Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-17-2019, 11:58 AM

72 posts, read 42,091 times

Advertisements

Having trouble finding a Florida city to move to based on my liefstyle and preferences.

Late 20s, work from home, 6 figures income.
Very libertarian/conservative and hate liberals, but I love dense urban cities.
Only interested in apartments.
Don't own a car; prefer to walk, bike, or take transit/uber.
Don't care about bars or "night life" other than eating out and seeing a movie maybe once a week.
Don't care much about being near cultural stuff like galleries or museums.
Don't care about "diversity".
Enjoy walking/hiking/biking in nature.

I currently live in Miami and love it, but I want to live somewhere where everyone speaks English.

Thanks, and let me know if any other info would help.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-17-2019, 01:19 PM

24,324 posts, read 26,708,197 times
I dont think there are any urban cities that aren’t liberal, even in Texas the major cities are all solid blue.

Old 02-17-2019, 01:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bmw335xi View Post
I dont think there are any urban cities that aren’t liberal, even in Texas the major cities are all solid blue.
Jacksonville voted for Trump

Old 02-17-2019, 02:07 PM

35,309 posts, read 51,996,121 times
Then move to Jacksonville

Old 02-17-2019, 02:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by r_marlowe View Post
Jacksonville voted for Trump

Jacksonville is in no way a dense urban city. There is a small outdoor center downtown and a couple blocks you can walk. You can spend like one hour before being bored and wanting to hop in your car lol.

Old 02-17-2019, 02:29 PM

Quote:
Jacksonville is in no way a dense urban city. There is a small outdoor center downtown and a couple blocks you can walk. You can spend like one hour before being bored and wanting to hop in your car lol.

I care more about "liveliness" than having a bunch of stuff to do. I wouldn't be a tourist.

Old 02-17-2019, 02:35 PM

Quote:
I care more about "liveliness" than having a bunch of stuff to do. I wouldn't be a tourist.

Dense urban cities usually means you want to basically not have to use a car daily life... to go to restaurants, groceries, shops, bars, people around walking on the street... Jacksonville is none of that, even downtown.

Old 02-17-2019, 03:31 PM

3,145 posts, read 3,095,150 times
My first impression also is Jacksonville area, but specifically the city of Ponte Vedra Beach.

It's conservative, and wealthy and with your income and politics, you'd fit in. Beautiful beaches all along that area. Great parks--Matanzas park especially. Nice seaside nature.

However, I do agree with those who feel Jax is not dense or urban. It is very sprawled out. What I like about PVB is that you have an upscale beachy area, and yet you have a huge dining/shopping/entertainment complex nearby, St. John's Town Center. I wouldn't bike it, but taking an uber there is doable.

My other idea is Tierra Vedra in Pinellas County, on the west coast. It's beautiful, you see lots of people biking and jogging to and from Fort De Soto park, a fantastic place to enjoy bird watching, pristine beaches and nature. Tierra Vedra also is conservative.

However, to get your urban fix, you'd have to uber to St. Pete. The downtown is fantastic, and has morphed from what was once heaven's waiting room to a lively, hip waterfront. You would meet many people your age. Pinellas did vote for Trump (slightly).

Good luck to you. Your income and job gives you lots of freedom to try to decide what to do.

Old 02-17-2019, 04:18 PM

11,669 posts, read 17,829,722 times
Quote:
Having trouble finding a Florida city to move to based on my liefstyle and preferences.

Late 20s, work from home, 6 figures income.
Very libertarian/conservative and hate liberals, but I love dense urban cities.
Only interested in apartments.
Don't own a car; prefer to walk, bike, or take transit/uber.
Don't care about bars or "night life" other than eating out and seeing a movie maybe once a week.
Don't care much about being near cultural stuff like galleries or museums.
Don't care about "diversity".
Enjoy walking/hiking/biking in nature.

I currently live in Miami and love it, but I want to live somewhere where everyone speaks English.

Thanks, and let me know if any other info would help.
Don't care about diversity, must speak English, hates liberals....geez, it's no wonder you support Trump.

Old 02-17-2019, 08:36 PM

12,017 posts, read 14,220,832 times
Quote:
Austin probably has its fair share of libertarians. In florida, imo most of the biggest cities are moderate rather than liberal
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida