.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida